Hurricane Irma - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending positive thoughts from New Zealand to all in the path of Irma, have been following closely on CNN and on here.

Page Not Found (again...there have been several dead links recently. Are media folk removing them out of consideration for FL people?)

It was there when I checked it out if they are pulling it that is not ok imo

I linked the actual study in video form

has anyone come up with a notion about the video of the ocean being gone

picture a giant box store making a "lost" announcement --

" We have reports of a missing ocean , would the ocean please come to customer service!
your dock is looking for you

WTF

How does ocean go MIA?

Isnt that wild?! My husband just said the hurricane sucked up the water, like a tornado does. Weird, but what else could it be I have no idea.

Unbelievable how many people and vehicles are showing up here!

[video=youtube;X7ld45pUueQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ld45pUueQ[/video]

[video=twitter;906625771250298881]https://twitter.com/GadiNBC/status/906625771250298881[/video]

[FONT=&amp]First flooding we've seen from [/FONT]#Irma[FONT=&amp] in Manatee Bay Marina... just under 2 feet of water & Irma is still +100 miles out.[/FONT]

Dear reporter

The time has come for you to split TIA

Pat Cavlin‏ @pcavlin

#BREAKING[FONT=&quot] - The NHC now forecasts [/FONT]#Irma[FONT=&quot] to remains at Category 1 hurricane status all the way into S [/FONT]#GA[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]#GAwx

DJUAlbEVwAAxPyc.jpg

I just told my hubby about the water being sucked out of the Bahamas and he said they are talking about it now on the news. It is happening now in Tampa Bay, you can almost walk to Davis Island because it is low tide and Irma is taking the water, and we haven't even begun to see it yet. I will get hit about Monday night between 2am and 4am. Like I said before, I am thinking we will survive this, but my community is going to be in bad shape, all of FL will be in bad shape. But for now, one step at a time. Be safe, get though your hit and then rebuild. Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts, hoping for the best for all of my FL family and friends.

Ugh my mom pop and 2 brothers live in South Beach and couldn't evacuate due to their jobs. I'm so worried about them. This is the strongest one they've seen in a while I think the last was Andrew in Homestead IIRC.
Thanks for the thread I'm in Nashville so don't really get many updates.
Praying for everyone[emoji120]

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Is that Hillsbourgh County?

http://www.hcflgov.net/en/newsroom/2017/09/09/shelters-now-open

Shelters are filling quickly; residents are encouraged not to wait if they think they will need to stay in one of these shelters during the storm. They need to be at a shelter by 8:00 tonight.

Wharton High School, 20150 Bruce B. Downs in Tampa, has been added as a pet-friendly shelter.

These shelters are currently OPEN:

Barrington Middle School, 5925 Village Center Drive, Lithia (wheelchair-accessible)

Benito Middle School, 10101 Cross Creek Blvd., Tampa (wheelchair-accessible)

Bevis Elementary School, 5720 Osprey Ridge Drive, Lithia

Bloomingdale High School, 1700 East Bloomingdale Ave., Valrico

Cannella Elementary School, 10707 Nixon Road, Tampa

Carrollwood Elementary School, 3516 McFarland Rd., Tampa (wheelchair-accessible)

Chiles Elementary School, 16541 Tampa Palms Blvd. W, Tampa

Cimino Elementary School, 4329 Culbreath Road, Valrico

Collins Elementary School, 12424 Summerfield Blvd., Riverview

Cork Elementary School, 3501 N. Cork Rd., Plant City

Heritage Elementary School, 18201, East Meadows Road, Tampa

Knights Elementary School, 4815 N. Keene Road, Plant City

Lake Magdalene Elementary School, 2002 Pine Lake Drive, Tampa

Marshall Middle School, 18 South Maryland Ave., Plant City (wheelchair-accessible)

McKitrick Elementary School, 5503 Lutz Lake Fern Road, Lutz

McLane Middle School, 306 N. Knights Ave., Brandon

Mulrennan Middle School, 4215 Durant Road, Tampa (wheelchair-accessible)

Nelson Elementary School, 5413 Durant Road, Tampa

Newsome High School, 16510 Fish Hawk Blvd., Lithia (wheelchair-accessible)

Pride Elementary School, 18271 Kinnan St., Tampa

Riddick Elementary School, 325 West Lake Drive, Wimauma (wheelchair-accessible)

Stowers Elementary School, 13915 Barrington Stowers Drive, Lithia

Tomlin Middle School, 501 N. Woodrow Wilson, Plant City (wheelchair-accessible)

Turkey Creek Middle School, 5005 Turkey Creek Road, Plant City

Wharton High School, 20150 Bruce B. Downs, Tampa (pet-friendly) (wheelchair-accessible)

Wilson Elementary School, 702 English St., Plant City

Special-needs shelters are only for residents with medical issues that require electricity assistance or cognitive issues that would not be supported in a general population shelter.
Residents should bring only essential items including: blankets, sleeping bags, pillows, and air mattresses; clothing and toiletries; prescriptions; special dietary foods and favorite snacks; diapers, bottles, and other baby supplies; important paperwork in a waterproof container. Cards, books, and games can help pass the time, especially for young children.

Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART) is running evacuation routes until 7 p.m. today. Visit Gohart.org for additional information.

Make sure to have a plan. Residents and visitors are encouraged to register for HCFL Alert, Hillsborough County's official public notification system for emergency and urgent alerts. To receive messages by email, phone, and text, go to HCFLGov.net/StaySafe. For more information, call (813) 272-5900.

THANK YOU, Jersey!

Ugh my mom pop and 2 brothers live in South Beach and couldn't evacuate due to their jobs. I'm so worried about them. This is the strongest one they've seen in a while I think the last was Andrew in Homestead IIRC.

Are they on the main drag ? My mom is not not there but her setup is identical to when your on the main drag and look ahead there is the ocean across the street

years ago I loved loved S Beach -- it was right when they got it rocking again before it turned commercial

keep coming here ... I am glued to this thread throughout these storms. There isn't much most of us can do from so far away but offer our support, prayers, and hopes ... but just having this place to share our worries and support has been amazing. WS can be your go-to source for immediate info, always.

:hug:

[video=youtube;aXDKzccIOa0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXDKzccIOa0[/video]

palm beach county lost some tranformers already this is so bad hours away and power is going

I just told my hubby about the water being sucked out of the Bahamas and he said they are talking about it now on the news. It is happening now in Tampa Bay, you can almost walk to Davis Island because it is low tide and Irma is taking the water, and we haven't even begun to see it yet. I will get hit about Monday night between 2am and 4am. Like I said before, I am thinking we will survive this, but my community is going to be in bad shape, all of FL will be in bad shape. But for now, one step at a time. Be safe, get though your hit and then rebuild. Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts, hoping for the best for all of my FL family and friends.

what kind of distances are we talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member