"I feel it's a very good case." -Cpl Perkins, DPD

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SouthEastSleuth said:
- the procedural info that LE has worked a lot on tying outside info to crime scene evidence

(Amongst any number of things, the first thing that comes to mind is that infamous soccer game - traveling to, playing, traveling home - lots to sort through, compare, verify, search, etc. Let's also not forget Raven's various trips, the Smith Mtn Lake info, etc., etc.)
As well as LE collecting several pairs of Raven's shoes and taking soil samples from the car.

I wonder what might have changed. When I think of what's happened over the past couple of weeks, the only thing that I'm certain of is the alumni game in Janet's memory. I wonder if this new information could be linked to that. Since we're pretty confident that Raven attended, could he have said something to someone? Accidentally left something behind?

How I wish we could fast-forward to an arrest.

JerseyGirl said:
I wonder what might have changed.

I wonder if the psychic possibly could give some indication where the lap top was ... and they actually could find it.

What is interesting is that LE announces a 'new lead' just at the same time a neighboring police department is investigating a similar crime. Would it not be ironic that a 'clue' in the most current murder case, Michelle Young, lead investigators in Janet's case to look at something they may have missed?

IMO, they're showing they've been looking for the 'real killer' somewhere other than the husband, which would close the door for the defense to claim rush to judgment and tunnel vision.

LE also mentioned the missing laptop. Hmmmm.........wonder if that is a CLUE as to what this 'new' tip is? Perhaps an undetected presence on the internet that no one had found up to now? Maybe JerseyGirl is right, someone who attended the alumni gathering for Janet said something to LE, even unwittingly, that was NEW information to LE.

Whatever it is, something is brewing. Bet someone is sweating with worry, right about now.

JMHO
fran

fran said:
Whatever it is, something is brewing. Bet someone is sweating with worry, right about now.
Especially since we finally have LE outwardly stating that there is indeed a POI.

fran said:
IMO, they're showing they've been looking for the 'real killer' somewhere other than the husband, which would close the door for the defense to claim rush to judgment and tunnel vision.
That's a very good point. No one can EVER claim rush to judgement in this case, that's for sure!

fran said:
LE also mentioned the missing laptop. Hmmmm.........wonder if that is a CLUE as to what this 'new' tip is? Perhaps an undetected presence on the internet that no one had found up to now? Maybe JerseyGirl is right, someone who attended the alumni gathering for Janet said something to LE, even unwittingly, that was NEW information to LE.
That would be the best news ever, (aside from the perp being arrested), that they've found the missing laptop or at least a copy of the hard drive or something. I've been going around and around with this new information, wondering what this "new tip" is that has to do with computers. Knowing Raven's affinity for technological stuff, that could be just about anything. A posting he made somewhere, a computer he sold to someone, a phone number in a PDA ...

JerseyGirl said:
That would be the best news ever, (aside from the perp being arrested), that they've found the missing laptop or at least a copy of the hard drive or something. I've been going around and around with this new information, wondering what this "new tip" is that has to do with computers. Knowing Raven's affinity for technological stuff, that could be just about anything. A posting he made somewhere, a computer he sold to someone, a phone number in a PDA ...

YIKES!!

That could be it. Maybe someone who attended the gathering recently, Raven had sold the 'missing laptop' to. That would mean the hard drive!!

Possible......... :)

JMHO
fran

I just had a thought. Maybe this "fiance" is the new tip? Maybe raven said something to her after he had a few and she called LE with the info. The article regarding the new tip and the rumor regarding his marriage may not be coincidental.:waitasec:

Raven doesn't seem the type to confess anything or slip up, especially to a new girlfriend.

I wouldn't put it past The Rave to tell the new girlfriend Janet died or committed suicide as opposed to the fact that she was murdered.

PNess also has so many traits similar to the PudgeBoy, that I doubt even if arrested, tried and all evidence points directly CE and Hard Evidence and he's found guilty in a Court of Law with a Jury of his Peers, he would ever admit to murdering Janet and his unborn child.

Likewise, I also believe MommyDearest would never admit to having a son that is a cold-blooded killer either as Karyn shares a lot of the same qualities as Jackie P.

