Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

danij614

Reaction score
1705293869203.png

"A 16-year-old Georgia girl has gone missing wearing just her pajama bottoms, a sweatshirt and no shoes following a suspected 'psychotic episode'.

Fayetteville Police near Atlanta are searching for Hydi Cain who disappeared last Sunday morning. She is 5ft 1in, 130 pounds and has blonde hair.

A missing poster described the teenager as missing following 'a psychotic episode' and said that she was in 'grave danger'."

Nancy Grace had Hydi's mom on to talk. Here's the article: Where is Hydi Cain?: Straight-A Student Flees Home Wearing Only Pajamas, No Shoes
Basic timeline from the article:
  • Jan 7th Evening: Hydi and her mom are having a conversation about her "recent life choices." Mom says it wasn't an argument.
  • Sometime later that evening: Hydi says she's going to bed.
    • ~20 minutes later: Hydi's mom hears Hydi yelling at someone while she's on her computer.
  • Hydi takes mom's keys and leaves in her car
  • Mom follows Hydi and tries to take the keys
  • Hydi jumps out of the car and takes off.
So last seen around midnight.

Nancy Grace had Hydi's mom on to talk. Here's the article: Where is Hydi Cain?: Straight-A Student Flees Home Wearing Only Pajamas, No Shoes
Basic timeline from the article:
  • Jan 7th Evening: Hydi and her mom are having a conversation about her "recent life choices." Mom says it wasn't an argument.
  • Sometime later that evening: Hydi says she's going to bed.
    • ~20 minutes later: Hydi's mom hears Hydi yelling at someone while she's on her computer.
  • Hydi takes mom's keys and leaves in her car
  • Mom follows Hydi and tries to take the keys
  • Hydi jumps out of the car and takes off.
So last seen around midnight.
Oh, this concerns me...if only because I cannot even IMAGINE a conversation that a parent would characterize as being about their teen's "recent life choices" NOT being argumentative in terms of each participant's tone and perspective.

I am sympathetic to the mother, who's no doubt truly worried for her daughter's well-being. However, I was slightly put off by the fact that the mother's initial statements to the public characterized Hydi as having been in a "psychotic" state when she left--IMO only, but that's an awfully strong word for someone to use for a person who's a "straight-A student" and who doesn't have any history (that the public's been told about, at least) of psychosis.

Last edited:
Now is this “I can’t handle my teenage girl” psychotic episode or is this a literal mental breakdown psychosis?
This is so nitpicky but I don’t like the wording of that poster. It has a negative connotation. Jmo

Editing to note the person above me said almost the same thing lol oops

Sorry to double post but either way, I hope the investigation covers all bases. She may have just left angry and gotten hurt. Or she could be suffering from a break. She may just be cooling off. I hope they are speaking to friends, family, online acquaintances and hospitals, and such. It doesn't seem she was prepared to be away long with no shoes or a bag (that we know of as far as we know?)

Yeah, I wonder about the whole "psychotic" description too. As it's been pointed out, is this an actual diagnosis and, if so, is she currently being treated? Just curious as this places her in a different risk category in my mind. MOO

"Sidney Fyfeem, the mother of missing Georgia teen Hydi Cain, is urging people to amplify the message of her daughter’s disappearance. In a Facebook post, Fyffe disclosed that her daughter, who had been missing for nearly a week, experienced a traumatic situation at work shortly before she vanished.

Fyffe alleged that Hydi, who worked at Truett’s Chick-fil-A Luau in Georgia, was verbally assaulted by a co-worker. She also alleged that this individual removed the missing person's fliers and refused to assist with the investigation."

This picture from the article saddens me - why do these kids always have pics showing wads of money? Don't they realize that the bad people see that too? And that those baddies have no qualms about taking it away from them by any means?

1706404240258.png

Hydi FB nothing much (but follow link in article above to Mom's FB "SF" in article, more there(!)):

This is such a confusing story. The pic of Hydi on Mom's facebook page looks so different from the one in this missing persons flyer. Also, the statement by the older male co-worker doesn't seem enough motivation for her to lose control. He's a cad, and should be censured, but it's hard to believe his statement to her is the sole cause of her distress and cause of her disappearance.

Prayers she is found safe and returned home.

"Sidney Fyfeem, the mother of missing Georgia teen Hydi Cain, is urging people to amplify the message of her daughter’s disappearance. In a Facebook post, Fyffe disclosed that her daughter, who had been missing for nearly a week, experienced a traumatic situation at work shortly before she vanished.

Fyffe alleged that Hydi, who worked at Truett’s Chick-fil-A Luau in Georgia, was verbally assaulted by a co-worker. She also alleged that this individual removed the missing person's fliers and refused to assist with the investigation."

This picture from the article saddens me - why do these kids always have pics showing wads of money? Don't they realize that the bad people see that too? And that those baddies have no qualms about taking it away from them by any means?

View attachment 478294

Hydi FB nothing much (but follow link in article above to Mom's FB "SF" in article, more there(!)):

that's only about $2000-$3000 and actually might not even be real (a lot of the 'gangstas' who post these kind of pics use fake money)
or she could've put it in the bank immediately after the picture
js it's not really that risky

View attachment 478294

The link to the fb post is broken. Has the post been deleted?

The link to the fb post is broken. Has the post been deleted?
Yes, on the “Have You Seen Hydi” Facebook group, it has been noted that mom removed her Facebook. According to one poster who allegedly was in contact with mom, she was being trolled and having “scary” messages so she temporarily hid her page and all posts. The “Have You Seen Hydi” group is still up and active.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymousangel444
Back