HOLLY BOBO on Nashville's Channel Four 4-29-13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you look at the new info for yourself? The news report was done with the consent of the Bobos, right now it seems likes it's all we have to go on.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/22148708/map-finds-new-evidence-in-holly-bobo-disappearance

Thank you, zaza, I did. I think there is room in the reporting for more accuracy to give us a clearer picture. I think the new attention is thrilling, what I am questioning is the source of the information. I suspect the single source of the information is the Bobos.

I feel like the Bobo's know what they have been told by LE-if the PI's have seen the files and were given the go ahead to release the information, that would be helpful to me to know. If the Bobos were the ones who provided police reports and ping maps, that would be helpful for me to know.

I am sure you guys think I am beating a dead horse here, but we have had two years of shoddy, sensationalistic reporting and innuendo. I just really wish that wmtv would lay it out and that Sheila Wysocki would lay it out without waiting for a Mother's Day special. We received the information in this fashion...

I dont think it would hurt anything about this case or this development if it were spelled out. jmvho.

So far the three-part WMCTV series based on the Wysocki campaign has produced at least two errors - footage identified as being from The World's Largest Coon Hunt 2011 (along with breathless, "21 RSOs registered!" info) that turned out to be Holly singing there in 2009, and the shrinking of the stopover - cemetery? somewhere? - from 15 minutes to five minutes. While these have been corrected - without comment afaik in the second instance - these do not bode well.

Thank you, zaza, I did. I think there is room in the reporting for more accuracy to give us a clearer picture. I think the new attention is thrilling, what I am questioning is the source of the information. I suspect the single source of the information is the Bobos.

I feel like the Bobo's know what they have been told by LE-if the PI's have seen the files and were given the go ahead to release the information, that would be helpful to me to know. If the Bobos were the ones who provided police reports and ping maps, that would be helpful for me to know.

Right now it seems that's all we have to go on. I'm frustrated over not finding any access to the GPS map. You can catch bits and pieces of it but not a clear picture of the whole map with roads specified, etc. Seems they are intentionally keeping it somewhat secret or unavailable right now. I guess they don't want people traipsing through the trail until they've thoroughly worked it. I was very involved with the initial searches and feel somewhat invested in helping but definitely, our hands are tied until more clues/evidence is released.

??

I don't understand your response.
I was simply wondering if this woman has had success with a missing persons cases, vs. one where the victim was found but the perp needed to be identified.

I think it is a very different situation when you have neither victim or perp and no real idea what happened beyond the fact that Holly apparently taken away in a vehicle over two years ago.

I'm sorry, I was just thinking that cold cases when someone is missing or deceased do have similarities. Certainly a body can offer a lot of clues but bodies aren't always available.

So far the three-part WMCTV series based on the Wysocki campaign has produced at least two errors - footage identified as being from The World's Largest Coon Hunt 2011 (along with breathless, "21 RSOs registered!" info) that turned out to be Holly singing there in 2009, and the shrinking of the stopover - cemetery? somewhere? - from 15 minutes to five minutes. While these have been corrected - without comment afaik in the second instance - these do not bode well.

Yes, the printed story reports a five minute stop near the cemetery then the video reports 15 minutes. I think the video is probably more accurate but no confirmation on that.

Yes, the printed story reports a five minute stop near the cemetery then the video reports 15 minutes. I think the video is probably more accurate but no confirmation on that.
The print story was changed on 03 May after the video broadcast and would thus have, I think, the greater validity. It does not reference where the stopover occurred.

I guess they don't want people traipsing through the trail until they've thoroughly worked it.

I think that is certainly a possible explanation. I doubt that they released it, at least imo, unless they had already done that.

Personally, I think they are preventing a view of it until Sunday, or they are simply teasing the public.

I would feel so much better knowing that this group was sharing information with the blessing of everyone involved n the case because then I could see the purpose of it. Like I posted earlier on, the Bobos are showing that they will data dump info that they are given regarding the case so it has to be worth it to burn a bridge. 'Cause LE wont be sharing anymore.

I would feel better knowing that they didnt burn any bridges although I totally understand why they are so incredibly frustrated. :(

snip-snip

Any idea what these cases might be? I didn't listen to the radio feature. There is no independent reporting that ten cases were solved in six months in the print material with the link.

I searched as well and couldnt find 10 cases being attributed to her. I looked on her website, but it is pretty much devoted to self defense.

I am sure you guys think I am beating a dead horse here, but we have had two years of shoddy, sensationalistic reporting and innuendo. I just really wish that wmtv would lay it out and that Sheila Wysocki would lay it out without waiting for a Mother's Day special. We received the information in this fashion...

