WATCHES AND WARNINGS
--------------------
CHANGES WITH THIS ADVISORY:

The Storm Surge Warning has been extended northward to Altamaha
Sound Georgia.

The Hurricane Warning has been extended northward to Ponte Vedra
Beach Florida.

The Storm Surge Watch and Hurricane Watch have been extended
northward to South Santee River South Carolina.

-------------------------------------

Winds have decreased to 145 mph sustained. Pressure has increased to 940 MB. The movement WNW has stopped.
This dang thing has stopped.

Evacuations:

Florida
Mandatory evacuation orders are in place for coastal communities in 10 Florida counties comprising nearly all of the state’s Atlantic coast.
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport announced it would be closing at noon.
Daytona Beach International Airport is set to close at 6 p.m.

South Carolina
South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster on Sunday ordered his state’s entire coastline to evacuate. The order, which was expected to take effect at noon Monday, will affect some 830,000 people.

Georgia
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp ordered evacuations for his state’s coast, also effective as of noon Monday.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/02/east-coast-prepares-for-the-worst-as-hurricane-dorian-advances/

For some reason I can't get the link to post, but there is a video of the US coast guard helicopter, landing in Abaco.

Happening now! Usa Coast Guard Helicopter arriving in Abaco,Bahamas to transport Critical injured ppl to the

1f1fa-1f1f8.svg
as Abaco Clinic is overwhelming crowded with ppl who need assistance and also it’s being used as a shelter to house thousands #HurricaneDorain

[hey, just figured out, if you click on the blue F, at the top of my point, it goes too the link, for some odd reason.]

Last edited:
Reports of roofs blown off shelters, epic storm surge and missing loved ones trickled out Monday from the Bahamas, besieged by stalled Category 4 Hurricane Dorian.

The word devastation was not adequate to describe Dorian’s deep horrific mark on one of the most idyllic places in the Western Hemisphere with reports of bodies in the water in the northern Bahama islands. The U.S. Coast Guard confirmed four helicopters have been deployed to assist in rescues in the Marsh Harbour area.
Hurricane Dorian in Bahamas: Shelters flattened, epic flooding, missing relatives

5 o’clock reporting:
Cat 4
Wind 145
Pressure 940
SPEED ZERO

Zero!? Stoppit already!
Have you ever? It's like watching a train wreck, over and over. My daughter just returned from her honeymoon cruise based in Freeport. She is looking at photographs and so upset. What a monster looks like catastrophic to destroying beauty and lives and this dorian is enjoying it.

The U.S. Coast Guard have landed on Abaco Island in The Bahamas on Monday following a devastating blow from Hurrciane Dorian.

According to Prime Minister Hubert Minnis the U.S. Coast Guard is "already on the ground and rescued a number of individuals "

The announcement came as Minnis announced that five people were killed on Abaco Island from Dorian. Abaco Island was still being impacted by Dorian as of Monday evening.

The Coast Guard said on Monday that it has sent MH-60 Jayhawk helicopters and crews along with health service technicians to the Bahamas. The crews are being staged on Andros Island to be able to have a rapid post-storm response, the Coast Guard said.
U.S. Coast Guard conducting rescue mission in The Bahamas

I've thought about this since I saw that all cruise ships were being sent away from the Bahamas. Why couldn't the cruise ship have taken the people onto the ships who could not afford to fly out to evacuate and take them to other ports to stay during the hurricane? There are so many public areas that the evacuees could have stayed on those ships. I think cruise ships should be used to help evacuate people from islands. The Bahamas have made cruise lines millions and millions of dollars, I think the cruise ships should have volunteered to transport evacuees to Miami.

I don’t recall any hurricane in history ever doing that. Anyone?
Irma was painfully slow & ever changing tracks, but this standing still for TWO DAYS- don’t know what to make of it!

I will say though- if it ain’t movin’- I ain’t movin! Made reservations, but won’t exit until it’s clearly the safe thing to do. 400 miles away endlessly churning will not inspire me to pack the car!
It's the current jet stream, and the high pressure bubbles holding Dorian. A storm always moves into the low pressure area. TWC has this map for Dorian, (not as good as the ones they had during Irma). JMO Dorian has nowhere to go until some low pressure breaks open.

0831_dorian-steering.png

The U.S. Coast Guard have landed on Abaco Island in The Bahamas on Monday following a devastating blow from Hurrciane Dorian.

According to Prime Minister Hubert Minnis the U.S. Coast Guard is "already on the ground and rescued a number of individuals "

The announcement came as Minnis announced that five people were killed on Abaco Island from Dorian. Abaco Island was still being impacted by Dorian as of Monday evening.

The Coast Guard said on Monday that it has sent MH-60 Jayhawk helicopters and crews along with health service technicians to the Bahamas. The crews are being staged on Andros Island to be able to have a rapid post-storm response, the Coast Guard said.
U.S. Coast Guard conducting rescue mission in The Bahamas

Are those palm trees with all the palms blown off? Looks almost like a fire went through - no green left.

jmo

Is it still over the Bahamas?! It's like it is hovering over that place. How exhausting and scary for the people there.

jmo
That's exactly what Dorian is doing. It is stalled. I've experienced this before with a hurricane that stalled for three days over my area...absolutely horrible for those trying to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member