Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From News Channel 5:

During the hearing, the state called witness Sandra King, who was believed to have lived with Pearcy for about two months from March to May 2014. It was not immediately known if the two were linked romantically.

King claimed she saw a video, about 30 and 45 seconds in length, featuring a woman crying with her hands tied-up. King said the woman looked like Holly Bobo. She indicated Pearcy’s half-brother Mark shot the alleged video.

“He [Jeff] told me Mark [Pearcy] had video showing Zach Adams having sex with Bobo,” said King.

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...nnection-To-Bobo-Disappearance-269023111.html

Then there will be evidence; thru the phone company. Nothing is ever deleted. IF they dont have it the NSA does.

From WSMV:

Sandra King testified at Tuesday's preliminary hearing that Jeffrey Pearcy showed her a video in which Bobo was tied up and crying.

A TBI investigator testified they have a phone belonging to Mark Pearcy and are trying to unlock it to see if it contains the video. TBI agents have not seen the video.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26137704/man-linked-to-holly-bobo-case-in-court-tuesday

RBBM:

:waitasec: Okay ... so don't ya think the TBI would have gotten the phone unlocked by now ?

:thinking: JMO but I think they have unlocked the phone ... the video is still there -- or -- the video was deleted ... but they have proof that it existed ? Possible ?

:moo:

See. this is what bothers me. If a video was made why in the name of all that is holy would people STILL be passing such a video around MONTHS after Zach Adams had been arrested and his property searched?

That just does not compute. And the guy they are accusing just whips it out to show some woman who lived with him a couple of months?

at the link http://www.wsmv.com/story/26137704/man-linked-to-holly-bobo-case-in-court-tuesday it says that LE had the witness call Jeff Pearcy in an attempt to get him to discuss the video she alleges she saw. In their phone conversation she says something like (paraphrase cause the article wont let me copy n paste) if it had been you in the video I would have watched it. He answers yes, I know.

Earlier in teh article it says she did not want to watch the alleged rape but saw Mark Pearcy approach a tied up blond woman who resembled Holly Bobo with the obvious intent to rape her. The article does not state she watched the alleged rape.

Jeff Pearcy claims he could not hear well on the phone call and that there is a sex tape of his brother Mark Pearcy having sex with his own wife who is also named Holly.

That is what I took from the article anyway.

Today JA's attorney Fletcher Long stated that he has yet to see a page of discovery.

If I remember correctly, the deadline for the state to furnish all discovery is in just about a month, and the judge specifically instructed prosecutors not to wait until the last minute to begin handing it over.

Long also accused the TBI of not following through on new leads in connection with the case, including supposed sightings of HB in Mexico.

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...bo-Sighting-In-Mexico-269098151.html?lc=Smart

In the WSMV video, the TV4 reporter states that M Pearcy's cell phone is at the Apple store, and the employees are attempting to unlock it. WTH? Why not utilize the cyber forensics resources of the FBI BAU?

The FBI Digital & Cyber Forensics Unit has amazing abilities to reconstruct videos and audios that have been deleted. Many State Crime Labs are trained by the FBI CFU..

In the serial killer gary m. hilton, FL death penalty trial for the murder of Cheryl Hodges Dunlap. GMH had videoed the crime, and later deleted and taped over it. The video was reconstructed/retrieved at the FDLE crime lab by digital/cyber technicians, and shown to jurors during trial. Imo, the damning video/audio was instrumental in his swift guilty verdict and death sentence by the jurors, who were all in tears...

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/may/forensics_053111/forensics_053111
FBI - Digital Forensics Help Solve Crimes

The FBI Digital & Cyber Forensics Unit has amazing abilities to reconstruct videos and audios that have been deleted. Many State Crime Labs are trained by the FBI CFU..

In the serial killer gary m. hilton, FL death penalty trial for the murder of Cheryl Hodges Dunlap. GMH had videoed the horrific crime, and later deleted and taped over it. The video was reconstructed/retrieved at the FDLE crime lab by digital/cyber forensics technicians, and shown to jurors during trial. Imo, the damning video/audio was instrumental in his swift guilty verdict and death sentence by the jurors, who were all in tears..

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/fbis-digitial-detectives-recover-deleted/story?id=15470999
<BBM for Focus>
FBI's Digital Detectives Dig Through Data Deluge

That work gets done at one of 16 computer forensics laboratories around the country run by the FBI, in partnership with 130 state and local law enforcement agencies. The first Regional Computer Forensics Laboratory, as they are officially called, was established in San Diego in 1999.

