Hurricane Sandy updates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've seen lightning without thunder heard. Not necessarily your blue lightning though.

Haven't seen lightning during snowstorm either.

Four horsemen of the Apocalypse? Probably not; they can't be bovvered.

Probably transformers popping.

And meanwhile, in Seacaucus:

Not too many years ago we had thunder snow here in Kansas. It was freaky.

Definitely transformers. They are blowing everywhere. It's amazing anyone still has power but knock on wood it stays on!

Seriously? I believe you, but that high up in the sky? I do hear the fire engines.

O.K. calmed down. I thought the Myan Calendar and The Hoppi prophecy was coming to fruition. Really.

I wonder how many peoples names are going to show up on a missing list after this is over.

AccuWeather.com ‏@breakingweather
RT @nytjim: Bloomberg: NYU Hospital backup power failed

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
Mayor Bloomberg: Storm surge likely higher than forecasted.

Also, some doubt is now being cast upon preliminary reports of water on NYSE trading floor:

Boing Boing ‏@BoingBoing
Hoax. False alarm. “@twc_hurricane: New reports show that the NY Stock Exchange does not have 3 ft. of water on trading floor.

large number of fires due to downed wires
do not call 911 unless dire emergency/life threatening - call 311 instead
cars stuck on road/keep roads clear/do not drive/taxi-limo to be off road
stay where ever you are!! Stay off roads!!
this is not a game/the surge is higher than expected
rain has passed/winds such start dropping/storm surge should be over in a couple hours
we need to be able to get to people that need help
per mayor of NYC

I get off of work in a little under two hours. I have to drive home in this. Please keep me in your thoughts, I am terrifed of driving in this weather....

Native Kansan here. I remember. Was jealous I wasn't there, hearing and seeing it.

I've never seen it snow so hard here during that storm. (nice to see a fellow--even if former--Kansan :) )

I get off of work in a little under two hours. I have to drive home in this. Please keep me in your thoughts, I am terrifed of driving in this weather....

Yikes, stay where you are....news is telling everyone to stay inside and stay where you are, its not safe out there.

will someone be expecting you? I mean will someone know when u arrive safely.

Just checking in to offer my continued prayers to all those effected by the storm. Watching CNN coverage has left me speechless.

No rain yet here in Montreal. Just very windy. Some parts of the city have lost power.

It's going to be a long night for so many.

Hugs to all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24
Back