Hurricane Sandy updates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My youngest daughter and her husband bought a new townhome on Madison in Old Town Alexandria. They are just blocks from the Potomac. No work for either of them in D.C. today, so they are with his Mother in Springfield because she is sick.

It is supposed to be cold, rainy, and windy. Nothing too bad projected for now at least! Thank God!

Take care!

My daughter and I went shopping in June in Old Town Alexandria. I was just wondering how things are doing, flood-wise there. So many of those streets/shops, homes are close to the Potomac.

My daugher lives in Aldie, a few miles from Dulles Airport. They just built a new home there a year ago and it is not in a low-lying area, but when I was visiting there this past summer, a summer thunderstorm popped up and my SIN had to die down a couple of trees he had planted as they were almost being uprooted. My daughter is also sick and is home but her company is closed today anyway. In Roanoke, we are expecting the worst winds probably this evening. We lost power for 8 days in the derecho. This is scary. Spoke to my daughter and granddaughter (age 4) on phone this morning. She said her MIL's landline quit working. Her inlaws live about 10 miles from Dulles Airport.

Stay in touch everyone. We will get through this together.

Sending positive thoughts to everyone in the storm's path -- please stay safe and keep us updated, if you can. The pictures I am seeing of the beaches already are horrible :(

Ash Wed Storm 1962 pic

aw2a.jpg

http://www.gresham-photography.com/book.html

more here

http://www.google.com/search?q=ash+...BGuTcigKmh4H4DQ&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=845

14 rescued, 2 missing from tall ship off NC

PORTSMOUTH, Va. — The Coast Guard rescued 14 members of a crew forced to abandon the tall ship HMS Bounty caught in Hurricane Sandy off the North Carolina Outer Banks and continued the search Monday for two other crew members.

Coast Guard Petty Officer 1st Class Brandyn Hill said the crew members were rescued by two Coast Guard helicopters around 6:30 a.m. Monday. The survivors were being taken to Air Station Elizabeth City on the North Carolina coast. He had no immediate word on their conditions...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20121029/US.Superstorm.Ship/?cid=hero_media

All good old Webslueths. I always come back. I am so frustrated trying to follow concise, informative conversations regarding the storm. Unfortunately, most news forums are filled with trolls, and political garbage. Then I thought to come here. So glad I did. :tyou:

My thoughts and prayers go out to all that are in the path of hurricane Sandy. :please:

Weather channel said winds could have a powerful effect as far away as Chicago and possibly even New Orleans. Wow.

I'm in north-suburban Detroit where we had high winds with intermittent showers overnight that will continue for the next few days. I kinda wish that DH had taken down the windchimes because they are sounding cacaphonous instead of melodic.

Fellow 'sleuthers who are in the path of Sandy, please be safe and well as you ride out the storm. :please:

SugarQueen, I was in touch with your daughter just a little bit ago. We've traded information, and she is prepared to go help Mom if the need arises.

God bless you and your daughter a million billion times. I was in tears when I spoke with your daughter, tears of relief and thanksgiving that my Mom has a backup should it become necessary.

I have to say, WS'ers just ROCK the house. Some people say that the internet takes away from us; I think it contributes. In situations like this, being able to call on a network of folks, and know that if something happens, Mom will be cared for until I can get there...well, it makes me easier in my mind.

Thank you, SugarQueen, and DD...you've made me feel better...and I know that Mom will be all right.

God bless you both a million billion times.

Best-
Herding Cats

The wind here (MD suburb of DC) has definitely picked up a bit within the last 20 minutes. Lots of rain and pretty chilly.

Our main goal is to get the dang dog to poo before the storm really hits--she hates the rain and is so stubborn about going out, but she hasn't gone since yesterday afternoon.

http://www.breitbartsucks.com/Big-G... because of-Those-Impacted-By-Hurricane-Sandy

Romney uses campaign bus to collect relief supplies for those effected by Sandy.

Considering that this is the most Democratic and liberal part of the country, I think we here are all very aware that Romney is also calling for privatizing FEMA. So, please folks, lets not bring politics into this as it infuriates a lot of us right now and I for one was happier before I clicked on politically motivated posts.

Considering that this is the most Democratic and liberal part of the country, I think we here are all very aware that Romney is also calling for privatizing FEMA. So, please folks, lets not bring politics into this as it infuriates a lot of us right now and I for one was happier before I clicked on politically motivated posts.

My apologies.

Weather channel's Jim Cantore with expert "catastrohic damage".... "storm of a lifetime."

Storm surge on Great Lakes also.

Stay in stay safe.....New Yorkers stay off the elevators in case of power outage!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back