Hurricane Ike and Topical Storm Hanna

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kato do you have your kite too? Seriously, and please swap numbers if you haven't already with someone from here so they can keep us posted!

ike remains a very large tropical cyclone. Hurricane force winds extend outward up to 115 miles...185 km...from the center...and tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 275 miles...445 km.

ike remains a very large tropical cyclone. Hurricane force winds extend outward up to 115 miles...185 km...from the center...and tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 275 miles...445 km.

As always thx for the updates Buzz.

uhaI_2_640x480.gif

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hur...ove&stormNum=8

Everyone that's riding this one out - please be safe, get a lot of supplies and hang on. Looking forward to the rainy weekend here in Dallas.

My prayers to all that are in the path of Ike. I just looked at the link that was posted and WOW - it's HUGE! I live in the Florida Panhandle and we have been having a lot of winds today and we are expected to have rain tonight and tomorrow.

My in-laws live near Port Arthur/Orange (TX) and are not planning to leave. They think because they survived Rita they will be fine. :bang:

Prayers to all of you in the path of Ike. Please be sure to check in and let us know how y'all are doing!!! Stay Safe!!! :blowkiss:

There is a place called Treasure Island in Galveston Co. It is situated between the gulf and the bay. They asked the residents what they expected to find when they come back. A few started tearing up and said they expect to see basically just sticks.

One lady says the sees the signs. The pelicans have flown north, the direction the flags are flying. Water is starting to come up through the ground already.

There is a place called Treasure Island in Galveston Co. It is situated between the gulf and the bay. They asked the residents what they expected to find when they come back. A few started tearing up and said they expect to see basically just sticks.

One lady says the sees the signs. The pelicans have flown north, the direction the flags are flying. Water is starting to come up through the ground already.

Doesn't sound good at all.

Again, good luck Kato. We always know theres a tropical storm/hurricane coming when we don't hear birds or bugs anymore. Some people say it's an old wives tale but I would swear by it.

We are hunkered down here in Fort Bend County (about an hour from Galveston to the northwest.)

We're not in the evacuation zone, we expect to get some strong winds and some rain, but no storm surge (obviously) and since it is predicted to move quickly through the area, the wind intensity will be intense but relatively brief.

The good news about it being such a big storm is that the wind strength might be spread over a broader area and lessened, instead of a more concentrated and deadly smaller core. That's good news overall, if that is true.

The gas stations in our neighborhood ran out of gas around noon. We filled up for the generator earlier in the week, along with other supplies. Today we did outside prep, tomorrow we do the inside stuff.

We appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers and especially for our friends closer to the coast.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89
Back