Horror of Meth: Before & After Photos

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's pure poison. You might as well get up and drink a cup of rat poison everyday. You are slowly killing yourself. It's crazy. They are not getting high there getting poisoned. I have seen some really good looking people get ugly real fast. I don't understand why people do this to themselves but there are hundreds maybe thousands out there, doing it daily. I feel sorry for the children. They have to witness this daily, and are left alone and are either verbally or physically abused or both. The thing that makes this so bad is it homemade. So people may be cutting it with who knows what.

The photo of the burn victim bothers me. If that was a mistake I would expect some legal action as a result.

The photo of the burn victim bothers me. If that was a mistake I would expect some legal action as a result.

I think they get away with it because she was burned during a meth lab explosion, and apparently was still using/making meth at that arrest photo. I also get their point.

But I agree. It's very misleading to show that as a meth head, rather than a consequence of a burn. If they'd rewrite the caption, it would be more appropriate, imho.

Best-
Herding Cats

Doesn't bother me for a second. There are lots of photos of this woman on the internet.
Last I could find is that she was arrested in 2011 for production of meth.

Does anyone have a sense of the appeal of meth? I can only imagine it as taking too much Sudafed and that doesn't seem like a pleasant "high". No doubt I'm entirely wrong, or maybe it's just that I'm strung highly enough that if I think of getting stoned, I want to go down (i.e., relax), not up.

If someone has a recipe for home-cooked valium, please PM me. (Just kidding. I think the wisest statement on the subject is Mysterygirl's: "Anything you have to cook in a kitchen using homemade substitutes will not end well.")

Does anyone have a sense of the appeal of meth? I can only imagine it as taking too much Sudafed and that doesn't seem like a pleasant "high". No doubt I'm entirely wrong, or maybe it's just that I'm strung highly enough that if I think of getting stoned, I want to go down

Meth causes a massive dopamine surge -- euphoria, energy, self confidence, happiness, feelings of "reward", motivation to "do stuff" (like clean the bathroom with a tooth brush or take apart home electronics and try to put them back together). That is part of the problem with it, once they start it they feel so great about themselves, so confident and so motivated they are sure it must be a good thing! Some folks use it for increased sexual stamina and intensity, also so they can have multiple partners in a short amount of time (you may have heard some of those rumors :) ).

No I have never done it. I stick to beer (the judges are too strict around here to risk pot). I recently started dopamine supplements and it does seem to improve motivation and such but no...that isn't the same as doing meth, the house is still messy.

Course it also messes up the neurotransmitters and rumor has it even destroys the dopamine receptors in your brain after a while which is really really bad.

Does anyone have a sense of the appeal of meth? I can only imagine it as taking too much Sudafed and that doesn't seem like a pleasant "high". No doubt I'm entirely wrong, or maybe it's just that I'm strung highly enough that if I think of getting stoned, I want to go down (i.e., relax), not up.

If someone has a recipe for home-cooked valium, please PM me. (Just kidding. I think the wisest statement on the subject is Mysterygirl's: "Anything you have to cook in a kitchen using homemade substitutes will not end well.")

Look at some of these ingredients. It sounds like you find whatever household products you can, mix whatever you find and put it into your body. I don't like feeling like the energy bunny either, I guess it's from being given shots of adrenalin as a child.

Some Common Meth Ingredients
Alcohol -
Gasoline additives/Rubbing Alcohol
Ether (starting fluid)
Benzene
Paint thinner
Freon
Acetone
Chloroform
Camp stove fuel
Anhydrous ammonia
White gasoline
Pheynl-2-Propane
Phenylacetone
Phenylpropanolamine
Rock, table or Epsom salt Red Phosphorous
Toluene (found in brake cleaner)
Red Devil Lye
Drain cleaner
Muraitic acid
Battery acid
Lithium from batteries
Sodium metal
Ephedrine
Cold tablets
Diet aids
Iodine
Bronchodialators
Energy boosters
Iodine crystals

http://www.mappsd.org/Meth Ingredients.htm

Meth causes a massive dopamine surge -- euphoria, energy, self confidence, happiness, feelings of "reward", motivation to "do stuff" (like clean the bathroom with a tooth brush or take apart home electronics and try to put them back together). That is part of the problem with it, once they start it they feel so great about themselves, so confident and so motivated they are sure it must be a good thing! Some folks use it for increased sexual stamina and intensity, also so they can have multiple partners in a short amount of time (you may have heard some of those rumors :) ).

