"I already gave you a month!"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, that entire exchange reminds me of any number of interactions with my 7 year old: "time for bed, put the game away . . ." "just five more minutes! PLEASE!" It's not like five minutes would get him any further ahead, and giving him the five means that he'll only beg for five more minutes as soon as I tell him "time's up." It's a control issue.

It just sounded like a juvenille reaction from KC; always needing another minute, another five minutes, another day, another week . . . . stallling techniques and no more. What would she have done with another day? My guess is either run away, or spend another night "getting it on" with her boyfriend, and then begging for "just one more day mom, one more day!"

for all of you Moms [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXgoJ0f5EsQ[/ame]

Well what about the "She finally admitted.." stuff going on in that call?

-------------------------------------------

Cindy: I called a little bit ago. The deputy sheriff ‘s (inaudible). My granddaughter has been taken. She has been missing for a month. Her mother finally admitted that she’s been missing. I want someone here now.

~snip~

Cindy: We’re talking about a 3-year-old little girl. My daughter finally admitted that the babysitter stole her. I need to find her.

Dispatch: Your daughter admitted that the baby is where?

Cindy: That the babysitter took her a month ago. That my daughter’s been looking for. I told you my daughter was missing for a month. I just found her today, but I can’t find my granddaughter. She just admitted to me that she’s been trying to find her herself. There’s something wrong. I found my daughter’s car today, and it smells like there’s been a dead body in the damn car. "

She admitted it or she told you, Cindy? To admit something is a bit different than to simply tell someone something, don't you think?

http://boards.library.trutv.com/archive/index.php/t-291267.html

I'm not up on who we can and can't link so I hope this is OK!

Good catch, the choice of that word is very interesting, indeed!

I want to know what type of person-people wait a month to report a missing grandchild?
I also want to know how a mother can believe her child is innocent of murdering her grandchild when the evidence in the case clearly points to the daughter as the murderer?

I want to know what type of person-people wait a month to report a missing grandchild?
I also want to know how a mother can believe her child is innocent of murdering her grandchild when the evidence in the case clearly points to the daughter as the murderer?

I believe that Cindy thought that Casey was just keeping Caylee away from her as a punishment. Even though Casey always gave Cindy a story about Caylee napping, at the beach, etc, when Cindy would track Casey down...Cindy didn't have a reason to think the worst. Casey was also of age and Caylee's mom. Cindy couldn't make her bring Caylee to see her.

I think down deep Cindy and George know who the killer is. I notice that they aren't spending any money trying to find the REAL killer. Even though Casey and Cindy have a love/hate relationship I think that Cindy is carrying a lot of guilt over Caylee. If only she had tried to take Caylee from Casey legally...if only they hadn't had that awful fight that night, etc.

George....I'm beginning to think that he was just a part of the furniture! By choice! According to Lee when things happened at home a lot was kept from George. Casey accused him of always acting like a cop instead of a dad and she may have been right. George was content to let Cindy be the breadwinner and the role was made for her...the boss. I do believe that Caylee is the only person in Georges's life that he truley loved. She was still a baby though! George of all people knows that Casey murdered Caylee. He smelled the trunk and knew what he was smelling.

To me it is interesting that even though George and Cindy profess to backing Casey they still tend to show her who is running the show....the memorial service....having Caylee cremated, etc. I'll bet she doesn't have a necklace or bracelet with ashes in it either...even if she could.

I think Cindy knew by the end of the week of June 15 that Caylee must no longer be with KC. Cindy knew that KC was incapable of/unwilling to care for Caylee for more than a day or two. IIRC, KC kept Caylee away from home for a few days in May (when she was with Ricardo), and Cindy tracked her down and made her bring Caylee home. Why would she do that if she thought Caylee was safe in KC's hands for more than a day or two? When KC didn't bring Caylee home in time for the weekend (so KC could go out and party), Cindy knew her daughter well enough to know that KC must have pawned Caylee off on someone. She may not have known that KC killed Caylee, but she certainly knew that KC was no longer caring for her.

It makes me wonder why she waited so long to track KC down, when she found KC after only two days when they were staying with Ricardo.

All of the above is my opinion only!
BBM.

This is backed up by Cindy's My Space entry "who is taking care of the angel now" ? If she thought it was Casey she wouldn't have needed to ask that question.

I believe that Cindy thought that Casey was just keeping Caylee away from her as a punishment. Even though Casey always gave Cindy a story about Caylee napping, at the beach, etc, when Cindy would track Casey down...Cindy didn't have a reason to think the worst. Casey was also of age and Caylee's mom. Cindy couldn't make her bring Caylee to see her.

I think down deep Cindy and George know who the killer is. I notice that they aren't spending any money trying to find the REAL killer. Even though Casey and Cindy have a love/hate relationship I think that Cindy is carrying a lot of guilt over Caylee. If only she had tried to take Caylee from Casey legally...if only they hadn't had that awful fight that night, etc.

