HPV vaccine mandatory for all texas girls

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
julianne said:
There is a statewide immunization registry, which is a database accessible only by immunization providers and the Dept of Health and Dept of Education. All the info is kept and updated on this database, including dosage, date, childs name, date of birth, address, what vaccinations are needed, etc.

Scary, isn't it?
That is not scary to me Julianne.
But that is irrelevant if you can't get in to the public schools anyway.
Here, you have to file your own immunization records at registration. They don't check themselves. Not to say they can't, but why would they check to see of you really had any when you told them you wouldn't?
Like I say, it is irrelevant for you because in your state you cannot attend anyway, so defintiely no one would be checking the database.

Jessiebell said:
I agree I have no problems with the older vaccines that are meant to stop lethal epidemics - I absolutely get my kids vaccinated - but they seem to be making ones now that aren't quite on the same level - and I don't trust the pharmacuetical industry enough in this day and age to keep adding things to the list -

it makes me nervous. Very nervous.

I'm not sure how opting out works here. I know on my kids school paper to opt out of vaccines it has to be based on religious beliefs (they said nothing about philosophical) and you had to sign a paper saying you swear your religion says you cannot vaccinate. So yeah - you'd be opting out of all vaccines - from what I can tell.

I will certainly take a very close look into it now!
here our local chiropractors often opt out beause they don't see the need on a medical level. So, they opt out for medical reasons not religious.

JBean said:
here our local chiropractors often opt out beause they don't see the need on a medical level. So, they opt out for medical reasons not religious.
Why chiropractors?

Jessiebell said:
Why chiropractors?
My friend adjusted his babies from newborn and feels that they do not need immunizations. they have a more holistic health care approach that does not include immunization. I should say some, not all of course.

Ahh I see. Yeah come to think about it they would tend to be more holistic.

Texas again. HPV is passed through sexual contact and not spreadable in the schools and public like measles and mumps. This is ridiculous. Let the kids grow up and then decide if they want this vaccine. I think they are making girls into guinea pigs. I won't get my grand daughter this vaccination until she's older and can decide for herself since hopefully she won't be sleeping around with lots of different promiscuous boys. I'll fill in the immunization record myself if I can figure out how to do it.

txsvicki said:
Texas again. HPV is passed through sexual contact and not spreadable in the schools and public like measles and mumps. This is ridiculous. Let the kids grow up and then decide if they want this vaccine. I think they are making girls into guinea pigs. I won't get my grand daughter this vaccination until she's older and can decide for herself since hopefully she won't be sleeping around with lots of different promiscuous boys. I'll fill in the immunization record myself if I can figure out how to do it.
While I agree that we should have a choice about this vaccine - keep in mind that it doesn't take a whole lot of boys - or promiscuity to get HPV - if you've been with more than two people unprotected (two serious relationships can easily create two unprotected encounters) you've got about an 80% chance of having contracted this virus.

A lot of people are carriers and never know they have it - a lot of women's immune systems fight and beat it before they ever know they have had it etc...

Just so you know. I'm not against your position on your grandaughter :)

What would happen if by some chance the girl already had HPV?

txsvicki- Regarding the vaccine it wouldnt matter if she is promiscuous necessarily. Unfortunately women get raped everyday and wives are cheated on daily. You never know what the future holds. Im not disagreeing with you either all aspects should be considered with this.

trex- I read it will not work if they already have the hpv virus.

Jessiebell said:
While I agree that we should have a choice about this vaccine - keep in mind that it doesn't take a whole lot of boys - or promiscuity to get HPV - if you've been with more than two people unprotected (two serious relationships can easily create two unprotected encounters) you've got about an 80% chance of having contracted this virus.

A lot of people are carriers and never know they have it - a lot of women's immune systems fight and beat it before they ever know they have had it etc...

Just so you know. I'm not against your position on your grandaughter :)

Is this vaccine available to all women or is it just children?

Women get raped, children get molested - it's no more about promiscuity than the tetanus shot is about chosing to step on rusty nails.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geurQFCMRF9DgBvcVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE3bTE2MDY2BGNvbG8DZQRsA1dTMQRwb3MDNARzZWMDc3IEdnRpZANGODU5XzEwOA--/SIG=12l1k221f/EXP=1170561413/**http%3a//www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/std-mts/hpv-vph/hpv-vph-vaccine_e.html

The vaccine has been licensed by the Food and Drug Administration for females 9-26 years of age. The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practice recommends routine vaccination of 11-12 year old females. The vaccination series can be started as young as 9 years of age. Vaccination of females 13-26 years of age is also recommended for those who have not been previously vaccinated or who have not completed the full series (3 doses). Since HPV is a sexually transmitted infection, ideally, the vaccine should be administered to females before they become sexually active. However, the recommendations also indicate that women who are already sexually active can also benefit from the vaccine if they are not already infected with HPV.