I don't know Term. I think raven is the type that would mess up and say something that doesn't seem right. He may not have "confessed" to her but could have said something that may have raised her suspicion...OR...found something on his computer!

Ewww, mess up would be perfect, I hope if he really has a girlfriend and she found something on his computer, she's safe right now.

ewwwinteresting said:
I just had a thought. Maybe this "fiance" is the new tip? Maybe raven said something to her after he had a few and she called LE with the info. The article regarding the new tip and the rumor regarding his marriage may not be coincidental.:waitasec:

I don't recall the names (there's so many) but there was a case here in California where the husband and wife went out on their small speed boat and she ehh......fell over-board and was lost at sea. There was no evidence against the husband .............................until he 'pillow talked' with his new love.

The divorce talk, the failing business, she was successful, the life insurance policy didn't do it. In the end, loose lips sink ships! :p

He's now convicted and serving time. It took a couple of years, but they got 'em with the help of his 'new love.' :behindbar

JMHO
fran

ewwwinteresting said:
Well only those close to Raven's girlfriend know if she seems any different over the past week or so. However, my thought about this recent information is that maybe LE is putting this out there as sort of a warning to this poor girl.

terminatrixator said:
Raven doesn't seem the type to confess anything or slip up, especially to a new girlfriend.
I agree. IMO, in order to slip up, the crime would have to be sitting on his conscience somewhere. And I don't think that it is. I don't think that it ever crosses his mind honestly.

terminatrixator said:
Likewise, I also believe MommyDearest would never admit to having a son that is a cold-blooded killer either as Karyn shares a lot of the same qualities as Jackie P.
Interesting that they both raised sociopaths. I wonder what it is about the personlities of certain people that raise children like this.

:woohoo:
I just read this thread. The only thing that concerns me about this is the damn DA Nifong is so focused on his bogus rape case even if they brought him a mountain of evidence would he choose not to pursue the case because he is so focused on his bogus case. :confused: Just a thought.

I think that that's a great point, curious. From the way things are starting to sound right now regarding the "rape" case, the DA may soon be too busy trying to save his own *advertiser censored*s to be worrying about any cases at all.

JerseyGirl said:
I think that that's a great point, curious. From the way things are starting to sound right now regarding the "rape" case, the DA may soon be too busy trying to save his own *advertiser censored*s to be worrying about any cases at all.
It's looking like way isn't it. First so much time and energy on running for office against Freda Black, then it seems he won the election marginally against Cheek - it definitely was not a landslide victory.

When is he going to focus on this case? Why has he not focused on it. He needs to buck up and start prosecuting and paying attention to other cases besides the Duke case.

Thanks JerseyGirl. I live in NC and have been following the other case closely and Nifong is just an absolute disgrace to the DA's office. I cannot understand why the people of Durham re-elected him. Maybe it's the comfort of the devil you do know, but I heard so many people screaming about Nifong and how bad the police and the DA were and then they vote him right back in. Now sadly because of that Janet's case and othes I fear will not receive proper attention.

I am curious as to how the case in Raleigh that was similar to Janet's will play out. If that moves faster and is more well organized that will say alot about how things were done or not done in Janet's case. I do feel sorry for the detectives, if they really are trying, but are not getting any support from the DA's office.

Here's hoping for justice in both cases.

curious1 said:
Thanks JerseyGirl. I live in NC and have been following the other case closely and Nifong is just an absolute disgrace to the DA's office. I cannot understand why the people of Durham re-elected him. Maybe it's the comfort of the devil you do know, but I heard so many people screaming about Nifong and how bad the police and the DA were and then they vote him right back in. Now sadly because of that Janet's case and othes I fear will not receive proper attention.

I am curious as to how the case in Raleigh that was similar to Janet's will play out. If that moves faster and is more well organized that will say alot about how things were done or not done in Janet's case. I do feel sorry for the detectives, if they really are trying, but are not getting any support from the DA's office.

Here's hoping for justice in both cases.
My guess is that LE is not getting any support from the DA's office.

And when Raven murders again, it will be on Nifong's conscience.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back