Hurricane Sandy updates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
no grill? two cinder blocks with ur oven rack on it, cover the gound with tin foil, burn what ever u have, that first morning coffee is necessary no matter how u get the water hot.

I use my electric coffee maker. Just pour hot (boiling, if possible) water slowly over the grounds. Worked great in June.

Wow..I am watching our NBC affiliate doing interviews with people who live aboard houseboats on the marina in southwest DC. Oh yeah..sometimes it's a little tough for them to sleep in this weather!! :what:

Gov. Christie just said that no attempts at rescue in Atlantic City will be made until 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning because it is too dangerous.

whoa, Governor Christie is very upset that people did not leave the barrier island or Atlantic City.....

Listening to Gov. Christie, I'm getting such flashbacks from Ike. I want to cry. LISTEN when they tell you to evacuate! This is nothing to mess with, and now...UGH. :(

Gov. Christie is not my favorite person, but he is correct in what he's saying. I just don't like him because he froze my NJ pension forever!

Listening to Gov. Christie, I'm getting such flashbacks from Ike. I want to cry. LISTEN when they tell you to evacuate! This is nothing to mess with, and now...UGH. :(

Me luvs Chris Christie! He always tells it like it is. If he says leave, then leave. If you don't heed, we'll get to you when we can.

jmo

(BTW - my SIL who lives in Monmouth Co., NJ does not expect her place of work to make it through the storm :( )

These earthquakes, they worry me a lot. Add to that the storm, and you've got some very concerning occurances right now. I was joking about the Apocolypse before, but now I'm starting to scratch my head...

Jersey's Gov. is furious at the local mayors who told their folks to not leave...and who directed folks in AC to a shelter that is one block from the shore, and already flooded. I think, if that's the truth (and I don't see why it wouldn't be), Gov. has a very, very good reason to be utterly furious. He knows folks will lose their lives, and he knows he can't send folks in to rescue...so he is understandably distraught and furious that his admonition was not simply ignored, but countermanded.

I would be furious, too. And I hope they all make it through the night, and that rescue can begin at first light tomorrow; and that all the folks who need rescue are, indeed rescued.

In any event, my prayers, thoughts, love, and hugs are sent to each and every one of you in Sandy's path. At the top of the hour (3 pm my time), I will say a prayer for all in the path of the storm. Feel free to take a few minutes with me and ask God for His protection during this most horrific time...and God Bless everyone.

Best-
Herding Cats

mayor of NYC...

significant impacts; worst about to hit
been in contact with president
if in home, stay there
conditions outside dangerous
10X call on 911 for queens for downed trees/flooding - use 311
prospect park/jogger hit by branch/hospitalized/to be okay
stay away from parks, beaches, stay inside and away from windows
use 911 for only true
47,000 without power - queens, stanton
may be shutting down power in lower manhattan for safety
some lower level flooding
fdr is closed
bridges closing after 7 pm (the higher ones)
crane on w 57 st/dangling/ evacuated buildings around crane in case it falls
expect more flooding
sandy moving 30 mph now
NYC still in danger zone due to high winds - gust 70-80 mph
coastal storm/battery/rockaway/long island sound
stay inside!! - do not use elevators/stay away from windows

things better now somewhat because not coming on land during high tide.
one woman had a heart attack during evacuation of AC yesterday, she died.

These earthquakes, they worry me a lot. Add to that the storm, and you've got some very concerning occurances right now. I was joking about the Apocolypse before, but now I'm starting to scratch my head...

Jersey's Gov. is furious at the local mayors who told their folks to not leave...and who directed folks in AC to a shelter that is one block from the shore, and already flooded. I think, if that's the truth (and I don't see why it wouldn't be), Gov. has a very, very good reason to be utterly furious. He knows folks will lose their lives, and he knows he can't send folks in to rescue...so he is understandably distraught and furious that his admonition was not simply ignored, but countermanded.

I would be furious, too. And I hope they all make it through the night, and that rescue can begin at first light tomorrow; and that all the folks who need rescue are, indeed rescued.

In any event, my prayers, thoughts, love, and hugs are sent to each and every one of you in Sandy's path. At the top of the hour (3 pm my time), I will say a prayer for all in the path of the storm. Feel free to take a few minutes with me and ask God for His protection during this most horrific time...and God Bless everyone.

Best-
Herding Cats

Been worried about your mother and Willen in northern PA. How is she doing? Does she have neighbors she can be with riding it out?

Anyone heard from Willen? She was so frightened. ??

Ok the earthquake reports are creeping me out. We haven't been fooling mother nature, we have been hurting her, with all our pollution and fracking and deforesting... She ain't happy. :(

Not trying to be political... just a treehugger bemoaning what we do to our planet.

Hanging in still here in Mass. Now just on pins and needles as DH makes his drive home. :please:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
USE
Back