Hurricane Sandy updates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
hey Filly...some of my neighbors put the trash out today. On the curb, not out the window. Guess they dont watch tv. No one put up thier trash cans, patio furniture, grills, etc. Anything comes in my window is MINE. Might be able to grill in the garage later.

Hope your friend makes out ok, stay safe all.

Thank you, Snacks. It means alot.

Ohhhhhhhhh I hear ya. Trash out, lawn furniture, pools, sandboxes (frog), Mums, tents. Nobody worrying about it.

Stay safe.

Its still okay to go out in Cherry Hill NJ area, my niece is headed to cvs.

CVS equals lifesaver. I was just there, but on this side of the bridge, BB.

Wawa in Avalon got flooded though. Oh the horrors.:what:

Falling trees because of wet ground and wind is going to be the biggest problems for the next few days.

Belimom are u hearing anything abt newport news? we aren't hearing froma niece there.

I haven't heard anything but then again I'm just getting info from the internet. I wish I knew more for you - if I hear anything, I'll post. (((hugs)))

I haven't heard anything but then again I'm just getting info from the internet. I wish I knew more for you - if I hear anything, I'll post. (((hugs)))

This is from WAVY - a Newport News news site --- not to scare you, but I'm sure any lowlying areas there are flooded. I'm sure your niece has taken safety precautions.

Hurricane_Sandy__Ali_Lucia_reports_from__193800001_20121029110611_640_480.JPG

http://media2.wavy.com//photo/2012/...ts_from__193800001_20121029110611_640_480.JPG

more jobs are going to be lost, but with all the clean up work, theresgoing to be more work for the professionals who handle these kind of diasters.

How about Virginia Beach? Chesapeake, Virginia, Woodbridge?

Going to check.

As kids does anyone remember the pictures or the storm itself from 1962? I remember pictures in estabishments in Avalon that horrified me.

Also ya learn things. I had no clue that Cape May used to have a wooden boardwalk at one time.

Wildwood is getting whammied. Bad.

Considering that this is the most Democratic and liberal part of the country, I think we here are all very aware that Romney is also calling for privatizing FEMA. So, please folks, lets not bring politics into this as it infuriates a lot of us right now and I for one was happier before I clicked on politically motivated posts.

I am sure the original poster meant absolutely NO OFFENSE by their post. It is hard to imagine that ANYONE, democrat, republican or other would have any problem with the kindness of someone who chooses to make an effort to provide comfort or aide to those who might need help at this time. The only thing POLITICAL about such a thing is created by those who would object to a generous offering of aide because of WHO it comes from. I sincerely believe that those receiving food, water, blankets or baby items will truly appreciate it without refusing to accept it because of who is providing that aide.

jmo

Sharing from the Philly front.

Folks in Manyunk appear to be unfazed. So Far.

DD lives close to the Delaware in trendy Fishtown. "Oh we're fine, Ma we're survivalists. Have you learned how to dig your latrine?" Ummmm, no, but uhhhhhhhh I could use some Saltines, sister.

Yesterday Ma said this is all Government related. "They caused it. You know about them planes that leave the trails". This morning it was "Oh please it's some wind and rain." Just now? "We're having a d*mn Tsunami and they ain't fooling me".

Can I come stay at someone's house? Preferably if you have a bar!!!!!!!!!!

Search called off for missing Connecticut kayaker as Hurricane Sandy nears

Rescuers plucked one kayaker out of the roiling waters of Long Island Sound, but another remained missing and rescue workers were forced to call off the search as Hurricane Sandy bore down on the East Coast.

The kayakers, who were not wearing life jackets, took their ill-advised outing Sunday night, and the search and rescue operation diverted Connecticut emergency crews just as they braced for what could be a 100-year storm.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2012...ising-waters-long-island-sound/#ixzz2Ai9eVvXH

CNN was just reporting live from Alexandria and it didn't look too bad.. YET

I'm reporting from Alexandria, too... :crazy:... and you're right - it's not that bad. I hope it stays this way. But I'm afraid the wind tonight will bring down those soaking wet trees weighted as well with with wet leaves. Thus, power outages...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back