GUILTY Hong Kong - Robert Kissel, 59, murdered, wife charged, 2 Nov 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know this is a very old case for everyone. But I am still curious about how it will end because it is the makings of a movie for sure...
London Lawyers Approved for Nancy Kissel's Hong Kong Retrial for Murder

>>>>>>>>snip
In her 2005 trial, Kissel admitted killing her husband Robert Kissel, then the head of Merrill’s distressed assets business in Asia, on Nov. 2, 2003. Prosecutors alleged she first drugged him with a sedative-laced milkshake before bludgeoning him in their bedroom with an eight-pound statuette.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...l-of-kissel-for-hong-kong-merrill-murder.html

I know this is a very old case for everyone. But I am still curious about how it will end because it is the makings of a movie for sure...

>>>>>>>>snip
In her 2005 trial, Kissel admitted killing her husband Robert Kissel, then the head of Merrill’s distressed assets business in Asia, on Nov. 2, 2003. Prosecutors alleged she first drugged him with a sedative-laced milkshake before bludgeoning him in their bedroom with an eight-pound statuette.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...l-of-kissel-for-hong-kong-merrill-murder.html

Song, there is already a movie...it's called "The Two Mr. Kissel's" and it came on Lifetime...or are you talking about a movie that comes AFTER the final ending?
I hope Nancy is again found guilty and pays the consequences. This woman had EVERYTHING most of us average people only dream of, and for her it wasn't enough.
Not for ONE second do I believe he beat her and/or tried to force her to have sex.

ETA: SORRY SONG! Just read all posts and see u know alot more than me!

Song, do u know what Nancy has been doing in the mean time? Wasn't she out on bail?
If so I hope her days of freedom are soon coming to an end.
Anyone know if she was in touch with her kids any lately?
I just loved it how quickly her lover moved on after her arrest. Money sure does talk huh?

>>>>>>>>snip

I'm still interested, Song.

That blows my mind they lived in your building.

Hey, you're "pretty people" too.:)

Hey Song, can I borrow a few? Would only take about 5 g to get me n hubby outta debt....:innocent:

Song, there is already a movie...it's called "The Two Mr. Kissel's" and it came on Lifetime...or are you talking about a movie that comes AFTER the final ending?
I hope Nancy is again found guilty and pays the consequences. This woman had EVERYTHING most of us average people only dream of, and for her it wasn't enough.
Not for ONE second do I believe he beat her and/or tried to force her to have sex.

ETA: SORRY SONG! Just read all posts and see u know alot more than me!

I did not see the made for TV movie. I do know about it.
I'm thinking big screen movie. it has all the elements. Good looking, smart, the big job, the other guy, cheating, a lot of money....murder in another country, losing the children to family member.

I do not believe that Robert would have forced Nancy to have anal sex, as she claimed. She is using lies to get out of jail. But I think anyone would want out of jail in China.
I do believe they both did coke, and that they were both controlling. I have no idea what Nancy has been doing, I did not think that she is out, I believe she was in jail waiting for her new case. I have no idea if she has had her children visit. Her sister in law has the children.

Thank you about the "pretty people" too.
Yes the lady that lives in their old apartment is a lawyer, she knew them too, ( she switched from a small apartment to their old apartment) and she is also pretty shocked that a couple with a charmed life would end up like this...... - and a charmed life they sure did live. Nancy had pictures of them with many of the rich and famous all through the house.

It saddens me when people never have enough. That seems to happen to so many people with a lot of money. Some use it wisely and live graciously and some just go to hell in a hand basket.

It saddens me when people never have enough. That seems to happen to so many people with a lot of money. Some use it wisely and live graciously and some just go to hell in a hand basket.

I TOTALY AGREE. I was so shocked because I so would not have believed that story of them. She could have gone for a divorce if she wanted her new looser BF who abandoned her once she did that, he has a new woman now. Her kids have no parents but live with their aunt in Rode Island.

