How is This affecting you, your kids and your family?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a 24(g), 19(b) and a 3(g) year old. The 24 year old reads the headlines once in awhile and says her mother should have laid down the law alot sooner in Casey's life. My 19 year old son watch NG when the news got exciting. My three old 3 girl at first said... "That girl is lost... do not lose me Mommy. I would be sad.. my parents would be sad." (We thought it was cute when our daughter called us parents as it is a big word for her.) Then another time she said.. "That girl is my friend." Then recently she asked "Where is the girl, Mommy?" I said ... "She is in heaven and is our little angel who is in heaven.. our angel that reminds us.. to watch carefully over our babies."

My DH is awesome.. I do not talk about it much but he makes comments once in awhile about the case and asks me whats going on... he thinks I am cute being all "investigative." He calls me is "lil investigator." LOL

my dear year continues to pray for Caylee, I told her last night she doesn't need to pray for her anymore she is heaven with Jesus and she said with the innocence of a child, "I'm going to pray for her mommy, I want her to tell the truth."

My one year old obviously has no idea what is going on.
My two year old (almost three) knows that Moomy looks for dead people. If you ask him where Mommy works, that's what he tells you. So whenever he hars the word missing, he assumes the person is dead. So, by his logic, there is a little girl named Caylee that has been dead for a long time since Mommy was looking for her and Mommy only looks for people that have been dead a long time. (He knows way too much about my job.)
My 5 year old has no interest whatsoever, to the point of rolling her eyes and commenting, "Great, another missing kid, just what we need around here."
She also knows about my job, she just thinks it's weird and I should get a normal one.

You actually look for people that have been dead a long time? What kind of job is that, if I may ask?

My boys are all grown, but I have some small grandchildren. I do not discuss it around them. I worry about the little ones, and I pray that they will be safe. I was watching NG almost every night and any other coverage, but last night I told my hubby I was not watching it, and I think he was glad I didn't. He usually took that hour to play games on the computer, and he didn't complain, bless him.

my son is almost 12 years old, he understands things alot more than others his age, he is all for casey being in jail. he thinks people should not harm children in any way and they should recieve the dp for that action. i try to keep thing like this from him but he has ears and his own opinions. i answer his questions to the best of my ability, but sometimes you just have to be truthful

My Daughter tequilla shots is totally addicted to this case. And it is her fault for looking over my shoulder while I was reading Websleuths. I am not addicted and that is my story and I am sticking to it.:crazy::crazy::crazy:

My two boys are 16 and 18. (Daughter is 21, married and a mommy herself) They have asked me questions about the case, we have discussed it numerous times over the last few months. The older boy heard about it at school first, I hadn't really mentioned anything about it. I did notice recently that whenever I would be on here or searching for more information, they would start to argue. When Caylee's remains were found, I sat here and cried. They both came home from work at the same time, found me crying and had a huge fight over something stupid. The next day, I was here again, they had another argument. The light bulb finally went off in my head, they dont like to see mom upset and would do anything to get me off the internet. I now just pop in and out while they are not around. They still ask questions about what is happening, I answer them and we move on. No more arguments. I had a friend tell me it was time to take a huge step back when she asked me what was up and I told her all about the current news of Caylee.

On the other hand, I have been spending more time with my granddaughters who are 2 and 10 months. I look at those precious babies and can't fathom anyone hurting them. I have certainly become even more protective of them and my children since this case has emerged.

All I know is that I am taking a break from all of this the next two days! I am assuming they will be slow news days! Merry Christmas Everyone!

just my DH, he is sick of me on the computer and watching every news cast on this........he says the whole A family is crazy.......and they killed a baby............

just my DH, he is sick of me on the computer and watching every news cast on this........he says the whole A family is crazy.......and they killed a baby............

My son is visiting from grad school. Totally insulted. LOL!!!

