Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #2 ***ARREST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never encountered that before - not showing the victim in court. In a way I can sort of understand the rationale behind it. The court should be a neutral playing field and one side or another should not have any advantage (or disadvantage) as to how they look. Having said that, the victim can't be there themself. for better or worse, the defendant can shave, cut his hair, wear a nice suit, say yes sir and no your honor...

We had a somewhat related situation here were a guy was accused of a hate crime killing. The defendant was an ardent neo nazi with all kinds of nazi tattoos all over his face, including a big Manson-esque swastika on his forehead. Taxpayers had to pay thousands of dollars to get professional make up artists to cover up all that stuff in court every day while the trial was going on because it was argued that the swastikas would bias the jury. He was still, IIRC, easily convicted and sentenced...

It sickens me. Hopefully, the prosecution will be able to compensate by talking about Holly, who she was, what her future would have been like before the accused snuffed the life out of a beautiful young lady.

I wouldn't worry too much for now. I can't see this going to trial anytime soon. I'd say at least a year. Lots can change in a year...

What thread are you referring to??? Is it here on WS or somewhere else??? I am just curious and want to read all I can about this case. Thanx. :D

Read post 3 in this thread. I'm not posting any rumors or gossip. I did read through a few thousands posts to see if I can find anything of use. I have not really, just a lot of rumors and unfactual information. But I have found that it was October 2012 it was specifically said that ZA did it. I found that amazing, that's all.

Read post 3 in this thread. I'm not posting any rumors or gossip. I did read through a few thousands posts to see if I can find anything of use. I have not really, just a lot of rumors and unfactual information. But I have found that it was October 2012 it was specifically said that ZA did it. I found that amazing, that's all.

I would like to see that post. Post 3 in the first HB thread? At first I thought you meant Topix, so I was confused. IT would have to be Topix, right? Because we couldn't have used his name here on WS.

I would like to see that post. Post 3 in the first HB thread? At first I thought you meant Topix, so I was confused. IT would have to be Topix, right? Because we couldn't have used his name here on WS.

Post 3 in this thread instructs us that we cannot use information from Topix on WS.

Yeah. I'm gonna stop this conversation because I don't want to violate terms or anything, I just thought "wow, amazing this was a year and a half ago."

Other than possibly trying put some shame on LE or anyone simply saying "I told you so", what good does it do, or what does it accomplish to debate that point now? ZA has been arrested. It's all about convicting him now.

It is common knowledge that in that small community there has been "hearsay" as to who is responsible. You cannot convict on hearsay. There still is a lot of "hearsay" going on locally. In many cases it has been detrimental to the investigation in that they had to run down a lot of theories and unsubstantiated rumors, wasting a lot of time not to mention causing undue frustration.

So why at this point in the case we are discussing when hearsay came about or for that matter what type of cammo he was wearing I don't find helpful in getting this convicted. JMO's

Other than possibly trying put some shame on LE or anyone simply saying "I told you so", what good does it do, or what does it accomplish to debate that point now? ZA has been arrested. It's all about convicting him now.

It is common knowledge that in that small community there has been "hearsay" as to who is responsible. You cannot convict on hearsay. There still is a lot of "hearsay" going on locally. In many cases it has been detrimental to the investigation in that they had to run down a lot of theories and unsubstantiated rumors, wasting a lot of time not to mention causing undue frustration.

So why at this point in the case we are discussing when hearsay came about or for that matter what type of cammo he was wearing I don't find helpful in getting this convicted. JMO's

I agree, and most of the hearsay is just that, hearsay. It seems to be a competition over there as to who can put out the next rumor and get attention at the moment. There is no way we can know which posts to trust as truthful and which ones not to trust.

I do read over there at times, but there is really more infighting than actual discussions about the case.

And you are right, so many names have been tossed about that it doesn't shock me that maybe one of the persons mentioned was really involved.

The way I look at it if the posters really knew something they wouldn't be posting what they say they 'know', and would be talking with LE only. And remaining mum, and refrain from putting it out on a public forum where it could have jeopardized the investigation.

IMO

It sickens me. Hopefully, the prosecution will be able to compensate by talking about Holly, who she was, what her future would have been like before the accused snuffed the life out of a beautiful young lady.

Even if it does get passed in the next session it still may not help Holly. If they pass it then it may only cover victims who have been murdered from the date they all sign off on it.

I have noticed in a lot of trials lately the jury gets to see the gruesome crime scene and autopsy photos but we rarely get to see a photo of the victim when they were alive.

It seems so unfair to the victim and to the families.

Sadly, I don't believe the bill will pass. Criminal defendants have long had many more rights than the victim ever has. I don't see that changing.:(

IMO

Post 3 in this thread from mod states that topix offers lots of interesting reading and members are encouraged to do so if they are interested. Post 3 further cautions members that here at WS we do not FOCUS on rumors gleaned from such places as topix but keep our focus on facts as reported in MSM. And we do not link topix at WS.

I took Kimster's post to mean, by all means, read the topix and check out the rumors if you are so inclined, just don't make the mistake of focusing your theories on them or allowing them to take over or dominate discussion here at WS

In September the Bobo family put up a tip box at the county fair. You may not find it pertinent or relevant to the case but some of us think it interesting that the suspect's name started circulating on other sites shortly thereafter. It will be interesting to see if anyone will be awarded the reward money. They may keep that a secret. Who knows. Or LE got their lucky break with the aggravated assault. I suppose we'll only find out at trial. Maybe.

As for the camo, I wasn't expecting a fashion discussion. I wondered if HS said he wore camo. He did not. It was a gray hoodie.

That's all

-------

The family of Holly Bobo, a young Tennessee nursing student who disappeared in 2011, is hoping a new tip box at the county fair will help garner new leads.

