How Did the Side Door Get Opened?/Door Locks/Use of Cinder Block**REVISITED**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not trying to pick a fight, or really even trying to disagree, but can you provide some references to support that?

Just as food for thought, if the "staged scene"scenario is to be considered, isn't it a bit tough to account for both insisting that the doors were locked and not providing any signs of forced entry? Either one would have been relatively simple to incorporate into a "plot".

Sure. Watch the Greta interview. Here's the link: YouTube - Haleigh Cummings' father, Ronald Cummings' Interview by Greta Van Susteren

Looks like that cement block wedges under the screen door. I always thought it was a large cinder block standing up but now I see it fits UNDER the door. Unlikely a stranger just happened to find or bring the right size wedge to fit under the door.

This simply reinforces my thought that the wedge was there the entire time and not placed there on the 9th/10.

Looks like that cement block wedges under the screen door. I always thought it was a large cinder block standing up but now I see it fits UNDER the door. Unlikely a stranger just happened to find or bring the right size wedge to fit under the door.

This simply reinforces my thought that the wedge was there the entire time and not placed there on the 9th/10.
I thought that the block/brick involved with the door that night had been taken by LE to check for trace evidence. Did they later return it, or publish photos?

I thought that the block/brick involved with the door that night had been taken by LE to check for trace evidence. Did they later return it, or publish photos?
It was taken in for evidence and no...they would not have returned it. It is my understanding it was a normal sized cement block and did not wedge underneath the door.

It was taken in for evidence and no...they would not have returned it. It is my understanding it was a normal sized cement block and did not wedge underneath the door.
That's what I had thought.

I must have misunderstood Whisperer's post. It seemed to suggest that there were pictures out which showed the block which was used that night. I was surprised that I had missed that.

That's what I had thought.

I must have misunderstood Whisperer's post. It seemed to suggest that there were pictures out which showed the block which was used that night. I was surprised that I had missed that.
They aren't going to bring back the screendoor either, but it was there for a period of time until they came back for it. (The block was taken early on, IIRC.)

They aren't going to bring back the screendoor either, but it was there for a period of time until they came back for it. (The block was taken early on, IIRC.)
That's what I remember too.

I don't expect those things would be brought back, either. I was wondering if there were some evidence pictures I had missed somehow. Whisperer's post gave me the impression I had.

That's what I remember too.

I don't expect those things would be brought back, either. I was wondering if there were some evidence pictures I had missed somehow. Whisperer's post gave me the impression I had.
I think there was a photo or something on the What Is Misty Hiding thread. IMO, it couldn't or wouldn't be the same block...but I didn't look at it...they were just discussing it.

To my knowledge, LE has not released anything like photos of evidence they gathered.

Even if she hadn't misheard I can easily understand her confusion.

I am very familiar with the word "numerical", but I have never heard that usage of it, or in that context, and I'm quite a bit older than Misty.

If the 911 operator had said, "What's the house number?", or "What's the street number?" I suspect that her answer would have been quite different.

"What's the numerical?" is the sort of insider jargon that sounds completely reasonable to the ears of the user, but makes outsiders stop and think to themselves, "Huh? What?" In the pressure of that situation it's understandable that it gave her pause. I suspect most of us would have reacted the same way.

Imo, it's not her asking "What's numerical?" It's her vocal tone change that is surprising, and suspicious.
She attempting to sound paniced, or frightened but the tone change makes her fear appear phony. jmo
I find it difficult to grasp her being able to change emotions from question to question. iow, her fear, or panic, appears to completely disappear from her voice when she responds to that question. jmo

Can you imagine waking up in the middle of night to find your back door open, screen door blocked (however, I don't think she would have been able to see that unless the door was wide open, yet it closes automatically), going into your bedroom to call your honey, only to find your child missing?
I think the first response would be fear that someone was in the house, or, my children being safe, but not calling honey to report the door ajar.
When she does discover "her" daughter missing, she then starts looking through the house to find her?
I mean, come on, what's up with that?
She had just discovered her door open!