Hey Song, can I borrow a few? Would only take about 5 g to get me n hubby outta debt....:innocent:
White Rain.
I did not inherit anything. LOL
But If I had their money I would say Sure..... :)

Expat jailed for ‘milkshake murder’ asks judge to dismiss retrial
>>>>>>>>SNIP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
According to Kissel’s lawyer Derek Chan however, Kissel now plans to apply for a permanent stay in proceedings, because she believes the publicity she has received will compromise the fairness of a retrial.

The so-called "milkshake murder" shocked Hong Kong's expatriate community, and was the basis for several books and a TV programme.

A spokesman for Hong Kong's department of justice declined to comment on the case, but said: "Such applications will be dealt with in court and adjudicated by the presiding judge."

It is believed that a Hong Kong court is scheduled to hear arguments on the application for four days starting on November 1.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/ex...ake-murder-asks-judge-to-dismiss-retrial.html

INTERESTING - but the way I knew them she ran the entire show. Yes he was controlling, but she controlled him. She could say the sky was blue and clear on a rainy day and he would say "I see that" ;) Her claim that he abused her is not flying with me. but he is not here to defend himself.

Expatriate, Convicted of Killing Husband in Hong Kong, Asks for Case to Be Dismissed

>>>>>>>>>>>snip

Kissel recently spoke out about her intention to ask for a permanent stay in the proceedings; she claims that the publicity her case has received will negatively affect the fairness of the retrial. A Hong Kong court will hear arguments in November on the application for dismissal of the case.

If the dismissal is granted, Kissel will be a free woman. If it is rejected, however, the retrial will take place in January 2011. Kissel has not applied for bail, as is her right, since the retrial was ordered.

Kissel has also admitted having an affair with an electrician whom she met when he was working at the couple’s Vermont vacation home.
>>>>MORE AT LINK

http://www.legalinfo.com/legal-news...-hong-kong-asks-for-case-to-be-dismissed.html

Amazing: you can kill your husband - end up in jail for only 5 years. have your children be farmed out to relatives and then you come out to 18 million dollars that your DEAD husband Left behind in a will :waitasec:

Coverage Quashed on ‘Milkshake Murder’ Hearings
Hearings are underway on whether to dismiss murder charges against Nancy Kissel, an American expatriate living in Hong Kong who was convicted of killing her husband in what became known as the “milkshake murder.” But those following the case will have a hard time finding out what’s actually happening.

That’s because the Hong Kong High Court has imposed a ban on press coverage of this week’s hearings.

SNIP............
Despite the setback, prosecutors hoped to secure a second murder conviction against Kissel. Her defense lawyers have applied for a stay of proceedings, effectively arguing that the case should be thrown out entirely on the grounds that excessive media attention would preclude the chance of a fair trial for Kissel.

>>>>>>>>>more at link
http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2010/11/01/coverage-quashed-on-‘milkshake-murder’-hearings/

SEEMS TO ME :waitasec: that they do not want any prisons not here in the US or other places paying for room and board, and people get out really quick, or just get a slap on the wrist. and then call that justice. :waitasec:

Arguments end in Hong Kong expat Milkshake Murder case
Foreign 2010-11-03 14:54

>>>>>>>SNIP>>>>>>>
Her retrial is scheduled for January.
http://www.mysinchew.com/node/47542

It smells like she will be freed. (she killed her children's father, they were sent to live with an aunt, and his 18 million dollars were willed to her so she has plenty of money for legal teams.
No matter what country, what case it seem to me that people with money get different treatment,
What is Justice anyway?

'Milkshake murder' retrial in January 2011
A Hong Kong judge has ordered American Nancy Kissel to stand trial again for the murder of her banker husband. Her retrial is expected to begin on Jan 10, with a pretrial hearing on Jan 4.

Kissel, 46, was convicted of giving her husband Robert a drug-laced milkshake then bashing him to death in a Hong Kong flat.

