MI - 13-year old girl stabs 7-year old sister to death - September 28, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’ll wait for additional information, but having worked with young people who eventually grew into adults diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder, I’ll also say that I firmly believe regardless of the age requirement for diagnosis, it is something I think is often apparent from a very young age. This child may have a very serious mental health need that has gone unmet simply due to problems with how we stigmatize conditions to such an extent that we withhold diagnoses.

While antisocial personality disorder is diagnosed only in adulthood, the childhood equivalent does exist. It's called conduct disorder and it's diagnosed in kids.

It really has nothing to do with withholding diagnoses, IMO. It has a lot more to do with lack of treatment options for those with conduct disorder or antisocial personality disorder. It's nature versus nurture and sometimes, brains don't work the way they should. I say often that criminal behavior is sometimes just criminal behavior. We can label it, but labeling does nothing except perpetuate the stigma and confuse the public about why more isn't being done. More isn't being done because there is very little we can do in someone with these disorders.

Yes, in this case, as in the Carly Gregg case, you have to wish that they hadn’t had access to these weapons. At least if this 13 year old had beat up her little sister, the outcome would be liveable, unlike what actually happened.

It is also possible to beat someone to death. I agree that weapons are a major problem, but given the amount of rage, the outcome could have been just as severe without a knife. MOO

It is also possible to beat someone to death. I agree that weapons are a major problem, but given the amount of rage, the outcome could have been just as severe without a knife. MOO
True. She might have strangled her also.
However, she did choose to use those knives which makes me wonder what her associations were regarding them.

Or possible to be so blind with rage you don't notice or care where you shove your younger sibling - they hit their head on something / sharp edge of something / fly down the basement stairs and land on concrete floor and that's it.

I had an older sib like that (I was lucky to miss sharp edges etc on the way to the floor...) and parents in total denial, so I'm wondering what all might come up in this case. No guns / no self-defence knives in our house though and idk but I can't imagine my sib getting a knife out. So some enraged people manage to stop somewhere, there's a line they won't cross that this 13 yo did cross. MOO

RIP to the 7yo. At least she's not in pain anymore, but she was taken far too early.

Kids babysitting kids, awful for everyone involved

I don't have numbers, but I'm pretty certain there are more adult babysitters in prison for abusing or murdering the kids in their care than there are kids. Babysitting siblings as a teen is what many people grew up doing/seeing, so I don't think the babysitting arrangement was that unusual.

MOO

That’s definitely true as far as it goes: a kitchen knife, scissors, hammer are innocuous items which can all be used for violence.

That said, I can’t help feeling that combat knives and .357 magnum pistols [this case and Carly Gregg’s] in the home may have been spoken of in ways that planted a seed in the mind of a troubled teen. My opinion only.

I agree. Having a weapon in the house that was always made to be an actual weapon is psychologically different from, say, a bread knife, IMO.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Rest in Peace to Jessie Jane Lilburn

Neighbors describe Jessie Jane Lilburn as a sweet child who loved her riding her bike, swimming, catching frogs with the other kids in her neighborhood and greeting fellow residents with a smile and hello. She could often be seen walking up and down the block just speaking to neighbors and fellow pedestrians. Many residents, including the other kids, seem to recall her outgoing demeanor in that she was nice and wanted to play with everyone. One of her fellow playmates however did remark though that sometimes when he would see her do her aforementioned walk and down the block she would seem sad. Adult and children alike in the community are heavily saddened by the tragic loss of 7 years-old Jessie Jane Lilburn and are keeping the family in their prayers as they to offer her parents as much support as they can.

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

Posts have been removed.

Please stop posting and discussing cases that are not related to the case at hand. It is causing confusion of case facts and extra work for Websleuths Moderators.

Thank you.

Rest in Peace to Jessie Jane Lilburn

Neighbors describe Jessie Jane Lilburn as a sweet child who loved her riding her bike, swimming, catching frogs with the other kids in her neighborhood and greeting fellow residents with a smile and hello. She could often be seen walking up and down the block just speaking to neighbors and fellow pedestrians. Many residents, including the other kids, seem to recall her outgoing demeanor in that she was nice and wanted to play with everyone. One of her fellow playmates however did remark though that sometimes when he would see her do her aforementioned walk and down the block she would seem sad. Adult and children alike in the community are heavily saddened by the tragic loss of 7 years-old Jessie Jane Lilburn and are keeping the family in their prayers as they to offer her parents as much support as they can.
Very sad at the end when they show the image of the Dad hugging her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat
Back