Agents who first obtain court approved search warrants can scour cell phones, cameras, GPS units, tablet computers and more for information that can make or break an investigation.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26137704/man-linked-to-holly-bobo-case-in-court-tuesday

A TBI investigator testified they have a phone belonging to Mark Pearcy and are trying to unlock it to see if it contains the video. TBI agents have not seen the video.

See. this is what bothers me. If a video was made why in the name of all that is holy would people STILL be passing such a video around MONTHS after Zach Adams had been arrested and his property searched?

That just does not compute. And the guy they are accusing just whips it out to show some woman who lived with him a couple of months?

Watching the news tonight, My 21 year old daughter, who doesn't follow any cases, listen to her and said " I don't believe her".. I sure want more. I look at it this way, in this case..... I think there is a video, but I don't think I believe this witness as well.I want more too. Before any arrests of who "seen It" I sure wished they, LE had it.

In the WSMV video, the TV4 reporter states that M Pearcy's cell phone is at the Apple store, and the employees are attempting to unlock it. ...

The Apple Store? Seriously??? :banghead:

I'm sorry, but things are not looking good for the investigation if they have to bring an iPhone to the Apple Store to unlock it.

I agree Foxfire. It seems odd to me that after this much time, and knowing the importance of this video, the TBI still has not even found some way to at least unlock the phone?

The idea that LE wouldn't have arrested these guys and made the serious charges they did without something more than this lady's uncorroborated claim about something she saw on a video that no one else has seen has been laid to rest. That's all they have - a lady making claims about a perhaps-mythical video.

LE really needs to come up with an actual video, otherwise this looks really bogus (and it's scary as hell to see how little it takes to have them go around and choose to destroy lives).

If they do find a video, they will have support for what they THINK may be true. But they shouldn't have arrested when what they had was still so flimsy, and it creates lots of doubt as to what they truly might have (or don't have) on ZA and JA.

I honestly do not even know what to say about the phone being allegedly at the Apple store still locked. I cannot imagine that is true. I just cannot fathom that the TBI and and Apple employee have thus far been unsucessful at unlocking the phone. So what, the court can't just order Pearcy to provide the code or whatever? That whole story about the phone not being accessed by TBI.

Um, yeah. :thinking:

I honestly do not even know what to say about the phone being allegedly at the Apple store still locked. I cannot imagine that is true. I just cannot fathom that the TBI and and Apple employee have thus far been unsucessful at unlocking the phone. So what, the court can't just order Pearcy to provide the code or whatever? That whole story about the phone not being accessed by TBI.

Um, yeah. :thinking:

How long have they had this phone? A couple of months or more? And, despite the crucial nature of whatever it is supposed to contain, they are still claiming that it must be in there but they just can't access it yet? Either they are lying to stall for time (hoping for something to fall from the sky to help their case) or they are incompetent as can be. Not very encouraging.

LE/TBI leaving an important piece of evidence at the Apple Store ?

:hilarious: :hilarious: Just laughable, IMO ...

Now, we know LE tells "fibs" sometimes ... but when testifying in court ? Really ?

No wonder some believe they "botched" this investigation from day 1 !

Pearcy maintained after court that there is not a video of Bobo or anyone else and that there never was a video.

Yet in this article it says he states the video is of Mark Pearcy and his ex-wife ( also named Holly).

1 This may be an important point in unraveling the truth.

J Pearcy can't claim that he never showed her a video, and that no video ever existed, while also saying that what she saw might have been a video of M Pearcy's wife that he showed her. Is he claiming that, at one time, there was indeed a video of some "Holly" that's akin to what she describes and that he showed her?

2 On the other hand, her claim is that this was something she was shown a couple months ago. It's pretty extreme to think that he would have had such an incriminating video in his possession, keeping it more than 3 years after the crime, and casually showing it around. That doesn't make sense on any level.

Today JA's attorney Fletcher Long stated that he has yet to see a page of discovery.

If I remember correctly, the deadline for the state to furnish all discovery is in just about a month, and the judge specifically instructed prosecutors not to wait until the last minute to begin handing it over.

Long also accused the TBI of not following through on new leads in connection with the case, including supposed sightings of HB in Mexico.

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...bo-Sighting-In-Mexico-269098151.html?lc=Smart

BBM:

:seeya: Just jumping off your post here:

So ... IF JA's attorney has NOT received any discovery, then how would Long know about these alleged new "sightings" in Mexico ?

IMO, the TBI is NOT going to share this info with the defense attorneys, especially IF they have not shared any other discovery ...

JMO but I do believe JA is involved ... so taking a wild guess here, I think the defense is desperate !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member