She was sentenced to life in prison in 2005. But Hong Kong's Court of Final Appeal said in February that Kissel's conviction was flawed because the judge allowed hearsay evidence and prosecutors improperly questioned her. Agencies

http://www.todayonline.com/World/Worldinbrief/EDC101120-0000053/Milkshake-murder-retrial-in-January

Arguments end in Hong Kong expat Milkshake Murder case
Foreign 2010-11-03 14:54

>>>>>>>SNIP>>>>>>>
Her retrial is scheduled for January.
http://www.mysinchew.com/node/47542

It smells like she will be freed. (she killed her children's father, they were sent to live with an aunt, and his 18 million dollars were willed to her so she has plenty of money for legal teams.
No matter what country, what case it seem to me that people with money get different treatment,
What is Justice anyway?

I think the real justice comes after we leave this earth for our next area of life.
My momster used to try to tell me dead is dead and nothing else but dead.
I never felt that way tho. Oddly, she finally understood me on her deathbed just hours before leaving earth.
So, I do think that's when everybody's justices come good, bad, neutral.
jmo.

~~~Back to Kissel:angel:

'Milkshake murder' retrial in January 2011
A Hong Kong judge has ordered American Nancy Kissel to stand trial again for the murder of her banker husband. Her retrial is expected to begin on Jan 10, with a pretrial hearing on Jan 4.

Kissel, 46, was convicted of giving her husband Robert a drug-laced milkshake then bashing him to death in a Hong Kong flat.

She was sentenced to life in prison in 2005. But Hong Kong's Court of Final Appeal said in February that Kissel's conviction was flawed because the judge allowed hearsay evidence and prosecutors improperly questioned her. Agencies

http://www.todayonline.com/World/Worldinbrief/EDC101120-0000053/Milkshake-murder-retrial-in-January

Thanks songline. Boy, I do wish we could see that trial!
If you happen to have any Hong Kong links (I may have missed them with my eyes oy. ) I'd appreciate greatly if you would share them.
I've been intrigued by the Kissels for a long time now. Just so odd how the 2 so different brothers ended up.
And you're so right. That "mrs. Kissel" (she doesn't deserve the name or $$,IMO) had the world. Things other women would be so greatful for.
What a shame.
jmo

Thanks songline. Boy, I do wish we could see that trial!
If you happen to have any Hong Kong links (I may have missed them with my eyes oy. ) I'd appreciate greatly if you would share them.
I've been intrigued by the Kissels for a long time now. Just so odd how the 2 so different brothers ended up.
And you're so right. That "mrs. Kissel" (she doesn't deserve the name or $$,IMO) had the world. Things other women would be so greatful for.
What a shame.
jmo

Macrae issued a gag order on media reporting of the trial.
She claimed that the media ran away with assumptions, and misinformation.
She did not have a fair trial and that is why she is getting a re-trail

Lurid reports of the "milkshake murder," with tales of rough sex, marital violence is what I believe she is going to use as her self defense trial. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But I cant believe that Robert was anything like that at all. He adored her, and I could be wrong about him, but I doubt that he had anything like this in his psych. Yes he did have a controlling side but so did she, she also was highly manipulating IMHO.
I did mention they used to live in my building, and their oldest was born here.
SADLY he cant defend himself, but he did mention to people at work that he had this feeling
that he was not safe at home, that should be brought back into this trial too.
Also he left all his money to her ALL of it which is not a sign of a man that was into abusing her.
He knew she was cheating, and he still did not take the money out of her name, but had the hopes to fix his marriage or divorce.
NOP as in the beginning of this case I believed that she wanted the money and a toy boy too.
I still believe that. Sorry but I dont believe her. :(
Unfortunately prisons do not want the expense anymore and they do let people go.
IMHO they are going to enjoy the re-trial because it means more money for them.
But they just may let her come back to the states, and that may create a mess for her kids who are now in the hands of Robers sister. IMO Robert's sister has her hands full. Because if that should happen, she loves those kids and I smell a legal fight coming down in the USA.

Song, thanks so much for all your inside information on this case. Wow!

I remember seeing this case on 48 Hours. I was so fascinated by this case. What are the odds of two brothers in the same family being murdered in two totally unrelated cases? So strange.

IMO money definitely does not bring out the best in people. I think more often than that it brings out the evil side in people. People can get consumed by their own greed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammi Toxic
Back