And, if that isn't suspicious enough;

There is no plausible reason for a perp, stranger or someone known to the family, to use that entrance.
The house was dark except for the tv light in the bedroom. The window was curtainless, according to Misty. Problem right there!
Front door hidden from outside view.
Some windows around the house also hidden from street, neighbors, and way further from the bedroom they are all in.
But the perp decides that the best entrance is the one in clear view of the neighbor's house only a few yards away?
The door needing to be pulled, then pushed, while bump locking it? The screen door having to be blocked so it doesn't slam on you, or against the ramp railing?
The door then being forced to open b/c clothes are all over the floor?
Then entering into a dark hallway, being sure not to trip on the clothes, turns on the kitchen light so they can see where they are going, and whatever is on the floor, snatching the child who, imo is sleeping inches away from the guardian. This is her statement to LE, that Haleigh was in the same bed as her. It changes, but that was her original statement.
Then the perp with child in his/her hands, exits the house the same way, now carrying the child while walking over dirty clothes, and probably toys, etc.

Imo, both the scenario, and her sudden emotional change while questioned are suspect.

And if that isn't enough;

Dad marries her 33 days after this happens.
If he wasn't suspicious already, this does it.

But wait;

oh, nevermind.

Post #102, this thread shows PIC.

Man!
When was that pic taken?
When did LE take that into evidence?
Who took that pic?
Does the paver, not cinderblock, look new?
There doesn't appear to be any dirt on it.
Is it even tall enough to be any good, considering where it is positioned?
If it had been placed closer to the house, it might have been more helpful, but this appears to be placed in a position to be only partially helpful, iow, so the it could be used on a regular basis to prop the door open,using not much effort to unprop the door, and cause little damage to the door, not using it as a one time thing.

It causes me to think that it was normal for it to be there, and that it wasn't a staged scene as I had thought previously, but just another, um, lie, or what's the word? Oh yeah, inconsistency, that's it!

:waitasec::confused:

Post #102, this thread shows PIC.
Are you suggesting that this photo was taken prior to Haleigh's abduction?

I've seen the photo before, but the first I saw it was quite some time after the abduction, and it wasn't accompanied with any indications that it had been taken before the crime. It first surfaced when people were trying to get a better idea of exactly what the ramp looked like. My impression was that it had been taken after LE released the premises. I could easily be mistaken.

Do we have any way of determining this?

Man!
When was that pic taken?
When did LE take that into evidence?
Who took that pic?
Does the paver, not cinderblock, look new?
There doesn't appear to be any dirt on it.
Is it even tall enough to be any good, considering where it is positioned?
If it had been placed closer to the house, it might have been more helpful, but this appears to be placed in a position to be only partially helpful, iow, so the it could be used on a regular basis to prop the door open,using not much effort to unprop the door, and cause little damage to the door, not using it as a one time thing.

It causes me to think that it was normal for it to be there, and that it wasn't a staged scene as I had thought previously, but just another, um, lie, or what's the word? Oh yeah, inconsistency, that's it!

:waitasec::confused:
Regardless of when it was taken, the piece on the ramp is not a paver. It is a fragment of concrete block.

There was considerable discussion about just that question when the photo first surfaced, perhaps in an earlier iteration of this thread.

Someone found a copy with sufficient resolution to blow up clearly (no kitties. :)) and there was no doubt about it.

It was in this thread. Post #122

No help here on when the pic was taken, though.

Looks like the long side of a broken cement block to me too.

picture.php

picture.php

If this block was there all the time, LE will know. There will be signs that it has laid on the ramp, there will be signs that the screen door has been repeatedly propped open with scratches or cement traces on that door. Maybe that is why they took it. Misty is the Key, and story about the cinder block. Why did they bring there own cinder block?

Too lazy to post all this again. I wanted to say I see a dark area on the wooden ramp. FL grows mold, black mold under anything that sits outside in one place. It doesn't matter if it's summer or winter any moister will cause this to happen to objects that are outside for longer than a month. So it looks as though some thing sat there just beside the block.

i notice in the second pic near the outside of the railing there is a bucket. let just say what RC has said that the block/brick was never there, wouldn't someone who is trying to enter a home pick something up that was close by rather than searching the property to look for something to prop open the door?

