Hurricane Sandy updates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Would you be so kind to throw up a prayer or positive vibe for my girlfriend and hubby who moved to Ocean City, NJ under bad circumstances from their long dreamed of mountain house just two months ago?

TIA

At least their safely back home up here for now.

Useless information Queen here.

My sibling is a mail carrier. They just called off the street.

Two bars open on that mail route.

Philly's Phinest and Fire & Rescue been zooming by.

Drug dealers out as always while the zombie like addicts look a lil frenzied as they go back and forth.:what::what::what:

hey Filly...some of my neighbors put the trash out today. On the curb, not out the window. Guess they dont watch tv. No one put up thier trash cans, patio furniture, grills, etc. Anything comes in my window is MINE. Might be able to grill in the garage later.

Hope your friend makes out ok, stay safe all.

The wind here (MD suburb of DC) has definitely picked up a bit within the last 20 minutes. Lots of rain and pretty chilly.

Our main goal is to get the dang dog to poo before the storm really hits--she hates the rain and is so stubborn about going out, but she hasn't gone since yesterday afternoon.

LOL....that is about the last time mine took care of there dooties, hate the rain

The wind here (MD suburb of DC) has definitely picked up a bit within the last 20 minutes. Lots of rain and pretty chilly.

Our main goal is to get the dang dog to poo before the storm really hits--she hates the rain and is so stubborn about going out, but she hasn't gone since yesterday afternoon.

It's getting scary here in NJ now. I went out real quick, just to get an idea of whats really going on and almost got blown away. I'm a petite woman but still, very very scary. My poor cat is absolutely freaking out. She is clawing at the windows and frantically meowing. I assume she knows all too well whats going on. When Irene hit, she wouldn't let go of me for about 7 hours - I had the claw/scratch marks to prove it lol.

My family down the shore is still there, they won't leave. My cousins business is under water. I have a feeling he will not be recovering from this damage and the storm has not even really even landed yet. However, my good friend in Seaside Heights did decide to leave mid morning as she has two children between the ages of 2 and 4. I wish she would have decided this important decision earlier but better late than get injured or die in Sandy. No electricity here where I am in Hunterdon county. Thankfully we have a huge generator, but we're low on oil (shoulda got that refilled) so eventually we're gonna be SOL as Amerigas won't be coming out during these conditions. Now, what I am concerned about is the woods right near my bedroom window, these trees are not lookin' too sturdy out there. Everyone please stay safe! Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Been talking to niece near cherry hil nj, just some lite rain and wind, nothing scary yet.

Weather Underground ‏@wunderground
Many areas in the Northeast are heading into low tide. The next high tide cycle will be very concerning.
Sandy's wind field said to be 1,015 miles. Bermuda to Massachusetts and beyond.

I just talked to my friend in Lake Hoptacong NJ- "wicked" (her word) wind but no rain. She also said that no one is allowed out on their roads - if you're out they will ticket and/or arrest you.

I just talked to my friend in Lake Hoptacong NJ- "wicked" (her word) wind but no rain. She also said that no one is allowed out on their roads - if you're out they will ticket and/or arrest you.

Your friend is about 25-30 minutes from me. The word she picked "wicked" is a pretty good way to explain whats going on right now lol. Hoping she stays safe. I have friends in that area too, they are ALREADY drunk , guess it's 5:00 somewhere lol.

October 29, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Warnings issued, flights canceled in Metro Detroit ahead of Hurricane Sandy

By Tom Greenwood
The Detroit News

The outer fringe of the Hurricane Sandy system is beginning to assault Michigan, bringing with it rain, high winds, canceled airline flights and gale conditions on the Great Lakes.

For Metro Detroit, the first effect will be the winds, according to National Weather Service meteorologist Sandy Schultz.

"We have a high winds advisory for most of southeast Michigan," Schultz said. "Strong north winds will start to pick up this afternoon with wind speeds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 30 to 40 mph. In Huron, Sanilac and St. Clair counties, we're forecasting winds of 40 to 50 mph with gusts of 55 to 65 mph developing this afternoon through Tuesday morning."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121029/METRO/210290378#ixzz2Ahxhq8KG

This picture breaks my heart. - Ocean City, NJ

541074_10151289446118352_926276448_n.png

Just woke from a powernap. DH and DD have driven to the marina downriver where we moved our boat. I think he's adding extra chafe protection to the docklines.

I'm dumbfounded at the effects of this storm, and it hasn't even reached landfall yet. I pray that those in flooded areas get out now, because once the wind hits with more rain, it will be even more dangerous to be out/about.

ETA: We live in a flood zone alongside the Potomac River, but it remains to be seen whether or not we'll actually flood. If so, high ground is just 1/2 mile straight back for us. Not big deal compared to so many others. :(

[video=youtube;HeoFc_rPZYg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeoFc_rPZYg[/video]

shores getting swallowed up.

Its still okay to go out in Cherry Hill NJ area, my niece is headed to cvs.

Belimom are u hearing anything abt newport news? we aren't hearing froma niece there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back