Hope Sykes arrested 1/20/2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh wow! that's interesting, Tommy has been in more trouble then RC. Or maybe RC has been arrested more, but he's never been charged with anything???

I think Tommy has a good chance of beating the B&E case. Unless LE has more on him than Misty's word, he can say the items were planted. I heard him say on one of the tapes, that for all he knew, one of Misty's boyfriends put the items in his house. He can't deny the previous drug charges. He can't deny the trafficking charges. If a deal was offered for helping with Haleigh's disappearance, he may get off easy.

I had a flashback and had to look up what Ron said on his jail tape interview with Dana Treen:

quoting RC: "I'm going to prison, no 'ifs, ands, or buts,'" said Cummings..."this is a setback in my life".

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/crime/012810-ronald-cummings-jailhouse-interview

A setback? I wouldn't call it a setback. I'd call it a lifetime.
Do you think perhaps he meant "set back", as in a place to set back on your bunk and think for the next 30 years?

Dana Treen should give RC another call now that Ron's had a chance to support his cousin in court.

BTW, did anyone read if TN or AS were there today in support of their niece/granddaughter Hope and to say "hey" to RC?

She pled no contest. No jury, no trial. Judge sentenced her.

The no contest plea was a smart move by her attorney. If she would have plea not guilty she could have received the minimum 25 years. She should kiss her attorney for shaving 10 years off her sentence.

Misty is 18, not 17, and was already 18 when arrested on these charges. If I were her and did not kill Haleigh I would be ringing for the sheriff about now, and wanted to tell the real story and take a new lie detector to back it up. Not sure about Florida but in many states, tampering with evidence and concealing a body could bring less of a sentence than the drug charges. If she waits until after she is sentenced on the drug charges, I think it will be too late for her, assuming, as I said, that she did not kill Haleigh and did not conspire to do so and can pass a lie dectector, finally, to whatever she is ready to say really happened.

As I said before Misty would rather go to prison for drugs than baby killing. That girl is not going to talk!

She might serve more time on drug trafficking than murder....

Wouldn't that be something....

This I could see happening. More time for drugs then for destroying an innocent child. So sad!!! And this is not only in Florida.

:wave:

want some mew & kimster & rileysmom & lalaw & panthera?
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

ETA: okay, I made more for y'all!

This was Hope's 4th drug arrest. This isn't a youthful offender the way I see it. She has had now a total of 5 arrests in just 7 months.

1/20/2010

893.135-1c1 DRUGS-TRAFFIC 4 GRAMS LESS 30 KG OTHER CNTRL SUBST

1/3/2010

893.13-6a DRUGS-POSSESS CNTRL SUB WO PRESCRIPTION

7/29/2009

893.13-1a2 MARIJUANA-POSSESS WITH INTENT TO SELL MFG OR DELIVER
893.147-1 NARCOTIC EQUIP-POSSESS AND OR USE M
812.015-2 LARC PETIT FROM TRANSIT AGENCY 2ND OR SUBSQ OFF
810.08-2b TRESPASSING OCCUPIED STRUCTURE OR CONVEYANCE

6/26/2009

893.13-1a2 MARIJUANA-POSSESS WITH INTENT TO SELL MFG OR DELIVER
893.147-1 NARCOTIC EQUIP-POSSESS AND OR USE

6/10/2009

812.015-2 SHOPLIFTING PETIT FROM MERCHANT 2ND OR SUBSQ OFF M
810.08-2b TRESPASSING OCCUPIED STRUCTURE OR CONVEYANCE

This was a barely 19 year old girl living the life of drugs. I believe the judge got it right.

http://public.pcso.us/jail/history.aspx

I will follow along with you guys. No Nancy for me! Thanks for everybody who is listening.

NG: HSs family breakg down in court and going after t camera

...the only thing that still bothers me about Hopes no contest plea, is the fact that if Hope did understand her plea would lead to a minimum 15 year prison sentence, WHY WOULD SHE PLEA NO CONTEST?

Who would do that? She clearly doesn't feel she deserves the trafficking charge in the first place by how outraged she is in the phone call to mom that she didn't have the pills in the car.

So to recap my thought, if she fully understood the plea, why would anyone in their right mind not delay and wait to see what happened to the others? Would you rush it through court, plead not guilty and get sent to the slammer for hard time?

I certainly wouldn't have pled no contest in this situation, no matter what my lawyer said.

to me it just doesn't make sense she would willingly send herself down the river like that.

:seeya:

Bombshell tonight ~ Message to MC, you're got getting drug court, or youthful offender, you will do hard time ~ 15 yrs. + $250 fine for Hope Sykes (one count) in drug case. Family breaking down then turning angry toward camera in open court. Is HS now set to be the secret weapon against MC in Haleigh's disappearance. Atty: TC knows Haleigh's killer.

NG: TomC atty - TomC can ID H's killer

did i hear that right?

I thought it was a $250,000 fine.....................NG says $100,000! Geeze!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Best Online Jewellery Mar
Back