Hurricane Irma - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No power yet, got sick last night and upchucked (high-sodium canned veggies do not settle well with my stomach), waiting on the landlord to phone back about removing the boards from our windows. Living room and kitchen are really dark...

I'm glad you're feeling better today!

[emoji202]MOO

Looks like many folks are on their way home. Friends who evacuated here from Pinellas County are going to wait a few days before heading home as to not be in the mire of traffic and shortages etc.

View attachment 123059

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.5580566,-85.7767329,6z/data=!5m1!1e1

Opie, click on this link to see map. When you click on it you should see something that is real time not necessarily the screenshot that I did when I captured it.

When they are on their Android phone if they are using Google navigation they will get real-time updates as far as traffic.

Unfortunately you can't do destination to destination on the internet with computer.. there was a beta about 2 years ago but I cannot find it.

My folks live next to I75 at Valdosta, GA. They say its bumper to bumper. Hope everyone stays patient with the situation...

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Bently, thanks so much. He has made it into GA, where they have been up 65 mph in spots, though not steadily. He may or not may make it to Tampa area tonight.

We had to travel to Birmingham and back yesterday, I had a dr appt there at UAB. Coming home to south AL, we were passed by so many cars with FL tags. Traffic wasn't heavy but steady. Reports say it's heavy today.

I just heard from my uncle in the Panhandle near the coast south of Tallahassee. He said they dodged Irma and their one night evacuation was for naught. I was afraid he'd stay in his home, so I'm glad he got out. He's almost 90 but I'm sure he thinks he's much younger! :)

RBBM

Glad to hear he is okay, and that he has a "young" attitude!

ETA: Also thankful folks are checking in and are okay.

Previous 1:00 pm today/Tuesday post was.....

Looks like many folks are on their way home. Friends who evacuated here from Pinellas County are going to wait a few days before heading home as to not be in the mire of traffic and shortages etc.

View attachment 123059

Evacuation traffic still heavy at 10:15 on Tuesday night. Screen shot solid traffic from Macon Ga, to below St. Petersburg Florida.

Evac9-12-1015pm.JPG

ETA: Cellular service in addition to internet is still a problem with my family communicating with us (they are in Pinellas County, but may be same issue as to why some folks may not have checked in here).

Florida official: Death toll rises to 12 in state

[video=cnn;us/2017/09/11/irma-destruction-florida-keys-orig-trnd-lab.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/12/us/irma-damage-aftermath/index.html[/video]

At least 16 storm-related deaths have already been reported on the US mainland, according to local officials:

• Florida has reported 12 deaths, Alberto C. Moscoso, a spokesman for Florida Division of Emergency Management, said Tuesday evening.
  • Georgia had three deaths. A 62-year-old man who was on his roof was killed in Worth County, which experienced wind gusts of 69 mph. Another man was killed in Sandy Springs when a tree fell on his house. And a woman was killed when a tree struck her vehicle in Cumming.
  • South Carolina had two deaths. A 57-year-old man was struck by a falling tree limb during the storm. State emergency officials said a driver with a Florida license plate also died from the storm, but did not give further details.

Jacksonville, Florida -- the largest city by area in the contiguous United States -- is still trying to recover from record-breaking storm surge and flooding on Monday.
More than 300 people have been rescued in Jacksonville, the governor said Tuesday.
"So many areas that you thought wouldn't flood, flooded," Scott said.

.. with power and internet! Hope everyone is okay. It was bad, but we were extremely lucky, that the storm moved over land and that the tail of the storm was almost non-existent. The surge would have taken lives, I am sure. Lots of "first timers" in town, who did not prepare accordingly or who did not leave their homes for whatever reason.

We still have many flooded homes in the Imperial River area in Bonita Springs. Very sad.

Thank you for this thread and for all the helpful info. I am sorry I was talking like a machine gun during the show. I was just up on speed with Irma..

Very sorry for all the victims on the islands and the keys and everywhere else. What a tragedy.