My Daughter tequilla shots is totally addicted to this case. And it is her fault for looking over my shoulder while I was reading Websleuths. I am not addicted and that is my story and I am sticking to it.:crazy::crazy::crazy:

not funny mom:furious: you not addicted yeah right

I lost my Daughter when she was 14 years old. She had muscular dystrophy. She died from a grand maul seizure in her sleep. So to see this beautiful child snuffed out because her Mother was jealous of her makes me want to go MAD!! It's beyond my comprehension how someone can be so selfish. Rest in peace sweet Caylee!! You're with the angels now.

You actually look for people that have been dead a long time? What kind of job is that, if I may ask?

I work on finding matches between pre 1990 missing persons and unidentified remains found that could match the missing. I try not to try to find a body of a recently missing person because I don't want to send anyone on a wild goose chase in the middle of an active investigation.

Hi all!
This is my first time to post, although I've been lurking for a long time now..
I, too, seem to have become obsessed with this case, and my heart is absolutely broken over it. I do not have any children of my own, but my love for my nieces and nephew is so vast. I absolutely love Children.

I have had so many sleepless nights thinking about Caylee. Ever since her little body has been found, it has gotten a little worse. Every time I close my eyes, I see her face, then I think of that dark desolate scary place they found her in. I just have a knot in my throat and a sense of loss and sadness. It is so so sad, all of this.

It is time for Justice for Caylee! I know in my heart that Justice will be served, and we can all feel that sense of relief.. as I feel I've been holding my breath since this case has started! :911:

I lost my Daughter when she was 14 years old. She had muscular dystrophy. She died from a grand maul seizure in her sleep. So to see this beautiful child snuffed out because her Mother was jealous of her makes me want to go MAD!! It's beyond my comprehension how someone can be so selfish. Rest in peace sweet Caylee!! You're with the angels now.

I am sorry for your loss.

It's difficult to understand why or how a mother could do that to her own child, but unfortunately it happens far too often.

When my 5 year old granddaughter saw the story on the news with them
searching the Antony's back yard she said "Nana she fell in the swimming pool"

When my 3 year old granddaughter sees a picture of Caylee on the news she asks "Is her dead?"
and when I say yes she says "Is her in heaven with Grandma Jackie"?
and I say yes. (Jackie is my mom).

I watch both of them while my daughter works and they both like to watch
the videos of Caylee and look at her pictures.

They know her name is "Caylee Marie Anthony"
And the both know her mom hurt her.

Oh, gosh, my family has considered me "lost" for quite some time now. It used to be "any news about Caylee?" Now, it's "that's nothing new, you already knew that". They're waiting for the trial, and praying that their mother will resurface in the meantime.

well I dont have family living with me, but my dog is my family and I know he is wishing this case would be over so I spent more time with him again. Everytime he sees me going towards this computer jail he just looks at me like hes saying "there she goes again on that stupid machine"

And little does the dog know I'll probably be sitting here another 6 months or better re: Mark Williams comment tonight that he doesnt think the trial will even start in March- and there doesnt seem to be a day go by where something else is said about this case and we have to discuss. Sure hope theres no divorces over this case- My X almost divorced me over the OJ trial as I had my nose stuck in that day and night- LOL

Our son, his wife and our 4 year old granddaughter live out of state. For the past 6 months I have been calling even more frequently that I normally do and asking to speak to our granddaughter. Every time I call the first things my sons says is "Been watching the coverage on that little girl again aren't you Mom? He totally understands though, and has been calling me just as frequently and then just handing the phone to my darling granddaughter so I can hear her voice. It helps.

DH knows way more about this case than he wants to - but at least he pretends to listen!

Keep doing this Macushla. You're doing great and kudos to your well-raised Son for supporting you.

You've done well raising your own, and you keep on reaching to do well.

I admire that.

Last night, my boyfriend's 7 and 9 year old daughters asked if we could say a christmas prayer for the "little girl murdered by her mother"! I was a bit taken aback. i said, do you mean Caylee? and they both said yes, Caylee. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back