Hurricane Irma - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox News showing what may be a collapsed crane in Miami.

Does her building have multiple stories or one level? Made of concrete, brick?

Most importantly, she needs to stay away from any windows, especially if there weren't boarded up or have hurricane shutters.

Jersey Girl- she is in a mostly concrete building with 3 floors. She is on 3rd floor. Hallways are just screened in and roof blew off building in Charley. (She wasn't there then) I am worried because of that hallway and she's right next to canal. Also, elevators are not working as of this morning and she can not get down those stairs.

Spellbound- thank you as well for your prayers. Yes, my mom is totally alone. There are a few neighbors in their own apartments that stayed. She used to live with my brother until he died six years ago. We tried to get her out with flight(she won't fly) or train. She does not drive. She was afraid of shelter because it's a one story school. It's very frustrating and I wish myself or my sisters could have flown down but by time we thought it would hit west coast we couldn't.

Prayers for everyone.

Anyone out there from Port Charlotte area? My mom refused to evacuate and now I can't reach her by phone. So frustrating. She also was unable to get water(sold out) but reassured me she bought Sprite since it's also clear liquid. (!) Dear God. She is elderly and not in best shape. She wouldn't go to shelter even though she went through Charlie and barely survived. At least my brother was with her then but has since passed away. She said if it's her time so be it. Very upsetting. TIA for any info.

Heartsick for you when I read this. Can't imagine your anxiety about your mom. You and she have all our prayers.

Our parents never want us to 'tell' them what to do. They get up on their high horse right away, as they remind us they changed our diapers, FGS.

Dealing with that attitude when they are not considering all the angles is so frustrating. Yet, they are adults. We love them but we can't make them.

So sorry you're dealing with this. You've done everything you could.

Please keep us posted..

Praying for àll in Irmas path. Be calm, be safe and know many are concerned and thinkingg about all of you.

Gas Station Guy is back:

[video=youtube;ygfzWBHWqrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygfzWBHWqrY[/video]

Balcony guy is up, I think he is in Key Largo:

[video=youtube;mguqotRlO6s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mguqotRlO6s[/video]

So glad you are safe even though your evacuation was a harrowing experience. Sincerely, I want to encourage you that there is "life" after a hurricane. In the short run you will likely be displaced, have to hassle with insurance and contractors, and have a lot of sadness and frustration. Just try to remember that life will get back to a new normal eventually and you will be able to put this behind you. I don't say this in a cavalier way at all, I only mean to give you hope. My best to you and all those whose lives have been altered by the path of this storm.

It stumbled around a bit coming out of Cuba. Currently on a east path than NHC forecast.

http://spaghettimodels.com
2e4a9658768e33ec009cf05542da3f11.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

So glad you are safe even though your evacuation was a harrowing experience. Sincerely, I want to encourage you that there is "life" after a hurricane. In the short run you will likely be displaced, have to hassle with insurance and contractors, and have a lot of sadness and frustration. Just try to remember that life will get back to a new normal eventually and you will be able to put this behind you. I don't say this in a cavalier way at all, I only mean to give you hope. My best to you and all those whose lives have been altered by the path of this storm.

Sorry guys...this was meant to be a response to "her" but I didn't do it right and couldn't edit

Checking in from Ocala.

Still quiet. Completely overcast, light wind. Intermittent rain, 78 degrees.

Slept well ~ had my meltdown on Friday, got that out of the way LOL.

I see no birds out. The Anoles and Geckos are out per usual.

Stay safe, all.

Thanks, just missed (barely) the Key Deer on Big Pine Key.

https://twitter.com/NWSKeyWest/status/906883628612947973

NWS Key West‏Verified account @NWSKeyWest [video=twitter;906883628612947973]https://twitter.com/NWSKeyWest/status/906883628612947973[/video]More

A wind gust of 120 mph was reported by the RAWs observing site at the National Key Deer Refuge on Big Pine Key at 9:38 AM EDT.

"Good morning"

well what a crock that is!

anyone knows it not a good morning !

how is this a good morning ?

HOw could this be a good morning, I ask each of you!

a good morning is when you are awoken by a knock on the door and the PUblishers Clearing House gang with a bunch of balloons and a giant check of one point two million bucks.\\

Another notion of a good morning might be when a cat 3 Irma is on nones mind - and the concern might be , like Shakespeare says "To vacuum or not Oh I thee shall wonder cometh now" . All the carpet is a stage!

how about - "morning"- that might not be true in another time zone - so that would make me not being honest

what about "Hey"

Hey might not be so good either- later that could be used "Hey was that your car I saw flying in that direction?

So I shall Isay I hope everyone is safe !
It is a good morning. Because every person that is able to read our posts today woke up alive, and no doubt they are each grateful. Keep safe.

:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member