Hurricane Sandy updates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My partner is INSANE. She just got back from a "quick run to the store" and has now gone back out again to get white wine for the seafood stew she is making.

Sigh.....at least our state police are not ticketing people yet for being out on the roads.

Search called off for missing Connecticut kayaker as Hurricane Sandy nears

Rescuers plucked one kayaker out of the roiling waters of Long Island Sound, but another remained missing and rescue workers were forced to call off the search as Hurricane Sandy bore down on the East Coast.

The kayakers, who were not wearing life jackets, took their ill-advised outing Sunday night, and the search and rescue operation diverted Connecticut emergency crews just as they braced for what could be a 100-year storm.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2012...ising-waters-long-island-sound/#ixzz2Ai9eVvXH

There is casualty #1, so sad :(

I heard people talking that it could affect Chicago/Lake Michigan. Anyone have any info on this? My husband is in Chicago right now for work.

There's already water coming over the sea walls, trees down, flooding, etc along the Mass coast, and the damn storm hasn't even reached NJ yet... :eek: I can't believe it's doing all this damage from so freakin far away...

Rain and wind have picked up a LOT here in central Mass. Still have power (knock on wood),nothing down in the area. Worried about DH, he can't leave work until he is relieved at 6pm, which is prolly when the stronger part of its gonna start coming through... :(

they are reporting things should start going downhill at 3 this afternoon until abt 3 a.m.

I saw a picture at another link (I think in The Jury Room) of high winds/rain/waves, with a man leisurely jogging through it all.

I think sometimes it's okay to skip the daily workout.

I was worried about the wild ponies on Chincoteague. Seems like the volunteer FD is keeping an eye on them:

This was posted yesterday on the website of the Chincoteague Volunteer Fire Company:

Hello, Just wanted to update to let you all know that the gates on the beach were opened this morning. By natural instinct the ponies know to seek higher ground. We will monitor the situation closely as stated before and when the storm passes we will have our crew go back to the beach to check on everything. As far as Chincoteague is concerned, we are now experiencing some wind gust and the high tide of this morning came over main street at the farthest south portion of the island. There is another high tide this evening around 7 p.m. We expect to see the worst of the storm over night and into tomorrow and continue through the day. Again, we will continue to update as much as we can and again we ask that you do not post any questions at this time. Thank you for your concern and continued prayers.

We will continue to post any information that comes to us.

http://wildponytales.info/archives/date/2012/10

I forgot about the 2 missing crew members from the Bounty... so i guess casualties are up to 3 and the storm hasn't officially hit yet :(

OT: Note to self... get a HAM radio license. Or get an SSB radio. That way, I can still talk to family when the power/internet/phones go out.

Hmm... Not a bad idea - we could connect/sleuth over the radio. :D

I was worried about the wild ponies on Chincoteague. Seems like the volunteer FD is keeping an eye on them:

thank goodness! Thank you so much for posting, i had been searching for info on them on facebook and hadn't come up with anything

Everybody needs to make sure they have something on the inside of the house they use to block a broken window if it happens.
One years I blocked every window that didn't have shutters with box springs and mattresses, of course that was Andrew and he didn't even get here. If it had we would have been dead.

CNN saying that Sandy is taking a new trek, more north west instead of NE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back