Identified! IA - Cerro Gordo Co, Whtfem, 20-45, Deceased 5-15 Yrs, Fnd In Mason City, May 2018 - Cerilla Doyle

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
5bb3c1d6ef877.image.jpg

MASON CITY — Authorities have identified the human remains found in rural Mason City in May as those of a woman who has been missing for almost 10 years.

The State Medical Examiner’s Office was able to positively identify the skeletal remains as Cerilla Doyle of Bentonville, Ark., according to the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.

The remains were found May 20 in the 22000 block of 275th Street in rural Mason City.

Human remains found in Mason City identified as missing woman

RIP Sergeant Cerilla Doyle

Just throwing it out there, Israel Keyes was on the move at the time Cerilla disappeared and could have potentially been in the region.

I doubt he had anything to do with this because regardless of when and where he could have crossed paths with her, he flew out of Phoenix on 10/30 so if he was involved the timing would have been very tight. But it is kind of weird.

I always like to look back on cases to see how or why we didn't find them. Either Distance throws us off, not enough details, or not reported missing. Hard process, but love doing it..

The 2008 incident report says Doyle had left all of her belongings at the house on the day she disappeared and withdrew $1,000 from a bank in Bentonville. According to the report, Doyle's boyfriend told her daughter that Doyle previously mentioned if she did kill herself she, "would do it in the woods in the middle of nowhere so no one would find her for a long time."

But Doyle's mother, Betty, says that's not the case.

"She would not commit suicide. My daughter was a strong, strong person. Anybody that knew her knew that she would not commit suicide," said Betty.

According to a press release from the Iowa Department of Public Safety, there is no indication of foul play, but the investigation is continuing into the circumstances surrounding her travels between Arkansas and Iowa as well as the circumstances surrounding her death.

"How she ended up there. What happened to her? When? I think somebody put her there."

Questions that police hope to find answers to soon.
"Now both departments will work together and exchange information, and hopefully Iowa will be able to tell us the cause of death. That will be the next step," said Sgt. Page.

Remains of missing Arkansas woman found after 10 years later

anyone else find it fishy a police officer was missing and there wasn't more publicity? RIP Officer Doyle.
She wasn't on the police force when she went missing. I suspect she was still investigating the April Andrews abduction on her own. Perhaps that investigation lead her to Mason City. She may have left her ID and other items behind so there would be no chance of anyone finding out who she was or what she was doing. Very odd that Google maps says she was found only 6.4 miles from the abduction point of the news anchor in 1995. Perhaps someone should go to the spot where she was found and keep searching it. Perhaps there's more there to find.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artificiallife86
Back