Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"If he got out say he wasnt feeling good or taking a breather he wouldnt turn those off.?)
Typical driver would kill the headlights, reduces the amp draw while idling. Marker lights draw very little and still show you are there. Almost a habit...

"If he got out say he wasnt feeling good or taking a breather he wouldnt turn those off.?)
Typical driver would kill the headlights, reduces the amp draw while idling. Marker lights draw very little and still show you are there. Almost a habit...
That makes sense i didn't actually think of those, so the marker lights are set to not go off if you have them on like that? or do they have an automatic shutoff after some time? Do we know if those were on when the truck was found? I may have to get on some videos and see what his would of been like the main reason i ask is if they were off either David or someone else turned them off and since it was in the daytime then they wouldnt need those therefore maybe it would of been untounched.(please school me if I'm wrong lol.. @OldAce ) maybe thats one of the things they sent back for investigation

That makes sense i didn't actually think of those, so the marker lights are set to not go off if you have them on like that? or do they have an automatic shutoff after some time? Do we know if those were on when the truck was found? I may have to get on some videos and see what his would of been like the main reason i ask is if they were off either David or someone else turned them off and since it was in the daytime then they wouldnt need those therefore maybe it would of been untounched.(please school me if I'm wrong lol.. @OldAce ) maybe thats one of the things they sent back for investigation
I understood the truck was facing North; in it's travel lane, all lights off and the engine off.

You physically have to turn marker lights on and off. They are not automatic ( at least in older model trucks and I can't imagine that has changed)

You physically have to turn marker lights on and off. They are not automatic ( at least in older model trucks and I can't imagine that has changed)
So if you have to turn the on and off... then would it be required to have them on while driving? Funny how these cases get you i found myself paying attention to marker lights today while driving, so im thinking the answer would be yes, which would mean if so then the mechanic and sara would of had to touch them to drive it back. My train of though was with so many in the truck that may be the one thing that could possibly not be compromised by other prints.

Found myself also rewatching the show that landed me here, Web of Death, which goes over some of the sluethes big cases, that first episode has a way of just luring you in even if you have watched it lol, wish the detectives were on this one were the way they were on the Abraham Shakespeare case.

So if you have to turn the on and off... then would it be required to have them on while driving? Funny how these cases get you i found myself paying attention to marker lights today while driving, so im thinking the answer would be yes, which would mean if so then the mechanic and sara would of had to touch them to drive it back. My train of though was with so many in the truck that may be the one thing that could possibly not be compromised by other prints.
Most states say have them on an hour before sundown till an hour after sunrise or similar.

Most semi trucks have a separate circuit to trailer to power the markers, brake and turn signals.
Typical tractor will have a switch on dash to control off/on of markers. Handy for drivers communicating.

Sometime you are on an interstate at night, follow along at a distance as one rig passes another, Usually you will see the passed flick his headlights when the passer is well clear, and as the passer comes back over, he will flick his trailer markers twice. It means "Thank you".
Should the markers start flickering on off rapidly, and the stops are lit. Get back, he is fixing to set it in your lap, as something is in his way then. It is his attempt to warn you of impending ????

Lots of switches now are "paddle" switches. Handle is flat and sticks out an inch or so. It is so you can just swat at it to change, not necessary to flex fingers and grip as push/pulls. You can slap it with a knuckle, one finger, back hand with or without gloves. Doubt getting usable print unless for sure last user moved with thumb and or forefinger....

It would not be significant for routine questions to be asked including marital sex habits/interests, *advertiser censored*, prostitution, online activity etc. any more than detailed questions about spending habits, drug use, etc. Any odd behavior, anything embarrassing that could be exposed? None of which should be explored here unless made public by the family or LE.

I'm sure that the officer that interviewed her explained that uncomfortable questions had to be asked, but possibly, she was already traumatized and no matter how gentle the questions may have been asked, she found them offensive, especially when asked by a male. Not all department have a female available at all times to do this part of the investigation. And I'm not ruling out the officer was insensitive and/or lacked training. MOO
it was a female officer that used Dave's cell to notify SS the truck was located. That officer is the one who should have questioned SS. IMO.

it was a female officer that used Dave's cell to notify SS the truck was located. That officer is the one who should have questioned SS. IMO.
I've got no clue which deputy on that dept would have been the best to interview the wife and I'm not going to 2nd guess the Sac County Sheriff. None of us know how the events unfolded that day or how assignments were made.
My point was there were reasons for the questions asked of the wife and she had an understandably unpleasant reaction and, in my opinion, the (routine sex) specific questions and her reactions do not tell us anything about a theory or the direction of the investigation.
Having been in a position of asking extremely personal questions, I can say that females are also offended when interviewed by another female.

Most states say have them on an hour before sundown till an hour after sunrise or similar.

Most semi trucks have a separate circuit to trailer to power the markers, brake and turn signals.
Typical tractor will have a switch on dash to control off/on of markers. Handy for drivers communicating.

Sometime you are on an interstate at night, follow along at a distance as one rig passes another, Usually you will see the passed flick his headlights when the passer is well clear, and as the passer comes back over, he will flick his trailer markers twice. It means "Thank you".
Should the markers start flickering on off rapidly, and the stops are lit. Get back, he is fixing to set it in your lap, as something is in his way then. It is his attempt to warn you of impending ????

Lots of switches now are "paddle" switches. Handle is flat and sticks out an inch or so. It is so you can just swat at it to change, not necessary to flex fingers and grip as push/pulls. You can slap it with a knuckle, one finger, back hand with or without gloves. Doubt getting usable print unless for sure last user moved with thumb and or forefinger....

Darn, well thanks for the info though thats good to know @OldAce

It would not be significant for routine questions to be asked including marital sex habits/interests, *advertiser censored*, prostitution, online activity etc. any more than detailed questions about spending habits, drug use, etc. Any odd behavior, anything embarrassing that could be exposed? None of which should be explored here unless made public by the family or LE.

I'm sure that the officer that interviewed her explained that uncomfortable questions had to be asked, but possibly, she was already traumatized and no matter how gentle the questions may have been asked, she found them offensive, especially when asked by a male. Not all department have a female available at all times to do this part of the investigation. And I'm not ruling out the officer was insensitive and/or lacked training. MOO
Ita.
Still... I'd be willing to answer whatever, if it meant finding out what happened to David. :(
Everything else would be secondary.
Omo.

They did not dust for prints and will not. They said that prints are basically useless.

Even more so in this case, considering the truck wasn't taken in for examination until many people had been in it, had driven it, cleaned it out, etc.

I've got no clue which deputy on that dept would have been the best to interview the wife and I'm not going to 2nd guess the Sac County Sheriff. None of us know how the events unfolded that day or how assignments were made.
My point was there were reasons for the questions asked of the wife and she had an understandably unpleasant reaction and, in my opinion, the (routine sex) specific questions and her reactions do not tell us anything about a theory or the direction of the investigation.
Having been in a position of asking extremely personal questions, I can say that females are also offended when interviewed by another female.
Eh. I don't know. If you watch the interview with him it's easy to see why Sarah feels the way she does.

I think that trauma informed skills are important if investigators really want to get to the truth.

Ita.
Still... I'd be willing to answer whatever, if it meant finding out what happened to David. :(
Everything else would be secondary.
Omo.
Would you though if you had a gnawing suspicion in the back of your mind that you might not like the answer to that question? Seems to me that SS can only accept the "foul play" angle. Might be tough to answer questions that contradict what she wants to believe.

They did not dust for prints and will not. They said that prints are basically useless.

Even more so in this case, considering the truck wasn't taken in for examination until many people had been in it, had driven it, cleaned it out, etc.
Right, I know they said that but if the mechanic checked the truck, and they were not doing finger prints, then I dont understand what they were looking for. I guess maybe drug residue or blood maybe just, funny to think youd go through all of that and not do prints

Right, I know they said that but if the mechanic checked the truck, and they were not doing finger prints, then I dont understand what they were looking for. I guess maybe drug residue or blood maybe just, funny to think youd go through all of that and not do prints

Who & what are u referring to when u said "funny to think "u" would go thru all of that"??? Who is the 'you' and what is 'all they went thru'??? Can u elaborate??? IIRC SS took the mechanic to the spot where the truck was left on the highway & the mechanic drove it to his shop where David always parked his truck.

Last edited:
..... "the reward money will be available through November “due to ARP regulations,” .....

"Reward for finding Sac County man now $25,000 - David Schultz was reported missing on Nov. 21
LOCAL NEWS FEB 3, 2024

KELBY WINGERT Reporter kwingert@messengernews.net

SAC CITY — It’s been 75 days since David Schlutz, of Lake View, was last seen by his family."

I wasn’t convinced by his reasoning. Cases get solved by fingerprints all the time. Just the other day, a robber was caught because the police saw on security footage that the robber had picked up an Amazon package in the lobby of the building, and then dusted that package for fingerprints. Think about how many unknown people might have touched the cardboard box of an Amazon package. Yet it worked.

Here, there are a few small, obvious areas to check — door handles, steering wheel. It’s likely they already know who was in the truck after it was found, so that isn’t a big obstacle. The above example was a admittedly police department with a lot of resources, but he didn’t say he was lacking resources.

Who & what are u referring to when u said "funny to think "u" would go thru all of that"??? Who is the 'you' and what is 'all they went thru'??? Can u elaborate??? IIRC SS took the mechanic to the spot where the truck was left on the highway & the mechanic drove it to his shop where David always parked his truck.
Well they came back and got the truck after the found it, from the mechanic, there is a video about it. And they said for investigation, so if they didnt do prints it just makes me wonder what they could of been looking for is all. Drugs, blood maybe, you would think that would be routine stuff, I just remember them saying they did send some stuff back to the lab and if its not prints what would it be, not that they'd tell us right away anyway due to the investigation, but that part bugs me, if they went through taking it, and did send stuff back, I guess from the outside looking in it just seems odd to me that prints wouldn't be apart of it. I forget what interview it was at the end he said they'd sent some stuff back for analysis, ill try to find it today.

I guess when they said they sent some things back to the lab for investigation it could have been his phone as well. That would make sense.

Last edited:
Well they came back and got the truck after the found it, from the mechanic, there is a video about it. And they said for investigation, so if they didnt do prints it just makes me wonder what they could of been looking for is all. Drugs, blood maybe, you would think that would be routine stuff, I just remember them saying they did send some stuff back to the lab and if its not prints what would it be, not that they'd tell us right away anyway due to the investigation, but that part bugs me, if they went through taking it, and did send stuff back, I guess from the outside looking in it just seems odd to me that prints wouldn't be apart of it. I forget what interview it was at the end he said they'd sent some stuff back for analysis, ill try to find it today.

I guess when they said they sent some things back to the lab for investigation it could have been his phone as well. That would make sense.
@tarabull yeah, definitely think you're right on the prints, it just does not sit right, I did find the interview, but its not the OG its a clip in another video and they refer to the one where the detective is talking, he says "forenisic? we have done search warrants and taken ITEMS out to be investigated for evidence. And then outright says no they did not do fingerprints"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back