Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notes from today's status hearing...

The voluminous amount of discovery is holding the case up. Defense lawyer said discovery could fill 4 courtrooms full of boxes. There are 600 witnesses on the witness list. Autry's attorney doesn't see this case tried in 2016. Judge does not anticipate being able to try case before 2017. Judge said can't move any faster, "If I could I would." Next status hearing is March 2nd.

Follow @WSMVCarley for tweets.

:seeya: Thanks for the update !

:facepalm: I forgot about today's hearing, but I'll check to see if there is anything else I missed.

:seeya:

NC5_ChrisConte1 hr ·

‪#‎BREAKING‬: State has filed a motion to sever the cases of Zach Adams, Dylan Adams and Jason Autry @NC5 ‪#‎HollyBobo‬ https://t.co/h7R6twXanO

https://www.facebook.com/NC5ChrisConte/?fref=nf

I am wondering how many months it will take the Judge to rule on THIS motion. It would not do for me to be a member of the Bobo family. I would be sitting at the Attorney General's office every morning.

JMOs

:seeya: WOW ! And thanks for this update!

From News Channel 5:

The State has filed a motion to sever the cases against three men charged in the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo.

If granted, the motion would separate the trials of Zach Adams, his brother, Dylan, and Jason Autry. All three men have been accused of kidnapping, raping, and killing Bobo back in 2011.

More at Link: http://www.newschannel5.com/news/local-news/hearing-held-in-holly-bobo-murder-case

From WKRN:

Judge doesn’t expect Holly Bobo case to go to trial before 2017

The state filed a motion to sever Dylan Adams’ trial from a trial for Zachary Adams and Jason Autry. A date has not been set to review that motion.

None of the accused suspects appeared in court Wednesday and another status hearing is scheduled for March 2, 2016 at 10 a.m.

More at Link: http://wkrn.com/2015/11/18/status-hearing-in-holly-bobo-case-will-determine-trial-date/

From WSMV:

Trial for murder of Holly Bobo won't be heard in 2016

Judge Creed McGinley said the case will not be heard in 2016 due to a voluminous amount of discovery, including a potential witness list of more than 600.

The Bobo family says they are disappointed but want this done right the first time.

The prosecution, defense attorneys and judge all agree this can't be done any faster.

More at Link: http://www.wsmv.com/story/30549788/next-status-hearing-set-for-holly-bobo-case

Snippets from the Jackson Sun:

Holly Bobo suspect trials not expected until 2017

"I can't see this case being tried in 2016," James Simmons, attorney for Jason Autry, said during Wednesday's hearing.

"I did not anticipate this being tried before 2017," McGinley said. "I want to try this case once and do it correctly."

If the case goes to trial in 2017, it will be six years after Bobo's disappearance from her Decatur County home in April 2011. She was 20 years old at that time.

More at Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...2015/11/18/holly-bobo-hearing-trial/75961646/

RBM: Just un-freakin-believable that it is taking so long for Holly and her Family !

More snippets from the Jackson Sun:

McGinley noted that he had been pushing to have motions heard, but has recognized that defense attorneys for the three defendants will need time to go through four terabytes of evidence.

The evidence, turned over to defense attorneys Matt Maddox, Jennifer Thompson and James Simmons in a digital format, equals more than 100,000 pages of evidence.

Nichols said the case had almost 200,000 pages of evidence, including a 600-person witness list, due to a four-year investigation with multiple local, state and federal agencies assisting. More evidence could possibly be presented leading up to the trial.

Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...2015/11/18/holly-bobo-hearing-trial/75961646/

From WKRN:

Judge doesn’t expect Holly Bobo case to go to trial before 2017

The state filed a motion to sever Dylan Adams’ trial from a trial for Zachary Adams and Jason Autry. A date has not been set to review that motion.

None of the accused suspects appeared in court Wednesday and another status hearing is scheduled for March 2, 2016 at 10 a.m.

More at Link: http://wkrn.com/2015/11/18/status-hearing-in-holly-bobo-case-will-determine-trial-date/

Wow! That's nuts!

Snippets from the Jackson Sun:

Holly Bobo suspect trials not expected until 2017

"I can't see this case being tried in 2016," James Simmons, attorney for Jason Autry, said during Wednesday's hearing.

"I did not anticipate this being tried before 2017," McGinley said. "I want to try this case once and do it correctly."

If the case goes to trial in 2017, it will be six years after Bobo's disappearance from her Decatur County home in April 2011. She was 20 years old at that time.

More at Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...2015/11/18/holly-bobo-hearing-trial/75961646/

RBM: Just un-freakin-believable that it is taking so long for Holly and her Family !

Actually, I am glad to see this. I want justice for Holly, but don't see how any real justice would be possible without full discovery and then full opportunity for the accused to examine and answer whatever has been dug up. I want to see the guilty executed, not the "obvious suspects" being accused because of gossipy suspicions.

And in my experience, quantity of "evidence" does not equal quality, and in fact can hint at a weak case or fuzzy prosecution (because a case built on one smoking gun is much better for a jury, and perhaps more incriminating, than boxes of random facts of varying and disputable value). I'm hoping there's actually a smoking gun or three in this case, but the existence of so much - combined with the difficulties they have had every step of the way - raises lots of questions imo.