I dont think it would hurt anything about this case or this development if it were spelled out. jmvho.

I absolutely agree, very frustrating. What do you all think of the theory that the abductor could be a serial killer. There is a Florida PI who has put together what looks like a fairly compelling theory. If there is the possibility of a seriel killer then would that be a reason for TBI to remain mum?

I am not sure if that guy's blog is okay to link here? It has come up many times before...personally, not one of my theories.

TBI is closed mouthed when it comes to active investigations...it is how they roll. There are some jurisdictions that welcome outside civilian help and some that dont. At least that is my experience fwiw.

Why would they keep it quiet if there was a serial predator on the loose? We need some folks with true LE background to weigh in on this...usually when I encounter this there is someone on the radar and not enough evidence, or there is someone on the radar and they are about to be scooped up so LE doesnt want to telegraph anything.

I think all media is good media in a missing person's case, but when it comes to the kind of stuff this PI team is reporting I would rather know who gave what to who. I honestly find just as many clues in what LE isnt saying as I do when we actually hear something.

I dont know how you solve cases without LE cooperation on some level, so I would love to know that there is some give and take here.

I think there is a serial predator, fwiw, who is responsible for Holly's abduction.

Just to be clear, has LE confirmed that any of this stuff was found or are folks springing off what the PI's said?

I tried to make it clear in my post that LE, as far as I know, hasn't confirmed anything beyond the lunch box and finding some amount of blood.

I think it is important to distinguish who the information is coming from. The Bobos could certainly be providing the ping map info and the police reports.

What of the physical evidence alleged by the team is confirmed by LE?

I am trying to figure out if this is grounded in fact-such as LE did a forensic analysis of the sim card and that information was given to the PI's.

I think it is very important, personally. The PI's would likely need to sign confidentiality agreements to get access to the files for the investigation, which means that they would NOT be on television with this information.

If the information has been provided by the Bobos, I think it is essential to make that clear.

I am very tired of the muddied reporting in this case...this is just how I see it.

I agree with you believe. In my mind, the information from this PI group isn't quite as substantiated as hearing it straight from LE but probably more substantiated than if it was just contained in an article without having come from the PI group. How the PI group is getting their info, I have no idea.

Why wouldn't she know he was home? They were in the house together all night. Holly got up early before Clint to study and Hollys mom closed Clint's bedroom door while he slept. It seems Clint did live at the house despite reports to the contrary. Even if he did not normally stay there, she would have known he was there that morning.

I thought that perhap she may not have know because he was sleeping and she could have assumed he left for work, or wherever he usually is in the morning. When I lived with my sister there were mornings I thought she was at work but she was sleeping in her room but I assumed she left before I woke up or I didn't notice her leave. My reason for asking was because she didnt call out to him for help but I am guessing its because who ever took her likely had a gun.

The print story was changed on 03 May after the video broadcast and would thus have, I think, the greater validity. It does not reference where the stopover occurred.

I was thinking the print story might be more apt to contain typos. I hope the May 12 report is more enlightening.

Right now it seems that's all we have to go on. I'm frustrated over not finding any access to the GPS map. You can catch bits and pieces of it but not a clear picture of the whole map with roads specified, etc. Seems they are intentionally keeping it somewhat secret or unavailable right now. I guess they don't want people traipsing through the trail until they've thoroughly worked it. I was very involved with the initial searches and feel somewhat invested in helping but definitely, our hands are tied until more clues/evidence is released.

BBM:
You can, but it's very difficult and requires extensive current satellite mapping.
That said, there are instances when areas are blurred by LE to respect privacy, or are required by law to do so.

The stop at the cemetery stands out the most to me. What happened during those 15 minutes? After a little more research New Prospect Cemetery appears to lie at the fork of Prospect, Prospect Hill and T J Evans. It is a good 14 miles or more from Holly's and because of the roads a 30 minute drive. There could have been more than 1 guy involved. One could have been driving the vehicle while the other was assaulting/killing Holly on the 30 minute drive to the cemetery. Once there they could have had a place to dispose of her body in those 15 minutes. Then, when they/he circled back did they join the search party? That is a scary thought that he was among them, not once but perhaps many times including the search in which the phone was found.

BBM:
You can, but it's very difficult and requires extensive current satellite mapping.
That said, there are instances when areas are blurred by LE to respect privacy, or are required by law to do so.

Im interested in the route that the cell phone supposedly diagramed via GPS. That map is shown in the video briefly and either from weird angles, close up and then finally at a brief distance but far enough away that you can't really make out the exact route. I've tried to capture a still but not possible to get anything legible or a complete, detailed map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot