Hypothetical question about your feelings for the Anthony's

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can say, if they would stop running around acting the way they do I would be able to have some sympathy for them. I may not agree with it, but I would not have the disdain I have for them now. I kind of get what their deal is, but the bashing they do of every person and the craziness they cause and the double talk is just too much to deal with. It just makes people distance themselves and not like them.

Maybe support is not the best word. KC is their daughter and they can be there for her, if they are able, accept the facts and go from there. IMO they should not be making excuses for her, lie for her or back up her lies. They should encourage her to be truthful and accept her punishment. If she refuses to tell the truth then I think they should cut contact with her. JMO

Remember how Mark Hacking's family behaved after he killed his wife? They stood by him and wanted him to get the best legal representation and mental health care they could find, but never mitigated the fact that he murdered his wife. They didn't hold press conferences saying that ZFG stole Lori or put her in the dumpster, or was seen in Puerto Rico yesterday and Gainesville the day before that. You will hear defenders say "there's no playbook on how people should act in this situation." I respectfully disagree. The Hackings and the very wonderful Mark Klaas have shown the way perfectly. They behaved with dignity under the worst of situations and should be an inspiration to any who find themselves in similar situations.

Your a good mom, you did the right thing, not the easy thing. :clap:

Thanks! :blowkiss:

It's the hardest thing I've ever done; I guess there's a reason they call it Tough Love.

I worried that my son would hate me for "abandoning him in jail" and when it was all over, he told me that he knew that I loved him and that's the reason I left him in there.

We can love and support our kids without condoning their bad behavior.

Your a good mom, you did the right thing, not the easy thing. :clap:

It's the hardest thing I've ever done; I guess there's a reason they call it Tough Love.

I worried that my son would hate me for "abandoning him in jail" and when it was all over, he told me that he knew that I loved him and that's the reason I left him in there.

I understand and agree. From across the lake :blowkiss:

I wrote this July 26th, it still holds today.

Since Cindy Anthony seems to be the voice of her incarcerated daughter, these are some questions that Cindy Anthony could provide answers to:

1. What family dynamic changed the night of June 15th or June 16th that caused her daughter and her granddaughter to cease staying at their house any night thereafter?

2. By tracing the money that has been stolen, does it show involvement in Caylee's disappearance (payoffs, transfers)?

3. Do you have any information TODAY that changes any of the things you wrote in your MySpace posting in your account there on July 3rd?

4. Do Casey's phone records support any of the things that she has told you and that you are repeating?

5. If you feel law enforcement is not handling this case the way that you believe they should, have you contacted Texas EquuSearch, The Polly Klaas Foundation, and/or The Jessica Lundsford Foundation?

Sympathy aside, we're kinda irritated.

I feel disbelief & pity towards them.

Some days it is 99% disbelief and 1% pity & other days it's the reverse....

I'll tell ya one thing - if it were me in KC's position my momma would help them put me away for EVER....

Actually, my feelings about them have not changed and probably won't. My opinion of them, might be different, if they had not lied and covered up.
I still have some compassion because of their status as grandparents who have lost a grandchild... but I do not respect what they've done and said.
BUT.... I try to keep in mind that situations like this can make a person crazy. When my stepson died at 16, his mother made the weirdest statements I had ever heard... but I tried to look past that and realize this was her firstborn child... she was grieving and was in denial that he was even dead. I shudder to think what I would be like if it were my child or my grandchild. I would be a basket case.
I notice some of you keep referring to how you handle your children. The problem is that Casey is an adult, four years past being a child.... or in their control. To blame what she did on her parents is wrong. They probably could not have done anything to have prevented this. And IMO, there's probably not much they could do now to get her to tell the truth. For all we know, she may already have..... but they are not going to tell the public because she still has a trial to go through.
And finally.... I do not see how anyone can fault them for holding on to hope that Caylee is alive. Give them that, at least.