Let me be clear - I am not saying these defendants are innocent or only arrested because they seemed like the guys to accuse. From where we sit, we don't have enough to truly know. I'm only saying that I want the guilty (and no one but the guilty) - whether they be these, or others - to pay for this atrocity, and to pay to the max allowed by law.

When and how did it become an absolute fact that Holly was raped?

Well anytime an inmate writes reporters or releases letters, they are saying something. But it may have little value. He is telling us that ZA is saying Holly Bobo hung out with him prior to her disappearance. That is new information. And I don't believe a word of it. But this is what happens. When you take away the drugs, put the inmates in a jail setting and give them some space, they will start making up stories or shifting the truth. It can be very helpful in a case or it can be a simple distraction.

I believe these guys are our perps. I have believed it from the start. Their names were mentioned in the community for quite sometime...long before their arrests. And I don't think anyone from Darden is surprised.

I was thinking about it this afternoon, and this is the second person to place HB in a social position with ZA. Perhaps she did know them after all (IIRC, it was mentioned earlier that they were actually distant relatives - second cousins or something like that). That might account for what her friends said about the coon hunt, and provide a possible motive. Consider this, if she did know them, perhaps as a result of being related, when she was at the coon hunt with her friends she may have pretended to not to and ignored them because they were a rough bunch whereas her friends were college students. They would have been deeply offended by that and perceived her as seeing herself as being to good for them. They would have been looking daggers at her, and her friends may have noticed that, but not known why - to the friends it would have seemed that it was just some creepy guy/s who were staring at her. But these are violent guys into criminal behavior, they would have seen that sort of behavior on her part as being very disrespectful, that would have made them angry and inclined to do something about it. So they may have decided to take it up with her later and teach her a lesson. That could account for some of the things the accused were alleged to have said at the time. It could also account for why she was seen going off into the woods without too much resistance - she may have believed that she could calm them down and sort it out, only it didn't work out that way.

So in that scenario we would not need to invoke group stalking or unrequited obsession as a motive, just dented pride involving individuals with poor self control and boundaries.

It didn't. Presumably the allegation stems form claims made by DA when he was cooperating with LE. I doubt there is anything else to suggest it.

NC5_ChrisConte

1 hr ·
‪#‎BREAKING‬: State has filed a motion to sever the cases of Zach Adams, Dylan Adams and Jason Autry @NC5 ‪#‎HollyBobo‬ https://t.co/h7R6twXanO

https://www.facebook.com/NC5ChrisConte/?fref=nf

I am wondering how many months it will take the Judge to rule on THIS motion. It would not do for me to be a member of the Bobo family. I would be sitting at the Attorney General's office every morning.

JMOs

It is another attempt to stall progress in the case. First file on some individuals. Then refile on new charges while dismissing the old, in order to get them together and restart the clock. Then sever the cases when things look like they will get moving again so that one accused can be offered a deal to testify against the others, or so that a weak case against one or more doesn't compromise the case against another. And restart the clock, lol.

Who the heck are all these witnesses? If they had this many good witnesses, why did it take 3 years to find Holly. I mean, I know that all witnesses are not going to testify to the crime...some are professionals, etc. But still, that's a lot of witnesses. If we can't work that crowd down, how will a jury ever be able to process that much information?

Also, what is in all those files? I mean, OJ Simpson's case didn't have that much stuff. I am getting very frustrated that we are not going to see a trial for a couple years!

That would be everyone they ever talked to or was involved in the case in some way. They won't actually call 600 witnesses, because most of them will be irrelevant to the case.

That would be everyone they ever talked to or was involved in the case in some way. They won't actually call 600 witnesses, because most of them will be irrelevant to the case.

Yes obviously I know that...but if most of them are irrelevant we should be able to move this case to trial next year.
I'm sick to death of the delays. I can only imagine how Holly's family feels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe it's ever been reported as fact, but I have not been following this case as closely as others. I just pop and try to catch up from time to time, So I'm elaborating on scriptgirl's question with more questions to those of you following this case closely.

wasn't there a girlfriend of one of the Suspects or of a friend of one of the suspects that says she saw or knew of the existence of a video of her being raped? Or did this girlfriend only see video footage of holly alive with the suspects but not necessarily being raped?

Again, my memory is foggy on this case, but Didn't the younger brother tell detectives he, his brother and the other guy took turns violating her? I hate to even type it. :(

I don't believe it's ever been reported as fact, but I have not been following this case as closely as others. I just pop and try to catch up from time to time, So I'm elaborating on scriptgirl's question with more questions to those of you following this case closely.

wasn't there a girlfriend of one of the Suspects or of a friend of one of the suspects that says she saw or knew of the existence of a video of her being raped? Or did this girlfriend only see video footage of holly alive with the suspects but not necessarily being raped?

Again, my memory is foggy on this case, but Didn't the younger brother tell detectives he, his brother and the other guy took turns violating her? I hate to even type it. :(

The video in question was of the rape...but we have no proof that its ever been found.
I have no doubt she was sexually assaulted. She deserves better than what we have going on in her case. This thing has taken forever...

And these perpetrators are lifelong criminals. They were notorious trouble makers. They had been in and out of jail.
I think Law Enforcement could have argued a search warrant on the pearl charges or drug charges and searched ZA's home early on in this case. And I think they would have found something related to Holly during the process.
Lots of frustrations with this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member