Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #1 ***ARREST***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have plenty of my own burning questions but I disagree that LE needs to release anything to to clear up any doubts that may exist among the general public. LE's job is not to convince the public at large that they have the right man. Their job is to gather evidence so the DA can convince a jury that they have the right man.

Curious about the questions you have...

My question (if it can be called that) is that; ZA is such an obvious suspect, and considering it's a very small town, LE must have had suspicion, no?

I wonder if he was ever questioned and someone may have been helping him with a bogus alibi....

I just don't know what a Parent should or could do when your kid is a drug addicted psychopath. The Courts did little. No amount of treatment would have changed who and what he was. IMO.

Once he became an adult, there was nothing they could do to change/help him unless he wanted help. However, I have also wondered how much "help" they gave him for bail and legal fees over the years. Do we know? I wondered how much they really bailed him out, or if we are just assuming they did.

Thanks,

I don't think Zach would have kidnapped or killed holly over her finding out something to do w his and his friends meth dealings. For one I don't think holly would have been in a position to find out anything about all that. The girl had nothing to do w drugs. Two, if she did by chance find out something about them, I think she would have called the police immediately or told her family. Three, ZA allegedly bragged quite a bit about his dealings. I think he liked people to think he was a "big dog." I think he felt invincible in regard to getting away with drug crimes. I can't see him kidnapping her for that reason even if by some bizarre chance she had found out something incriminating about them. I think the motivation was to sexually assault her. I wonder if they had seen her somewhere or maybe just knew of her and had been Facebook stalking her somehow and got obsessed and then got into a meth craze and decided to get her.

I agree.

As a Tennessean myself, I know for sure the police in TN don't really investigate drugs anyway, so he wouldn't have even had that angle to worry about. It was almost certainly a sexually motivated crime.

Re: the earlier quote from Mark Gwyn comparing Holly's to the other meth case involving kidnapping: What I took away from it is a hint from Glyn that potentially Holly was held and tormented by ZA and his meth head friends for some period of time. Horrible to even contemplate but IMO quite possibly what we'll see as this all unspools.

What do y'all think about him possibly Facebook/social media stalking her? I don't think they were friends on Facebook, and I'm not sure if her page was always private. Also, if one of their mutual friends had liked or commented on her pictures/status that could have caused it to show up in his Facebook news feed and she caught his eye. Maybe they had a mutual Facebook friend he could get on their log in and see Holly's stuff. I'm not saying this is what happened, I'm just trying to think of different scenarios. I know for me personally, and this sounds lame, but for example, my husbands good friend who moved out of state is my Facebook friend. He posts pictures of his wife and child all the time. I've never met his wife in person, but I almost feel like I know her through all the pictures and stories her husband posts about her. Maybe ZA developed a crush/obsession with her from his computer. It just seems like a long shot that ZA would know holly or her schedule in real life. A meth addict wouldn't seem to cross paths too often with someone like holly. Of course his choosing her to abduct could have been much less involved of a decision. Who knows. It could have been as simple as he saw her pumping gas or something and that started it.

Law enforcement said in the news conference that Holly was killed "during the perpetration" of the kidnapping. This would simply mean she was killed while he was attempting to abduct her. That would explain why his Facebook post came so soon after she was scuttled out into the forest.

For legal purposes in Tennessee, the kidnapping continued as long as she remained his captor. So, from a legal standpoint, she would still have been killed during the perpetration of a kidnapping regardless of how long he held her prisoner. Summary of law is posted below:

According to the laws of Tennessee, kidnapping is false imprisonment as defined in § 39-13-302, under circumstances exposing the other person to substantial risk of bodily injury. § 39-13-302 defines that a person commits the offense of false imprisonment when knowingly removes or confines another unlawfully so as to interfere substantially with the other’s liberty. Kidnapping is a Class C felony and false imprisonment is a Class A misdemeanor [ii].

Aggravated kidnapping is also false imprisonment, as defined in § 39-13-302, but committed:

■To facilitate the commission of any felony or flight thereafter;
■To interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function;
■With the intent to inflict serious bodily injury on or to terrorize the victim or another;
■Where the victim suffers bodily injury; or
■While the defendant is in possession of a deadly weapon or threatens the use of a deadly weapon

I dont see why people feel it is so hard for people in a dinky size town of 2000 not to know or know of each other. My high school has more than 2000 kids. I dont think that ZA would have to go out of his way to see Holly, even just by chance.

That is the hardest thing to understand in this entire case. I don't know if LE had him under the radar that long but the Bobo's PIs sure did and he was right at the top of what the PIs called the Adams Gang!

So if PIs can run down this information why in the heck did it take the TBI/FBI another year to move on it?

It makes sense to me they were cautious ........too cautious imo because of his family connection and prominence in the community.
<snipped for focus>

It may simply come down to the difference beween "what do we know and what can we prove"?