When we are entrusted with a child from our Maker, unconditional love is the one thing we strive for. It is the hardest goal to achieve. Being a parent is easy in good times, but hard times are when our children need their parents the most. That is truly a test for all of us. I try to keep in mind that each and every one of us is God's child, even the worst among us.

Right now, Casey needs her parents' love more than ever. I cannot fathom how torn they must feel. It's easy to sit back and watch my tv and be judgemental, but that doesn't make it the right thing to do. How would I behave in such circumstances? I don't know.

The Anthony family doesn't need my forgiveness, but I feel in my heart that they do need my prayers. What could it possibly hurt? The little person most hurt by this thing is Caylee, and I feel that she would be the very first to forgive. So I am trying my best to be more understanding of what the Anthony's say and do, because I haven't walked in their shoes.

If one is religious, even if 'not so much,' to a let a child go to her maker without coming clean and accepting responsibility for heinous actions on earth is not the sign of a good, loving or even loyal parent. To allow a child to bring so much grief to so many others unabated is not the act of a caring, devoted parent. To dwell in a web lies and deceit, to chose to live a fantasy and ignore reality is not a responsible or moral way to live. To turn away and pretent not to see when one's child is wallowing in evil is not loving, nor kind, nor decent to anyone...especially to one's child.

I was just wondering....I wanted to know if people would still feel so much anger towards the Anthony family if they came out and said we know Caylee is dead, we know Casey had something to do with that death, but we still feel an obligation to our daughter and will try to support her in the best way we can.

Do any of you think the Anthony's feel they might be thought of as monsters if they still loved and supported their daughter even though she took Caylee from them?

I would not. I would understand. I do not understand what they are doing now, though, as most of us dont.

I think people, for the most part, are forgiving. If they came clean today, I would change my mind about them. But right now, I think they are just as monsterous a their murdering daughter.

Hey Im not so much mad at the Anthonys for wanting proof (a body) and holding out a glimmer of hope to prove it. But, I am mad that they continue to enable Caseys lies in sticking up for her. That is disguisting. If it were my daughter she would have spoken the truth or she would be on her OWN forever and ever, and I would have been quiet ie totally mum. Not blabbing to the news casters. Thats what I have the problem with as far as the Anthonys, their "enabling and joining in the media circus" at Caylees expense.

I was just wondering....I wanted to know if people would still feel so much anger towards the Anthony family if they came out and said we know Caylee is dead, we know Casey had something to do with that death, but we still feel an obligation to our daughter and will try to support her in the best way we can.

Do any of you think the Anthony's feel they might be thought of as monsters if they still loved and supported their daughter even though she took Caylee from them?

I have 4 children and each one has been in their fair share of trouble over the years, and I remember telling them at an early age, Mommy will always love you no matter what, or honey you could never do anything to make me not love you....I just feel like after all is said and done they are still her parents and I don't think it would mean they loved Caylee any less if they support Casey. They just need to be honest and put all this to rest....they can still support their daughter....right?

They DO need to 'put all this to rest' and much of the anger is at A's deception but their daughter desperately needs an 'intervention!' And I fear what you call "supporting" still sounds in actuality suspiciously like enablement and sparing consequences. 'LOVE' sets limits, requires honesty, accountability, and rejoices in the truth. If either GA or CA 'loved' KC they would start to play the role of PARENTS, get tough and insist, "We LOVE you KC and so therefore we will no longer enable you nor tolerate or collude with your lies, but we will support you in facing and admitting the TRUTH." And GA should have put his foot down YEARS AGO to put a stop to the controlling, deceit and meddling by his wife. JMO

You are so cute, it's suposed to be tough on the KID, LOL! But I totally understand!

Quote by PassTheMotrin: It's the hardest thing I've ever done; I guess there's a reason they call it Tough Love.

Good for you. And I gather he is now out of jail, and alive too which, had some parents and grandparents (like A's) been willing to do what you did, their children and grandchildren would not now be facing possible DP, and worse--already deceased. YES to 'love and support' our kids IS to not condone their destructive or irresponsible behavior. "Every parent who loves their child disciplines their child...'