What really makes me mad about this vaccine (well, one thing among several that makes me mad) is that a year or so ago (probably longer, now that I think about it), there was a big ol' ad campaign screaming about the danger of cervical cancer, and how important it is to get pap smears since early detection is your only safeguard against this horrible disease*. When they first started airing, I snarkily told my husband to take note, because the vaccine wouldn't be too far behind (because why else would it suddenly be so important for this issue to be front and center?). Lo and behold...here it is.

*I'm not making light of cervical cancer itself. I am, however, tired of how certain issues suddenly become high priority when they reach cash cow status for big business.

Yeah I agree Lisa - it's fishy.

Autumn - Thank You! I know that they are close to offering it to all women - I had thought they already realeased the "okay" for all of us.

Sorry to give bad info!

It will be soon though.

Details said:
Women get raped, children get molested - it's no more about promiscuity than the tetanus shot is about chosing to step on rusty nails.

It is to me when they are giving it to children. Not all eleven year old girls are raped or molested, but they are trying to give it to all of them even though they don't have any idea how long it will protect. When my girl is eleven, she is not likely to get raped or molested unless it's at school or someone breaks into my home because I plan on being very careful of where she goes and who with. However, when she is older she is more likely to have a boyfriend. If the statistics are correct, then most women alive have already been infected and cleared it out of their system whether they were raped or got it from their lovers. They can't justify giving it to that many women so they are experimenting with children before they become sexually active. They don't even have any long term studies or haven't proved that the vaccine itself doesn't cause cancer. They should start out with young women over age 18 who are wanting the vaccine and follow it for at least 10 years before demanding that little girls get this vaccination.

The thing about laws is that they can't say, "All girls, except those unlikely to be raped or molested." or "All girls, except those with very good and careful parents." And... even the most careful parents can't protect a child from everything, no matter how much you do right. Unfortunately, parents who may know their child is being molested will deny it, or neglectful parents who let their kids run wild or place them in dangerous situations will just continue being neglectful by not getting them the vaccine unless it's automatic.

Not to mention the kids themselves - they can make a mistake, even the best can make a mistake - and cancer shouldn't be the punishment for it.

Of course, it's the parent's call - you just say you object, and there we go, your daughter doesn't get the vaccine. And you may be right - I'm not familiar with how much research there has been on this vaccine (although usually the FDA and American drug companies are excessively paranoid rather than overly permissive). People get this virus, don't even know, get over it, then later, it causes the cancer, and they die - a good thing to be able to prevent. It doesn't prevent them all - no such thing as perfection, but sounds like it's got the potential to save a great many lives.

I've got a daughter - unless there's something I find out about this vaccine - she'll definitely be getting it. We'll be keeping her safe, teaching her about waiting to have sex, and everything - but better safe than sorry.

I am sorry... I don't agree with making it mandatory.. do we know for sure the long term effects of this vaccine? cold it cause birth defects or sterility?

Gabby said:
I am sorry... I don't agree with making it mandatory.. do we know for sure the long term effects of this vaccine? cold it cause birth defects or sterility?
No long term effects are known. On post #12 and post #15 are a little more information. #12 is a blog not a news article but it has some information to ponder on and further study on the net.

Lisahas2cats said:
What really makes me mad about this vaccine (well, one thing among several that makes me mad) is that a year or so ago (probably longer, now that I think about it), there was a big ol' ad campaign screaming about the danger of cervical cancer, and how important it is to get pap smears since early detection is your only safeguard against this horrible disease*. When they first started airing, I snarkily told my husband to take note, because the vaccine wouldn't be too far behind (because why else would it suddenly be so important for this issue to be front and center?). Lo and behold...here it is.

*I'm not making light of cervical cancer itself. I am, however, tired of how certain issues suddenly become high priority when they reach cash cow status for big business.

I'm thankful it has become a big issue. Someone very very close to me just died a very painful, long drawn out, painful horrble death due to cervical cancer. If I had a daughter and I could spare her even the slightest chance that she would die that way I'd be grateful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back