The tip box is inside an unmanned booth at the Decatur County Fairgrounds, according to Chris Williams, director of operations for Southeast Canine Search and Rescue.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/05/holly-bobo-missing_n_1858592.html

Even if it does get passed in the next session it still may not help Holly. If they pass it then it may only cover victims who have been murdered from the date they all sign off on it.

I have noticed in a lot of trials lately the jury gets to see the gruesome crime scene and autopsy photos but we rarely get to see a photo of the victim when they were alive.

It seems so unfair to the victim and to the families.

Sadly, I don't believe the bill will pass. Criminal defendants have long had many more rights than the victim ever has. I don't see that changing.:(

IMO

I haven't come across any trial so far where the victims photo was not shown or allowed to be shown.

I hope it changes for Holly and all other victims in TN.

I never encountered that before - not showing the victim in court. In a way I can sort of understand the rationale behind it. The court should be a neutral playing field and one side or another should not have any advantage (or disadvantage) as to how they look. Having said that, the victim can't be there themself. for better or worse, the defendant can shave, cut his hair, wear a nice suit, say yes sir and no your honor...

We had a somewhat related situation here were a guy was accused of a hate crime killing. The defendant was an ardent neo nazi with all kinds of nazi tattoos all over his face, including a big Manson-esque swastika on his forehead. Taxpayers had to pay thousands of dollars to get professional make up artists to cover up all that stuff in court every day while the trial was going on because it was argued that the swastikas would bias the jury. He was still, IIRC, easily convicted and sentenced...

Your tale about the neo nazi and his tattoos is amazing - imo anyone who gets their face tattooed with that sort of stuff has made a conscious decision about how they want to be identified, permanently. They are making a very bold statement about who they are - to then try to cover this up at trial is very convenient. Luckily jurors would have no doubt seen photos of that guy previously - hard to imagine how they wouldn't in this day and age. While I think the TN law preventing the use of photos of the victim when they were alive and well is pretty crappy, I'm pretty sure any all jury members would have excellent recall of what Holly's beaming face looks like.

Your tale about the neo nazi and his tattoos is amazing - imo anyone who gets their face tattooed with that sort of stuff has made a conscious decision about how they want to be identified, permanently. They are making a very bold statement about who they are - to then try to cover this up at trial is very convenient. Luckily jurors would have no doubt seen photos of that guy previously - hard to imagine how they wouldn't in this day and age. While I think the TN law preventing the use of photos of the victim when they were alive and well is pretty crappy, I'm pretty sure any all jury members would have excellent recall of what Holly's beaming face looks like.

The defence will probably request a change of venue.

The defence will probably request a change of venue.

I don't think that matters too much - even elsewhere in TN, surely they would be hard pressed to find jury members who had never heard of Holly or seen publicity about her case?

So I read through all those posts, and he was specifically mentioned by numerious posters as having done it as early as oct 2012. Amazing.

What's really amazing is that just as many people believed Holly's brother was lying or somehow involved too. Lots of people over there thought she had been taken out of state and was a human trafficking victim. Many people there and elsewhere thought her abduction was some kind of hoax.

If someone guessed ZA a year ago, they just got lucky. Or they knew something, and in that case they could have gotten a reward from police - last year. But that didn't happen, because really people were just guessing and gossiping and didn't know diddly-squat.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24910349/...o-case?clienttype=generic&smartdevicecgbypass

DECATURVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Throughout Decatur County, people are coming to terms with the realization that Holly Bobo isn't coming back.

Candace Wood double-dated with Bobo at the coon hunt just days before Bobo was kidnapped and murdered. Wood said Bobo did not associate with or tolerate people like Zachary Adams, the man suspected in the kidnapping and death of Holly Bobo, or his friends who were always in trouble with the law.

"She was goal-oriented. She wanted to complete nursing school. She was set on what she wanted to do. She was a good country girl. She loved four-wheeler riding. She played basketball. She was an all-around good girl," Wood said. "It's hard to imagine that she's no longer here with us."

Chris Williams, a human remains expert with the Southeast K-9 Rescue Team, has spent hundreds of hours over the years with the Bobo family searching for Holly.

To him, the case had become personal.

"I look at them as friends. It's hard not to get close on something like that, because I feel for them. I pray for them. There's no words I could even give to let them know how much we care. I do hear from them. I've texted back and forth with Ms. Karen. There's no words to describe it," Williams said.

And... another of ZA's GF's now shows up, per Vinelink, in Benton County lock-up. The 'current' GF. AB is already in there, along with her son (?), CB.
Hmmmm.

What's really amazing is that just as many people believed Holly's brother was lying or somehow involved too. Lots of people over there thought she had been taken out of state and was a human trafficking victim. Many people there and elsewhere thought her abduction was some kind of hoax.

If someone guessed ZA a year ago, they just got lucky. Or they knew something, and in that case they could have gotten a reward from police - last year. But that didn't happen, because really people were just guessing and gossiping and didn't know diddly-squat.

I always thought this case was fairly simple. In every case I have followed on WS people usually come up with very complicated, involved, dramatic, theories about what happened... I remember some here about Holly that involved some mystery jet flying out of the airport at midnight going to Arabia or some such. In reality, the suspect turns out to be someone rather mundane and predictable - a local, that, in such a small community, could be considered a "neighbor". While I am sure there is more to the story yet to come out, I seriously doubt Holly's death was part of some vast international conspiracy, etc.

Perhaps, I think, people want these deaths to be somehow more meaningful if they occurred as part of something big and dramatic and important on a larger scale. It kinda sucks (more) when you realize that its just another killing done by a local druggie over ultimately nothing :(

I cant wait to hear how the cops had enough to charge this guy and what his reasoning was to take Holly and ruin lifes. This was so senseless. I hope the family can find a way to be at peace.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member