Hurricane Sandy updates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AccuWeather.com ‏@breakingweather
#Sandy RT @accu_henry: Pressure at 940 mb and winds 90 mph. The tsunami of water is heading into New Jersey.

Its moving at 25 mph. time is limited to complete whatever you're going to do. its time to get in and stay there

As kids does anyone remember the pictures or the storm itself from 1962? I remember pictures in estabishments in Avalon that horrified me.

Also ya learn things. I had no clue that Cape May used to have a wooden boardwalk at one time.

Wildwood is getting whammied. Bad.

I was too young... But about ten or twenty years ago I was in a rental house on LBI with a hurricane approaching. We were worried, and we spoke to the next door neighbors (elderly, who lived thee year round). They were so sweet, took us in, and brought out scrapbooks and photo albums from the storm in 1962. I remember thinking how bad it must have been, the bay met the sea, and so much must have been washed away... It the house we were sitting in made it through, and those two seniors kept us teens from thinking the world was ending...
It was pretty amazing, and the damage was from the storm surge, even though from what I remember the winds were quite a bit higher than Sandy. I hear that the water is already almost as bad as it was back then.

Its moving at 25 mph. time is limited to complete whatever you're going to do. its time to get in and stay there

We still need to move DH's soft-top Jeep Wrangler to a parking garage at the Metro (we don't have a cover). But he's on conference call #1 of three back-to-back conference calls for work...... so it will have to wait until he's finished. :banghead:

The menz and their werk drivin me nuts!!! :what: Women much more sensible, realize that no matter how much work we put in at the office, you won't get a raise or promotion if you dead... :eek:hoh:

This is going to be horrible. I am just thankful the winds arent' stronger than they are. And I still don't get it if there will tornado activity n the area that is getting hit with hurricane winds.

Gonna make a run to the store for extra smokes, lol... Don't want to be caught without any if the power outages last longer than I hope they will... :crazy:

Gonna make a run to the store for extra smokes, lol... Don't want to be caught without any if the power outages last longer than I hope they will... :crazy:

:trout:

(j/k)

Weather Underground ‏@wunderground
RT @TWCMikeBettes: NWS Detroit : Wave heights on Lake Huron could reach 38 feet.

Im back and safe. I figure that the small risk of going now more than offsets the temper I'd be in if I ran out of smokes while stuck at home for days with four kids and no power :innocent:

partial crane collapse in NYC per CNN
on West 57th

And standing outside smoking just now, wind blew me sideways in a big gust!

Women much more sensible, realize that no matter how much work we put in at the office, you won't get a raise or promotion if you dead... :eek:hoh:

So true. My job (LE) means that I don't have a choice. I have to stay and work. That said, even if I did have a choice, I'd stay and work anyway.

As far as your other post is concerned, definitely load up on the smokes. I quit smoking this past May, so I'm over it. But during Hurricane Ike I somehow thought that 3 packs would be enough to get me through the aftermath. It wasn't.

:furious: <---- This was me!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back