There has been to much that has transpired over the last several months to totaly change public opinion but then it is never to late to start.

The Anthony’s have a perverse sense of what love and loyalty are.
Love means that you love a person and does not mean that you must condone the actions and thoughts of the one you love.
Loyalty means that you support; stand behind the attitudes, desires and plans of someone and how they achieve them.
While one can lend loyalty to a loved one there must be a sound and devise line between what is acceptable to you in how those attitudes, desires and plans will be acted upon to gain achievement and your feelings of unconditional love.
Love is an emotion. Loyalty is an action.
It is no different than any other emotion. Anger is neither right nor wrong, good nor bad; it just is. It is your actions of how you conduct yourself while you’re angry.

To love their daughter is what would be normal emotion.
To condone the conduct and actions of Casey is loyalty.
The Anthony’s think that they are showing the world that they love Casey. The actions that they have chosen in an attempt to change the events by lying, attacking others, obstructing LE and possibly purposefully tampering with evidence to prove that they love Casey is where the problem is.

In the end, they will not have affected anything positive or helpful to Casey, not only in proving there love to her but it will negatively impact her defense and will only have ended up harming themselves in the process. At the same time they have also forsaken any loyalty that they had for Caylee by not acting in the best manor to benefit her, a final burial place.

The Anthony’s have a severely dysfunctional household, and in my opinion the majority of this dysfunction is the direct result of Cindy Anthony. She is the main actor. George is also culpable but his part is more due to passivity than any actual actions.

Unfortunately this is not something new for the Anthony’s. This mixing of love and loyalty is a long established pattern. Cindy has used the tried and true method of divide and conquer to maintain control of everybody around her. By Cindy making the rules and constantly changing them she was able to keep everyone off balance. To be able to live with the constantly changing rules, she taught lying. By pitting one against the other she taught manulipation, not respect. By always having to be in control she taught dependency, not responsibility. The emotion of love has become a twisted spiteful thing to use not to feel.

The only thing of hope that may come out of this ‘Anthony Family Circus’ is that is may help this nation to view live and in color what happens when parents do not raise their children and what happens when those children make mistakes and are not given the opportunity to learn by the example of parents doing the hard and difficult thing by disciplining them in a healthy manor and teaching responsibility with consequences for actions.

To change someone’s opinions of you your actions must first be changed.

Thank you all for responding, I just wondered how people would react to truth from the Anthony's at this point. I hope very soon they will see the light....and if by chance they do read these boards they can draw some relief in the facts and feelings of all of the caring and insightful people who are drawn to little Caylee.

When we are entrusted with a child from our Maker, unconditional love is the one thing we strive for. It is the hardest goal to achieve. Being a parent is easy in good times, but hard times are when our children need their parents the most. That is truly a test for all of us. I try to keep in mind that each and every one of us is God's child, even the worst among us.

Right now, Casey needs her parents' love more than ever. I cannot fathom how torn they must feel. It's easy to sit back and watch my tv and be judgemental, but that doesn't make it the right thing to do. How would I behave in such circumstances? I don't know.

The Anthony family doesn't need my forgiveness, but I feel in my heart that they do need my prayers. What could it possibly hurt? The little person most hurt by this thing is Caylee, and I feel that she would be the very first to forgive. So I am trying my best to be more understanding of what the Anthony's say and do, because I haven't walked in their shoes.

:clap::clap::clap:

Great post.

From now on I am going to try and remind myself that Caylee loved her mom and GA and CA. It won't change my frustration with their actions, but maybe it will help me be a little more forgiving.

Honestly I think that if the A's came out and said, "hey, we know Caylee is gone but Casey is our daughter and we will stand by her" people would lighten WAY up on them. I think its far more understandable than trying to play the public for fools. I think we can all appreciate the horrific situation they would be in.

jmo

Maybe. But, then they need to take the step of stopping all their media adventures and stop trying to make a PENNY off of this. In a nutshell, they should admit this and then just shut up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalalala
Back