If you live in Bonita and need help with anything, drop me a line please, if you can.

-Nin

*Bonita Beach is flat and beautiful..no damage

Palm Beach County (population 1.5 million) has spotty patches without power as of tonight. They caught the "dirty" side of the hurricane. No storm surge issues that I've heard of.

I wrote a long post...then I tried to edit...then wrote a short one ...both not posted. Eek. It takes so long on phone. Testing right now.

I am at beginning of thread 2 so way behind. Hr from jacksonville...just got elec today about noon. I am blessed.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.

I am way behind in reading with my excuse is: without elec from 11 57 pm sat until 11 57 am yesterday where grids on either side of me are still without. I have not heard yet what our sustained winds were but she howled outside. Many in our area and all still without. I don't know what kind of damage every where.

My bro lives near Cape Canaveral and across street from ocean. He didn't tell me he was staying during hurricane matthew as I have panic attacks.
they had 107 mph sustained winds and believe it or not had electricity the entire time without any flickering. The eye landed near him. This time he thinks it was 80 to 90 mph but the damage is worse. He is without water and electricity. No indication of when returning 2 work....he works for alarm and security and customers need to have electricity. He has been watching free movies app on phone. He did go to friends house in Palm Bay a1a no electricity so many 4 stops.

It really hit how scary when after periodic texting at one point on Saturday my bro texted: the wrath of irma the bi*** is here. Bye bye.

Kin in Orlando and st Petersburg. ..all okay as far as I know.

I should not have read about hurricane harvey thread on here as I didnt even think we would have this kind of hurricane because of my severe anxiety disorder.

I rarely post as I am shy and reserved. But I wanted to thank you all for the updates and info. Websleuths are the best. I appreciate the true facts and no fowl language. You all are such caring people. I hope and pray by time I get caught up all members have checked in.

We lost power, phone (landline ended up being useless even 30 miles inland), and Internet, but the family is all safe and the property is fine. I've lived in Jax since 1970-71 and have never seen such extensive impact. Tropical storms, Matthew, you name it, have had much more localized impacts and more isolated flooding. With Irma, anything that ever floods HAS flooded, much much more than ever before.

I rarely post as I am shy and reserved. But I wanted to thank you all for the updates and info. Websleuths are the best. I appreciate the true facts and no fowl language. You all are such caring people. I hope and pray by time I get caught up all members have checked in.

OMG Kat, I've been a WS member for twice as many years as you have I have half the posts! Don't ever downplay your voice in these forums based on quantity! We quiet and reserved folks have to stick together! :)

Thank you for your post. We all handle these catastrophes in our ways because we are human! We all benefit from each other because we all DO respond differently in crises. Prayers for everyone impacted by Irma. I've lived in Jax since 1970 and have never seen such area-wide impacts. I thank God it wasn't worse on the west coast and pray for all those impacted.

My folks live next to I75 at Valdosta, GA. They say its bumper to bumper. Hope everyone stays patient with the situation...

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
ha ha .most are fine. Some are real jerks. Sorry you had to use a port a potty at the Welcome Center - that has no power or water. Sorry the vending machines don't work without electricity. Sorry you left an air conditioned hotel after eating and freshly showering and neglected to stop for snacks, ice, and drinks- before you were even told you could come back. People that work there have had no power, water, and sewer for 3 days at their homes, plus trees down, flooding- and great personal losses.

They are not there for you may take your aggression and frustration out on them.

The article did make me way more optimistic about the pinellas park house but the one on vena del Mar I don't hold out much hope for :(

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Just to update both homes I was worried about are in good shape. The one on vena del Mar is in better shape than expected. it didn't flood.♡ the pinellas park one has some limbs down but no flooding or home damage.
My Uncle was at both today.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

(I can't believe boatguy(s) made it! Their videos are worth checking out imo. Can't help but love those guys, moo. CNN, GMA, everyone wants to talk to them.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson
Back