George....I'm beginning to think that he was just a part of the furniture! By choice! According to Lee when things happened at home a lot was kept from George. Casey accused him of always acting like a cop instead of a dad and she may have been right. George was content to let Cindy be the breadwinner and the role was made for her...the boss. I do believe that Caylee is the only person in Georges's life that he truley loved. She was still a baby though! George of all people knows that Casey murdered Caylee. He smelled the trunk and knew what he was smelling.

To me it is interesting that even though George and Cindy profess to backing Casey they still tend to show her who is running the show....the memorial service....having Caylee cremated, etc. I'll bet she doesn't have a necklace or bracelet with ashes in it either...even if she could.

Agreed. While I deplore almost all of G and C's actions throughout this, I honestly don't think that they had even the slightest inkling that Caylee might be in real immediate danger. I suspect they were more fearful of long term neglect by their erratic daughter, and thought that KC was paying a spiteful power game with them by keeping Caylee away from them. I think the first suspicions that something much worse was going on came when GA first smelled that car. And even then his first thought was that it was KC that had come to a bad end.

Agreed. While I deplore almost all of G and C's actions throughout this, I honestly don't think that they had even the slightest inkling that Caylee might be in real immediate danger. I suspect they were more fearful of long term neglect by their erratic daughter, and thought that KC was paying a spiteful power game with them by keeping Caylee away from them. I think the first suspicions that something much worse was going on came when GA first smelled that car. And even then his first thought was that it was KC that had come to a bad end.

I respectfully disagree. Even though GA amended his story to the FBI to being worried the smell at the towyard could be either KC or Caylee (from the earlier LE interview in which, IIRC, he only mentions Caylee) - he would know for a fact it wasn't KC because he knew that KC had been spotted several days after the car was towed. Her brother was chasing her down on July 3. The family had been in contact with her, albeit limited, after the car was taken, so the only person unaccounted for when he picked up the car was Caylee.

BBM.

This is backed up by Cindy's My Space entry "who is taking care of the angel now" ? If she thought it was Casey she wouldn't have needed to ask that question.
do you think the words ANGEL- MEANT A CHILD IN HEAVEN, A DEAD CHILD? OR - A TERM OF ENDEARMENT?

KC must have been acting funny, or displaying malignant behavior that CA recognized, because if this were only about a test of wills, KC could have told CA to hit the road, her life and daughter was none of CA's business, and they were moving on-
Uh uh, CA knew KC had been up to something, and felt it was a solid fact that KC had to return home at some point.
All KC had to say to her was "mom, I think you are a bad parent and I don't like you influencing Caylee. You did a poor job while I was growing up and I can do better for my kid, so we are packing up and leaving. I met a good man and we are making a life together, blah blah blah" But that was not how it went down, and because of KC's tentative plan, she got busted when CA had enough of the games.

A very, very trivial point...and subject to Cindy hindsightism...

At one point Cindy stated that Casey lamented a time would come when she and Caylee would be on their own, and that Caylee needed to get used to being away from Cindy (aka "bonding time" for Casey & Caylee). IIRC this excuse was peppered in about the time that Casey's alibi was being w/ Jeff in Jacksonville. So...Ciindy already giving Casey a month may have some roots in this version of Casey's tale. Recall that Casey was telling Cindy 7/15 that she wouldn't take her to Caylee because she didn't want to disturb Caylee & upset her (i.e. destroy the good bonding progress to-date). Casey also gave the Cindy-always-upsets-Caylee bit in her explanation to LE of the 7/15 phone call from Caylee.

...takes nothing away from all of the other battling that appears to have gone on betwixt the two during the "month" subject of the thread. Just FYI, FWIW.

do you think the words ANGEL- MEANT A CHILD IN HEAVEN, A DEAD CHILD? OR - A TERM OF ENDEARMENT?
Probably a term of endearment (was it a freudian slip, I don't know). I do think some major "red flags" were going off in Cindy with Casey's sudden departure. Cindy knew what Casey's priorities were and she knew exactly what kind of a mother Casey was. Casey may have acted the mother around everyone else, but I'd be willing to bet she let her guard down frequently with Cindy.

I think Cindy knew by the end of the week of June 15 that Caylee must no longer be with KC. Cindy knew that KC was incapable of/unwilling to care for Caylee for more than a day or two. IIRC, KC kept Caylee away from home for a few days in May (when she was with Ricardo), and Cindy tracked her down and made her bring Caylee home. Why would she do that if she thought Caylee was safe in KC's hands for more than a day or two? When KC didn't bring Caylee home in time for the weekend (so KC could go out and party), Cindy knew her daughter well enough to know that KC must have pawned Caylee off on someone. She may not have known that KC killed Caylee, but she certainly knew that KC was no longer caring for her.

It makes me wonder why she waited so long to track KC down, when she found KC after only two days when they were staying with Ricardo.

All of the above is my opinion only!

The other thing that strikes me as odd.......when Cindy called KC in the middle of the night to bring Caylee home from Ricardo's, KC 'minded' her mother. What happened to her mindset early to mid June? KC was no longer scared of mama. No doubt Cindy felt the loss of control over KC and it had to have been scary. She just couldn't dictate anymore, she even had to resort to calling her sweetheart (in the jailhouse phone call, 'well sweetheart, if you had just told the truth...'). This whole family dynamic is an amazing study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333