Found Deceased Hungary - Sam Clancy, 24, British, Budapest, 28 April 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You were right. Sadly, he is deceased. He was run over by a car the same night when he tried to cross the road. He died immediately on the scene. There isn't an official ID yet but Hungarian police does not investigates his case anymore.

It is really sad.

The articles about the accident (in Hungarian):

http://hvg.hu/itthon/20170502_Halalra_gazoltak_az_eltunt_brit_ferfit_Budapesten

http://24.hu/belfold/2017/04/29/halalos-gazolas-tortent-a-vaci-uton/

I wasn't expecting that. Any idea how nobody (ie the police / hospitals) knew about this? I know it was the holiday weekend, but really...

It happened near the junction of Vaci Road and Revesz Street, looks like a main road, 3 lanes each way, about a mile from last sighting. Wonder if they were staying up there and he got out of the taxi, and....

I wasn't expecting that. Any idea how nobody (ie the police / hospitals) knew about this? I know it was the holiday weekend, but really...

Well, he did not have his ID on him, if I understood correctly. If somebody is deceased on a site of accident, he isn't taken into a hospital anymore. I guess nobody looked for him in the mortuaries. Sad.

Oh no! I was hoping he was just lost. I'm so sorry, fella. :rose:

Thank you, Gottlieb, for all of your insight.

It happened near the junction of Vaci Road and Revesz Street, looks like a main road, 3 lanes each way, about a mile from last sighting. Wonder if they were staying up there and he got out of the taxi, and....

Yes, Váci út is a big road, although not exactly downtown anymore. According to the article he got accidently swept away by a car and the following car run him over. Paramedics could not help him anymore.

I don't link the article confirming these details because of the pictures.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula
Back