IA IA - Ames, WhtFem 50-70, UP130738, freckles, lived in area for 10 years, "Julia Longfellow", Aug'24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ProudSuggestion3528

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
NamUs: UP130738
UID White/Caucasian Female
Ames, IA

Case Numbers​

ME/C Case Number: 24-07344

Demographics​

Biological Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Nickname/Alias: Julia Longfellow
Estimated Age Group: Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years): 50-70
Estimated Year of Death: 2024
Height: 5' 2"(62 inches) , Measured
Weight: 88 lbs, Measured

Circumstances​

Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: August 22, 2024
NamUs Case Created: October 3, 2024

Location Found​

County: Story County
Found On Tribal Land: No
Circumstances of Recovery: Law enforcement called to emergency department on 08/22/2024 to help in identification of unidentified female. Female refused to release her legal name, saying she made a new life for herself. Female gave law enforcement an alias - Julia Longfellow. Female stated she had been living in Ames for 10 years with a woman, working in exchange for room and board. Female died on 09/06/2024. This became a medical examiner case to make a positive identification.

Details of Recovery​

Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Recognizable face

Physical Description​

Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: Medium-length dark brown with white streaks
Eye Color: Blue

Distinctive Physical Features​

Other distinctive physical characteristic: Freckles across zygomatic area and nose

Clothing and Accessories​

Clothing: Black bonnet, silver jacket, maroon long-sleeved shirt, green pants - On the Body
Other: 2 books (Charles Dickens - "Nicholas Nickleby"; Charles Dickens - "Little Dorrit"), New Testament Psalms, various papers with writings, sugar packets, napkins, gum wrapper - Near the Body

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
NamUs: UP130738
UID White/Caucasian Female
Ames, IA

Case Numbers​

ME/C Case Number: 24-07344

Demographics​

Biological Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Nickname/Alias: Julia Longfellow
Estimated Age Group: Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years): 50-70
Estimated Year of Death: 2024
Height: 5' 2"(62 inches) , Measured
Weight: 88 lbs, Measured

Circumstances​

Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: August 22, 2024
NamUs Case Created: October 3, 2024

Location Found​

County: Story County
Found On Tribal Land: No
Circumstances of Recovery: Law enforcement called to emergency department on 08/22/2024 to help in identification of unidentified female. Female refused to release her legal name, saying she made a new life for herself. Female gave law enforcement an alias - Julia Longfellow. Female stated she had been living in Ames for 10 years with a woman, working in exchange for room and board. Female died on 09/06/2024. This became a medical examiner case to make a positive identification.

Details of Recovery​

Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Recognizable face

Physical Description​

Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: Medium-length dark brown with white streaks
Eye Color: Blue

Distinctive Physical Features​

Other distinctive physical characteristic: Freckles across zygomatic area and nose

Clothing and Accessories​

Clothing: Black bonnet, silver jacket, maroon long-sleeved shirt, green pants - On the Body
Other: 2 books (Charles Dickens - "Nicholas Nickleby"; Charles Dickens - "Little Dorrit"), New Testament Psalms, various papers with writings, sugar packets, napkins, gum wrapper - Near the Body
I wonder why there isn't a photo for this Doe. You'd think it would have been done, as she was living when her identity was questioned, there wouldn't be a PMI long enough to distort her features, and there would be the possibility of living photographs if she lived under that identity for a decade.

When someone works so hard to disappear, I always feel conflicted about the search for identity. I know it's still the right thing, but if there was nothing criminal involved in the change of identity, then I debate the ethics of picking it apart. Feels like dead naming. But without identity, we'd never know what she was running from and if it was criminal. It's an uncomfortable quandary.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashpandaoutside