I am no longer receiving e-mail notifications for my subscriptions - please help!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
I've cleared some space for PM's again.

I forgot to mention, in reply to a PM about IP numbers, it's not OURS that are all the same, if I understand the situation correctly. It's AOL's, on all of the messages that leaked through some kind of blocking.

Now I have a question about HTML. At the bottom left, it says that's OFF. I think I saw a choice in one of the many Settings places for "HTML or Text" for incoming. What's that all about? Could that be our problem?

An AOL Tutorial at http://postmaster.info.aol.com/ where you have to then click Tutorial and get a lot of other links. I may PM the three of you and do a short copy/paste, later, maybe Monday. Were all of you here when River used to change servers so much? Was anyone having this sort of problems?

It's almost 5 pm, Monday,where'd'ya all go? The problem isn't solved for you and nobody told me, right? : > )

Florida said:
Outgoing PM's but Eagle, you won't receive yours until you clean out some of your Incoming PM's.

I sent them, but they are not listed as being sent. I just did another one and it didn't go thru because of the names and I lost it. So one more try. Appears this one has gone.

Saturday night I was so tired maybe I just hit Preview. Today I was careful about the semicolon, but could have forgotten the 1 in Eagle!!

Same old, same old here.

Eagle1 said:
It's almost 5 pm, Monday,where'd'ya all go? The problem isn't solved for you and nobody told me, right? : > )
LOL ... no, no solved problem over here! :)

I just got my second e-mail today from WS. *knocking on wood* I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm so happy, I feel like it's my birthday!!!!

It was a very short birthday - lol! That was it - only the two. But you know what? It's two more than yesterday! :)

Camper's problem is a bit different from mine, and I'm going there again to see if she logs out, which I never do, reason she always has to sign in. Also I preserve at least one WS cookie, and use a logged-in URL in my Fave's list to get in. Nice to know you're still here, Florida.

P.S., What's she doing in the Parking Lot? lol

Eagle, why do you think DST has something to do with this? Your problem is not getting notifications of posts on subscribed threads, isn't it?

Why do I think that has something to do with it? Simply because that's when the problem started for the original three of us and we've checked everything we could check, haven't to my knowledge heard again from the WS owner since I believe Florida and JerseyGirls' last contact. Maybe xMission people are inexperienced or something, didn't pay any attention to whatever they maybe should have paid attention to at about that time. Then Camper started having different problems, nothing to do with ours, probably, and there was also one or two others.

My WS Options Time Zone setting that I'd made Eastern was somehow switched to some country on the other side of the world. I forget which one. So I checked the one at FFJ and it was also wrong, London time. After I changed it there, and casually asked posters if we were supposed to get notifications, I began receiving some. I haven't posted there in a few days, so have gotten any lately, but probably would. Will be sure to check that setting again when I go back.

There's a tech -forum called DAL, where the guy agreed with me that it doesn't sound like any XP problem, has something to do with time. In the Control Panel, Date & Time, there's a Synchronization with Internet time that's supposed to happen automatic about every two weeks. Some say it doesn't always happen. You've been at this longer than I have and will understand that better than I do.

Editing again to add that Posting Rules, bottom left, says HTML is off. For everyone alike? I don't remember seeing that at any other forum. There was a place to check somewhere in Settings about how you want to receive mail, as TEXT or HTML, I believe. If you know what that means, you probably also know exactly where it is? Can't tell you how much we appreciate your help. I'm looking around for the missing poster we've mentioned in some other thread, think I saw a post from her fairly recently somewhere around here. :boohoo:

HyperText Mark-up Language

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/primers/html/article.php/3478141

This link starts from the very beginning of instruction in HTML, if you want to learn it.

I don't believe I want to try it.

My clock is set for the Government time (time.nist.gov) I want my computer to have the same time as our various atomic clocks. :) I LOVE atomic clocks. :)

Did you select nist time or windows time?

I can hardly wait for DST to end so we can see what happens to you all. Except I like DST. And they have lengthened the duration of DST, you know. heh

I just came to WS to see if any of us have been cleaning out cookies lately. Anyone? I have, after Camper was advised to do it twice and it solved all her problems, which were different from ours. Now my scroll is jumping all over the place, a whole page at a time. One forum is super slow. I don't go there every day. Will ask there what's wrong.

For cookies I normally I just use "Ultra Win Cleaner" but You're supposed to be able to Unprotect or Protect additional ones, and that part won't open today. If I didn't hide my disks too well, I'll reinstall. There's a cookie called owner@1.primaryads.com/ I'm sure I wouldn't have protected.

No laughing at us, ha ha, because DST's been extended. That may not really be our answer anyway.

Sure glad you're here and have a talent for technology that I certainly don't, hate to face the problems alone. My fam are probably sorry they got me started with computers.

Just saw your new post while editing this. Tools, Internet Options, gotcha.

Eagle, click on Tools, Internet Options, and on that first page you have options to delete cookies and temporary internet files, and to clear history too, if you want to.

I tried the removing cookies twice and all it caused for me was more problems, lol. So status quo here. I am receiving notifications from a forum that looks just like WS. What can I say. I have just given up worrying about it.

Note: Their notifications do not come from Xmission. LOL
Norton keeps popping up, each page. I am just going to live with it. Do I have a choice?

Check in every day and when Daylight Savings Time ends and all goes back to normal, Eagle, I will salute you!!

I frequently clear cookies although I keep the one for WS. I have no problems regarding cookies.

I'll hold you to that salute if it turns out my hunch is right.

Something new I just found out about cookies today...An adware one wouldn't delete, (primaryads.com) so I went into "Settings" on the AOL page again, Index, Internet, etc., you know the routine, raised a "medium" privacy setting to "high".

Then when viewing cookies in Ultra Win Cleaner's Privacy section, the usual "remove checked" changed to something about unchecking or unprotecting a selection so I was able to delete it due to the higher pc Privacy setting.

Our blockers can lock us out of I.E.'s "Tools, Internet Options" to check cookies. I didn't know if Spybot was the one so didn't try disabling it. Glad I went back into UWC.

Is there a way to put an icon on the desktop when there's no "send to" ? It's always listed in the start menu but I sometimes forget about it.

With the higher privacy setting I couldn't get into one of my forums, so I changed my setting back to medium. They couldn't read the cookie info. Just found there's a new version of SpywareBlaster3.3, now 3.4, and installed that, so maybe primaryads is also on their list. Must be strong because I had NOT protected it, so watch out for that one! At first, deleting all my unprotected cookies twice seemed to make things worse, but now things are faster.

TEEDIE, I think you said you're using Adaware, but I'll have to do some re-reading to find which version. Anyone else using that? Spybot is good, but they all have slightly different lists to block. Also I made sure my Norton Live Updates are up-to-date.

What about Mozilla Firewall? Windows has one, and didn't want to allow a Downloads.com Adaware yesterday. I don't have Mozilla installed. Does it interrupt your work all the time to ask if it should block a certain address when you have no idea who's at that address? I hated that in Internet Security and stopped using Firewalls.

One more little thing, I don't know if a bookmark link can get worn out, after using it two or three years, but when I made a new one for a forum that was terribly slow and deleted the old one as soon as I'd checked how the new one would work, it made all the difference.

I have some forums powered by vBulletin and get their notifications, so I agree xMission may be our problem, maybe their Time synchronization at DST changes, or something like that. Aren't we learning a lot of interesting new stuff? I'm going to stop being so scared, except I'll never go into my Registry or reformat a hard drive.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbib4k
Back