No I have never done it. I stick to beer (the judges are too strict around here to risk pot). I recently started dopamine supplements and it does seem to improve motivation and such but no...that isn't the same as doing meth, the house is still messy.

Course it also messes up the neurotransmitters and rumor has it even destroys the dopamine receptors in your brain after a while which is really really bad.

Thank you, Sonya. I tried a tiny amount of cocaine in the early 80s, only to learn I have a propensity for nose bleeds. It sounds something like coke times ten! (For the record, it never crossed my mind that you were posting from personal experience. Your posts are too coherent.)

I also guess I've gotten a tiny taste when hopped up on coffee and cigarettes. Yes, I got a lot done, but I'm not sure the feeling was physically pleasant.

P.S. to legalmania: yikes, yikes, yikes! There's nothing on that list I would go near except a cold tablet and even there I've found that since quitting smoking, I can recover from a cold more quickly without the meds.

Thanks to both for the responses!

An interesting fact about meth -- pretty much all of the military forces were using it to some extent during WWII (Allies, Nazis, Japanese, etc...). Not saying all WWII vets used it but that the governments gave it to some of the military personnel. Course back then it would be medical grade and not made with drain cleaner and what have you so maybe the effects were a little less horrid.

It was distributed to some soldiers and bomber pilots to keep them awake and focused while on missions; it did lead to some addiction problems after the war.

Nova, I never got it. I'm speedy enough without drugs.

However, my dear friend was a meth addict. Philly was the meth capital back in the day. Bikers and Mafia and all that. Some people just did it recreationally. My friend however was a full blown addict who is now dead. Once she bugged me to do it so she didn't have to shoot it. This is how manipulative addicts get. My retort was "Why would I want to do anything that made me lose my child, loose my teeth and stay up for four days wired?" I had to leave her. Never spoke again. She wound up on the streets of Atlantic City.

Addicts will do anything to change their brain chemistry.

As for the photos and showing kids......honestly you have to keep talking, and talking and talking to them. However, like TLCox said these kids think it won't happen to them. They never do.

Horrible drug. I rather be locked up with ten crack addicts and fifty heroin addicts then one meth addict. They're mean. Wonder why?

BTW, whatever happened to P2P anyone?

While we're at it don't forget that a meth house is not a home.

The nightmare of moving into your dream home and suddenly not being able to breathe correctly and suffering all kinds of ills.

This is a couple that purchased a home here in Bristol, PA. Not exactly rural either.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2010/11/29/meth-lab-nightmare-in-bristol-borough/

There's alot of sites that give advice, clues and how they are trying to change laws regarding homeowners that have unwittingly purchased a meth house.

This reminds me of some photos I saw recently of Russian addicts of the homemade heroin substitute "krokodil."

Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes meth addicts look healthy. I've never heard of that c*ap.

That makes those heroin addicts that got Anthrax look swell. Heck, the addicts that got Parkinsons were better off.

Never have I seen anything like that in my life.

An interesting fact about meth -- pretty much all of the military forces were using it to some extent during WWII (Allies, Nazis, Japanese, etc...). Not saying all WWII vets used it but that the governments gave it to some of the military personnel. Course back then it would be medical grade and not made with drain cleaner and what have you so maybe the effects were a little less horrid.

It was distributed to some soldiers and bomber pilots to keep them awake and focused while on missions; it did lead to some addiction problems after the war.

Sonya, I'm old enough to recall when amphetamines were prescribed like Tic Tacs. "Diet pills" they called them and half the country was hooked in the 1960s.

Scary! That woman with the scabs on her face...WOW.

My hubby had to take a class not to long ago for his company. It was about how to spot employees that may be on meth. It was a huge eye opener for him.

Just so horrible. If it is believed this was just a take off from pot or alcohol, then those same people who are an addict of meth would have succombed to the alcohol or pot if never around meth, imo. Maybe still are. The addiction is within them no matter what the substance is.

The affects this drug has on the body, especially the mind is just terrifying. I can see why so many can't get clean from it.

Methamphetamine is highly addictive and dangerous. The meth epidemic is jst as bad as the crack epidemic.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back