Found Deceased IA - Abdullahi "Abdi" Sharif, 18, Des Moines, 17 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder where they are going to search and how they determined the location? The meet-up area is 3.5 miles from the mall. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Volunteers will gather at 11:00 a.m. at Freedom Blend Coffee at 2329 Hickman Road.
Well this is interesting... I know locals have been talking about a “search party” all along, but the obvious question is where exactly a search party would search. Almost everything in the area is pretty densely populated. But this meet up spot is over by the Des Moines River, and I really hope there’s no reason to suspect he’ll be found anywhere along the river...

Well this is interesting... I know locals have been talking about a “search party” all along, but the obvious question is where exactly a search party would search. Almost everything in the area is pretty densely populated. But this meet up spot is over by the Des Moines River, and I really hope there’s no reason to suspect he’ll be found anywhere along the river...
Yeah, I wish the reporter would have asked if the area they plan to search was planned based on information from LE, the private investigator, somewhere he's known to hang-out, a rumor on Facebook or WHAT exactly. We need a local to go find out. :) MOO

FEB 19, 2020
'Every time I think about him I feel panic': Search party planned for missing Des Moines teen
[...]

FA remembers it was snowing when she dropped off Sharif, 18, at Target for work at 1:20 p.m. Jan. 17. He was scheduled to work until 5:30 p.m.

... The last time she would speak to him was around 5 p.m.— right before Sharif's shift would have ended — updating FA that he was going to work until 9:30 p.m.

So at 9:20 p.m, FA found herself once again at the Merle Hay parking lot waiting to pick up her son.

At 9:30 p.m., she called him. His phone was off. She kept calling as the minutes passed and he never came out of the store.

[...]

Around 10 p.m., Ahmed went into Target. There, she claims Target employees informed her that he had left when his shift ended at 5:30 p.m.

[...]

Police obtained surveillance videos of Sharif leaving the store around 5:30. It looked like he texted someone and then put his phone away, as well as his headphones. Police were able to trace him via surveillance video walking across the parking lot toward the street, and then finally in the AT&T parking lot nearby. That's the last sight of him.

[...]

"Evidence indicates that without any doubt, Abdi left Target voluntarily. There is video surveillance of him walking, alone, on a nearby roadway," he continued.

[...]

Yeah, I wish the reporter would have asked if the area they plan to search was planned based on information from LE, the private investigator, somewhere he's known to hang-out, a rumor on Facebook or WHAT exactly. We need a local to go find out. :) MOO

I feel you poking me... I can’t make it to Des Moines until later in the afternoon. But I’ve got at least one friend going, and if they’re still search partying Saturday I’ll join them.

Abdi is a senior. At this time of year, a lot of kids are getting letters from colleges. One of my students missed two days of school, which is rare for her, because she was rejected by a college. Clearly, Abdi is a good student. He may have felt disappointed about not getting into a school. Hopefully, he just wanted to be alone for awhile and found some place safe to stay. But I'm very worried. I hope his family has checked on the schools he applied to.

I’m a local but I am still confused about what happened...did Abdi really have to work until 9:30, or is that what he told his mother so that he could possibly meet up with someone (someone with nefarious intentions) and as a result he never made it back to the Target to be picked up by Mom at 9:30? The most recent article seems to imply that his shift ended at 5:30 and that he was not asked to work till 9:30?

Roosevelt game spreads awareness for two causes, including missing student

Updated: 9:48 PM CST Feb 15, 2020

DES MOINES, Iowa —

As the search continues for missing Roosevelt High School student Abdullahi "Abdi" Sharif, members of the community aren't giving up on the search for him.

Snip

"A lot of people have come up and said what an excellent kid he is. That's the troubling part: that nobody knows what happened," said Brent Wooters, a student council sponsor.

Roosevelt students are passing out blue ribbons during the Rider Pride basketball game Saturday night for Sharif.

Snip

Students told KCCI's Kayla James that they are planning an event where the entire community is invited to raise awareness for Sharif.
#

I’m a local but I am still confused about what happened...did Abdi really have to work until 9:30, or is that what he told his mother so that he could possibly meet up with someone (someone with nefarious intentions) and as a result he never made it back to the Target to be picked up by Mom at 9:30? The most recent article seems to imply that his shift ended at 5:30 and that he was not asked to work till 9:30?
It sounds to me that he got off work at 5:30 and went somewhere voluntarily, telling his mother that he was working late. IMO, he planned to be back in time for her to pick him up. MOO

I wish the search was on the weekend! I work on Friday and can’t make it. IMO, Merle Hay Mall can have it’s fair share of troublemakers but not to the point that I feel unsafe there. That used to be THE place to go on the weekends to hang out/shop/eat/go to the movies back when I was a teenager. Granted that was 20 years ago haha! But honestly, while MHM and the surrounding area isn’t somewhere I feel the need to make sure my car doors are locked when at a stop light, there is some sketchy stuff that happens around there, especially lately.

I do wonder if his disappearance has anything to do with a double homicide that happened 2 days before he went missing, just a mile or so away from the mall, at a residence. Police are still trying to put all the pieces together on that one and from what I’ve read in the local news, there hasn’t been much cooperation from people who may have information.

Des Moines Homicide Victims Remembered at Candlelight Vigil

Reading up on Abdi's case and thought of this until I saw it was a middle-aged man.

I'm a local and only heard about Abdi a couple days ago. :(

I wish the search was on the weekend! I work on Friday and can’t make it. IMO, Merle Hay Mall can have it’s fair share of troublemakers but not to the point that I feel unsafe there. That used to be THE place to go on the weekends to hang out/shop/eat/go to the movies back when I was a teenager. Granted that was 20 years ago haha! But honestly, while MHM and the surrounding area isn’t somewhere I feel the need to make sure my car doors are locked when at a stop light, there is some sketchy stuff that happens around there, especially lately.

I lived by Merle Hay Mall for four years, and shopped at Target weekly. I never felt unsafe there by myself. Any mall in Des Moines (or anywhere, really) has its fair share trouble makers. Des Moines has been growing rapidly and with population growth, unfortunately, comes trouble. There's a lot we don't know, and it's unfortunate that MSM has waited so long to get the word out about his disappearance. So much opportunity has been lost by not organizing a search party sooner and getting his face out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie
Back