However, your post reminds me. What sort of prominence did his family have? I have heard several times that local politics played a role, but I don't remember reading anything specific about who it is that has the juice. His father is dead, so that's not it. His former step-father was afraid of him and left the state. Is it his grandparents that are the ones with juice?

Thanks,

Yes, you are right, that's what usually happens. But as I wrote, these are early days. Even high-profile cases often go through more than one attorney before trial.

I wonder what Jose Baez is up to these days :wink:

I dont see why people feel it is so hard for people in a dinky size town of 2000 not to know or know of each other. My high school has more than 2000 kids. I dont think that ZA would have to go out of his way to see Holly, even just by chance.

I grew up in a town of 3000. The local drug addicts who were into such hard drugs as meth were not hanging out in the same places I was. They're not going to be out at a nice sit down restaurant or out bowling. So you aren't rubbing elbows with these folks. HB and ZA had totally different friends and were something like 6 years apart so they didn't go to high school together. Why would they know rack other? They may have vaguely knew of one another, if so I can see maybe holly knowing of him because of his horrible reputation and all the arrests he had being public information. I just feel like there was a catalyst to make him pick HOLLY on that particular day.

Yeah but still with 2000 people (I have lived in small places) you know whos who. Especially if Holly's mom taught ZA at school... their properties are not that far away. I can imagine that, while they were probably not best friends, they knew (of) each other. It would not be difficult for Holly to catch ZA's eye anywhere... the grocery store, garage, some town get together. I just dont think that there is anything mysterious about ZA seeing or knowing about Holly.

Yeah but still with 2000 people (I have lived in small places) you know whos who. Especially if Holly's mom taught ZA at school... their properties are not that far away. I can imagine that, while they were probably not best friends, they knew (of) each other. It would not be difficult for Holly to catch ZA's eye anywhere... the grocery store, garage, some town get together. I just dont think that there is anything mysterious about ZA seeing or knowing about Holly.

What are your ideas on how/when/why he chose her?

What are your ideas on how/when/why he chose her?

Well I never thought this was random.

I always believed this crime had a sexual motivation. If you wanted to kill someone you would just kill them... I still wonder if this was planned solely as an abduction and not a robbery (gone bad). I still entertain that with ZA's background with drugs and theft.

People tend to covet what they see. He would see Holly around town. Perhaps he naturally drove by her house or she naturally drove by him. She could catch his eye. The family's standing in the community may have made her more obvious to him.

If the Heather Sullivan incident was related, then there has to be some way he is finding these women as you wouldn't just show up at exactly when they were leaving for work randomly.

It could even be similar to the Anne Pressly murder in Arkansas where her killer (who had a big rap sheet like ZA) worked for the county as a trash man and may have targeted her/her house for robbery since it was on his route and he would have some idea of her schedule.

Just popped into my head - any evidence of ZA having to do any sort of community service work related to his various arrests? Public service could possibly put him in contact with Holly or anyone else... You know, working at a church soup kitchen, etc.

I suspect Holly had something of a local reputation because frankly she was a knockout, miles more beautiful than likely many of the other young women in the area. Was she a cheerleader or anything high profile like that? Did she work in the local grocery store as a checkout person, which would bring her into contact with a lot of people?

My family is from a small town in western KY and I agree you always sort of 'know of' people. In my case I know I'm distantly related to people who run the local bottling company, etc.

I believe ZA and Holly didn't socialize or run in the same circles. But, gossip does get around in small towns. And if he's really connected in town, I would think his behavior would get discussed quite a bit, along with a lot of headshaking, and comments like "poor grandpaw, wonder how he stands the shame" sort of thing. I would also think Karen would take notice, if only casually, because she taught him, and "oh isn't that a shame what became of him".

I also went to a large high school, and I knew who the "bad kids" were, even if I didn't know them personally. And we almost always heard the juicy gossip when they got in trouble. :)

Holly may not have known ZA, but his family owned a large piece of property there, so she probably had a passing knowledge the family, and maybe vice versa.

Remember, the Adams place is right there off the freeway on the main road leading back to where Holly lived. It's not rocket science to think people in such a small community would know where other people lived. People often have their names on mailboxes or even signs on the side of their houses!

ETA: Oh yeah - he lived on Adams Lane!

I grew up in a much bigger community and my husband and I know that we crossed paths many times before we ever dated. I didn't got to school with him, but with his sister. His Dad was a teacher at my junior high. Now we live in a small town and see the same people all the time, walking down the street, at restaurants, or in the stores. We may not know their names, but we know where they live.

How many restaurants are there actually in Holliday and Parsons? I'm guessing a Hardees? A few pizza places? The question really is, how could they miss each other?

I really don't think anyone's saying they wouldn't have known of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alondra