I am just asking being that no one know when this pic was taken, prior to HC missing or after the fact... just something i noticed, figured i would mention it.

everything i post IMO :)

Regardless of when it was taken, the piece on the ramp is not a paver. It is a fragment of concrete block.

There was considerable discussion about just that question when the photo first surfaced, perhaps in an earlier iteration of this thread.

Someone found a copy with sufficient resolution to blow up clearly (no kitties. :)) and there was no doubt about it.

Indeed there has been a lot of discussion on this block and the "bricking of the door". The picture that you all are looking at was taken by a tv crew that came to do a walk-thru of Ronalds home after LE released it to him. Clearly this is not the brick that LE took because, and I could be wrong, but I don't think they would bring it back and throw it on the ramp as to give an example of what they saw...

2nd, please remember this and it is a fact. I will bump the thread if you need me to. The Bards, are the owners of the trailer where Ronald lived. They do, own other residences and it is known that he rents to sex offenders. Way back we did property searches and there is a list on the property he owns and who lives or lived in the properties. Now, I thought it was strange to change all the locks on the doors when Ronald moved in there, but that is exactly what Ronald said, and he was very matter of a fact about it. I thought....why. Well after I found out that there could have possible been a registered offender there, or if I knew that my landlord rented to them I would change my locks too. Satsuma is a small town, I don't think it would be a far cry to guess that Ronald knew who his landlord rented to.

3rd, When did Ronald leave for work that day? What time is AC repairman said to have been there? Misty said she wasn't even inside with him. So if the kids were eating on the porch(front porch) would this AC guy use the back door to check the AC unit? Would he pass by a brick in a pile and use it to prop open the door because the door sticks? Look, of course I am speculating, but there could be ways that brick got on the walkway that day and it COULD be true Ronald or Misty never bricked it. But someone who services this landlords home and maybe other of his rental properties could have felt at home enough to brick it and if Ronald was already gone for work he couldn't double check the lock now could he?

I think there is a lot that happened that night that we don't know about.

The other thing about using this entrance is, you are way more visible. The front has that screened in area. You risk being seen from the road out on that ramp with the door propped open. There is nothing to hid you like the screened in area.

Indeed there has been a lot of discussion on this block and the "bricking of the door". The picture that you all are looking at was taken by a tv crew that came to do a walk-thru of Ronalds home after LE released it to him. Clearly this is not the brick that LE took because, and I could be wrong, but I don't think they would bring it back and throw it on the ramp as to give an example of what they saw...

2nd, please remember this and it is a fact. I will bump the thread if you need me to. The Bards, are the owners of the trailer where Ronald lived. They do, own other residences and it is known that he rents to sex offenders. Way back we did property searches and there is a list on the property he owns and who lives or lived in the properties. Now, I thought it was strange to change all the locks on the doors when Ronald moved in there, but that is exactly what Ronald said, and he was very matter of a fact about it. I thought....why. Well after I found out that there could have possible been a registered offender there, or if I knew that my landlord rented to them I would change my locks too. Satsuma is a small town, I don't think it would be a far cry to guess that Ronald knew who his landlord rented to.

3rd, When did Ronald leave for work that day? What time is AC repairman said to have been there? Misty said she wasn't even inside with him. So if the kids were eating on the porch(front porch) would this AC guy use the back door to check the AC unit? Would he pass by a brick in a pile and use it to prop open the door because the door sticks? Look, of course I am speculating, but there could be ways that brick got on the walkway that day and it COULD be true Ronald or Misty never bricked it. But someone who services this landlords home and maybe other of his rental properties could have felt at home enough to brick it and if Ronald was already gone for work he couldn't double check the lock now could he?

I think there is a lot that happened that night that we don't know about.

Your theory is plausible, it could have been a SO. Now, why is there a second cement slab there? Did LE decide to pick one up in the yard to put on the ramp to prop open the door to inspect the lock on the other door perhaps? So many bricks, so little time to find Haleigh before all the evidence is gone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back