Hurricane Katrina to possibly become a Cat 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow205 said:
rats,snakes,unearthed bodies, and all of that polluted water, throw in the multitude of diseases that could easily develope in the conditions that are going to exist for weeks or longer. This is going to be a nightmare.
With the heat and humidity, it is going to be a nightmare. They will need to pump New Orleans out before they will be able to do an adequate removal of bodies, etc..

Do we have any posters who lived in New Orleans or surrounding area?

Dark Knight said:
I'm guessing this was the wrong hurricane to try and get some surfing in beforehand.
Yep..I have to agree..my friends in the area (those who still have half a brain) have left..there are some real deranged people who won't move, no matter what...what do you do?..mpi

Everyone in that vacinty please stay safe. I will say a prayer for you.

Thank you for reading my post.:D

Magnum PI said:
Yep..I have to agree..my friends in the area (those who still have half a brain) have left..there are some real deranged people who won't move, no matter what...what do you do?..mpi
When evacuating people once, if they refused to go we just ask for the name of their next of kin. That usually got their attention

Marthatex said:
Please Lord, or Higher Power, protect these innocent people from harm, help the storm to slow down, help the levees to hold, help people and animals get to high ground, help the Superdome to hold up, please watch over our fellow Americans, our comrades, our families. Thank you, amen.

group prayer, group prayer....
------------

God be with them.Amen

Beyond Belief said:
the webcam is showing an awful lot of emergency vehicles passing by.

Have you got a link for that cam?

Beyond Belief said:
the webcam is showing an awful lot of emergency vehicles passing by.
They are probably heading to where ever they are going to ride out the storm.

Dark Knight said:
I'm guessing this was the wrong hurricane to try and get some surfing in beforehand.
I must wholehardedly agree....this is no time for hotdoggin' ...I saw a clip of two surfers walking on the "safe" side of the seawall, and both were slammed to the ground, and even broke one of their boards..no time for follin' around, for sure..I talked to a friend in Pensacola who, as you know, has had their hits...he was feelin' sorry for N.O. people and not even thinking about his plight there...I guess we need to get used to this...I see some real need for some of this military hardware we have been spending soo much of our tax dollars on. We need C 130's lined up, an well as striker and humvees and anything that will float.. screw Baghdad...for the moment..mpi

Prayers for everyone in the path of the storm. I hope when tomorrow or later today as it is, this isn't what we expect. Got to wind down for the night.:silenced:

Beyond Belief said:
Prayers for everyone in the path of the storm. I hope when tomorrow or later today as it is, this isn't what we expect. Got to wind down for the night.:silenced:
Good night, or rather good morning BB..............have a good sleep and thank you so much for your info. and help with everyone here, it's appreciated!

Tom'sGirl said:
No, the wind keeps going on land without the water (hurricane) at some point which becomes a tornado I would think.

There are several tornado watches for tonight- expiring at 2am. 1-2 last thru tomorrow.

mysteriew said:
There are several tornado watches for tonight- expiring at 2am. 1-2 last thru tomorrow.
It's just all so pathetic for those in the path of this damn storm. I think I'll shut down for tonight and watch the tube.

G'nite. I am going to locate some webcam sites, so that I can have easy access to check them out tomorrow. Then I will probably head to bed also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsHansford24