Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If, (big if), he was supposed to intentionally meet someone near where the truck was found, I think the Marker 126 stop was to touch base with this person and check on their eta at the meeting location.
David would have had to come to a complete stop at the end of the exit ramp at 71\20. Perhaps he checked in again and the person said they were running late. Perhaps David said he would wait for him there and to let him know when they were getting close. It makes more sense for a trucker to be stopped on an off ramp, I see it all the time, than to sit idling on a dark country road which may draw a neighbor’s or passers’ by attention. Once the meetup person was getting close, David slowly made his way up to the location where his truck was found. Arrival of both at about the same time would limit eyewitnesses as to what was happening.
If we read the Sac County Sheriff’s timeline closely, it doesn’t say that it took that length of time to drive from the intersection to the drop off -
“Cell phone shows Schultz’s phone arrives at Hwy 20 & 71 at about 12:18 AM. The data shows the phone traveling north to where the truck was found. Data suggests the truck may have been there since 12:40 AM on November 21, 2023.”
This doesn’t tell us whether or not the truck was at the intersection for 10+ minutes before traveling north. It doesn’t tell us if he stopped again in between.

We are regularly discussing who may have taken him and why. Maybe this was a voluntary disappearance involving a female as opposed to foul play. David was always running. He was tired. He said he was done. What if a possible love interest was wealthy? David wouldn’t need his wallet or money if he became a kept man. Just another far out hypothesis to gnaw on for a bit……
I think the wife knows by now if there were any calls or texts. Not content but the log of number/time/date on the carriers website. Maybe there are still carriers who do not let you see your usage but I am not aware of them. I have been able to for years. Have had Verizon, AT&T, and now Tmobile. Even MCI for home long distance I would get an itemized call log in the mail ages ago.

I think the wife knows by now if there were any calls or texts. Not content but the log of number/time/date on the carriers website. Maybe there are still carriers who do not let you see your usage but I am not aware of them. I have been able to for years. Have had Verizon, AT&T, and now Tmobile. Even MCI for home long distance I would get an itemized call log in the mail ages ago.
I’m thinking if he had a lady friend, (or was into some unsavory activities), he probably had a burner phone. His cell phone was found with the semi and that is what provided LE most of the information regarding his travels that day.

If David did run away from it all with a wealthy women, which I really doubt, it would have been much easier to have his Sugar Mama pick him up where he parks his truck, instead of the elaborate meet up leaving his truck sitting in the middle of the road. Unless he wanted everyone to think something bad had happened to him.

Just can't picture what a wealthy women would want with David. Wealthy people tend to socialize more. How is she planning on hiding David from her friends, children, ex(s), business associates, ect?
Stranger things have happened………….:cool:
What if she is an older, lonely, wealthy woman who wanted a boy toy?
To your point, his good friend owns/lives at the shop where David kept the truck. I don’t think he would risk being seen dropping the truck and riding off into the night with a sugar mama. Plus, whether David did it or someone did it to David, you would want to be in some out of the way place with few witnesses and fewer cameras.
FWIW I don’t believe this is what happened to David.

I’m thinking if he had a lady friend, (or was into some unsavory activities), he probably had a burner phone. His cell phone was found with the semi and that is what provided LE most of the information regarding his travels that day.
I had thought about a burner phone. Also wondered since was said he had been seen scrolling through his phone in the video, was it noticed any texting or activity that might be able to double check with regular phone records, timestamp?

I very sincerely hope more searches are done when the snow is down enough to a level to search. The reason I would want to search then is I would be looking for lots of wild animals tracks in the snow (thats a whole lot of "cadaver dogs" leading you to something). I would want two search radius, where truck was found and at the intersection. If no success, then thorough foot searches when snow is gone.

I had thought about a burner phone. Also wondered since was said he had been seen scrolling through his phone in the video, was it noticed any texting or activity that might be able to double check with regular phone records, timestamp?
Even if he was using a burner phone with number and carrier unknown, can't LE do a search for ANY cell connection made to the nearest tower to that truck stop at the time he was seen on video?

I thought we learned from the Kelsey Berreth case that that was possible?

Even if he was using a burner phone with number and carrier unknown, can't LE do a search for ANY cell connection made to the nearest tower to that truck stop at the time he was seen on video?

I thought we learned from the Kelsey Berreth case that that was possible?
Exactly! Also at intersection and where truck got left. I watched the DOT traffic for an extended time for the timeframes of David in the areas. Not much for anyone out there and the same for homes. Seems would be pretty simple to me to go through.

There is a missing college student from Eagan MN by the name of Bryce Borca. I think it will turn out to be him. Of course it will take some time to determine who it is, if a body is found..

I followed his case for a while. I had lived in that area as well. I thought maybe he’d be located one day. Prayers for the loved ones of whom ever this is.

I very sincerely hope more searches are done when the snow is down enough to a level to search. The reason I would want to search then is I would be looking for lots of wild animals tracks in the snow (thats a whole lot of "cadaver dogs" leading you to something). I would want two search radius, where truck was found and at the intersection. If no success, then thorough foot searches when snow is gone.
I agree, but remember there was no snow on the ground for weeks after he disappeared. It’s not like he disappeared and snow fell a few days later. I question the accuracy of grid searches myself and the radius searched. He could have run 5 miles from the truck location… did they search out that far? The searches seem to have focused in the area of the truck and south. How far north did they search? Maybe Jake Rowley of the Cajun Navy should join here so he could help give us insight on his team’s coverage.

I agree, but remember there was no snow on the ground for weeks after he disappeared. It’s not like he disappeared and snow fell a few days later. I question the accuracy of grid searches myself and the radius searched. He could have run 5 miles from the truck location… did they search out that far? The searches seem to have focused in the area of the truck and south. How far north did they search? Maybe Jake Rowley of the Cajun Navy should join here so he could help give us insight on his team’s coverage.
Good points! I have just seen it being really cold then and even more so later which I am hopeful inhibited predators. Might not! The night he went missing had wind chill of 21 degrees, 25 mph winds. Warm up I am thinking would bring attraction, I think. I had seen one map for Jake which I have attached. If someone reached out to him, he may share more if asked.

Attachments

• Search map 2.jpg
    Search map 2.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 17
Good points! I have just seen it being really cold then and even more so later which I am hopeful inhibited predators. Might not! The night he went missing had wind chill of 21 degrees, 25 mph winds. Warm up I am thinking would bring attraction, I think. I had seen one map for Jake which I have attached. If someone reached out to him, he may share more if asked.
Also, I did do research on hypothermia. Estimation of travel would most likely be within 2 miles before overcome with conditions that night. It was also drizzling out. Wet makes hypothermia sooner.

Stranger things have happened………….:cool:
What if she is an older, lonely, wealthy woman who wanted a boy toy?
To your point, his good friend owns/lives at the shop where David kept the truck. I don’t think he would risk being seen dropping the truck and riding off into the night with a sugar mama. Plus, whether David did it or someone did it to David, you
FWIW I don’t believe this is what happened to David.
would want to be in some out of the way place with few witnesses and fewer cameras.

To some extent, this whole scenario pretty fits that need. There are some cameras, but none at either end and the critical ramp end. With all the time passed, I personally doubt LE will find his body, in the course of a protracted investigation. This thing reeks of a well planned murder, for revenge, jealousy, drug association, insanity????
It just appears too convenient for a "regular" truckers day to go (as we are aware) along to that ramp stop sign, then jump the rails to wrong way, on a road to nowhere for his load and size truck, stop right in the way of any traffic, and he disappear.

It seems to me that Jake went home pretty quick and is tied up with other matters so busy he has no interest or time available to be commenting on this. Just my thoughts on getting more from him.

I hope I can post this and if not please let me know and educate me. Tonight SS posted she spoke with her FIL (Davids dad) He mentioned to her when David had pulled over at the truck stop, he parked up front and under the lights. ( I assume he watch the video). He said David did this because he was having trouble with his truck lights. SS then recalls that DS had mentioned that in the past . Maybe thats the only reason he did pull in the truck stop, to check his lights, maybe it was nothing more than that.

It seems to me that Jake went home pretty quick and is tied up with other matters so busy he has no interest or time available to be commenting on this. Just my thoughts on getting more from him.
Well this whole thing has been skewed! Jake had the hero moment of finding someone else looking for David. How much did this derail Davids search?

I hope I can post this and if not please let me know and educate me. Tonight SS posted she spoke with her FIL (Davids dad) He mentioned to her when David had pulled over at the truck stop, he parked up front and under the lights. ( I assume he watch the video). He said David did this because he was having trouble with his truck lights. SS then recalls that DS had mentioned that in the past . Maybe thats the only reason he did pull in the truck stop, to check his lights, maybe it was nothing more than that.
I saw that too but left me with more questions. Davids truck could be seen pulling in and parking. Were any lights not working? David would have gotten out and checked. Nope, all working? Then roll on. Some not working, then seen doing activity for finding a fix (changing a fuse in cab or repair outside of wiring I would think) My guy would tend to do these kind of issues at load time. Long waits in line before trucks moving, waiting for others loading which takes awhile and good time for this, and also got others to assist (working now. yes or no?) .

I recall from an early day of the DS disappearance was how Jake and Cajuns came to MO. Jake asked SS direct on FB if the Cajuns could be of assistance.

I don’t think there was a lot of love lost between the Cajun Navy and the Sac County Sheriff who came across as generally pretty harsh and arrogant in some of his interviews.
The Cajun Navy is very well regarded. But I don’t think Jake helped his cause by publicly revealing some of the information that he was told in confidence by LE, some of which led to some wild speculation and rumors, and some of which was not factual.
Most of these search groups really want to help on these cases, but they also need funding for equipment, travel expenses etc. When you have a high profile case and there is a lot of media interest, it’s very tempting to get in front of the camera and maybe exaggerate your importance a bit. If you have insider info from LE, the hungry press will come to you to get the scoop. Some over zealous search groups don’t want to listen to/be controlled by LE. LE appreciates the help, but the searches need to be coordinated so that potential crime scenes are not compromised and so that there is a methodical search.
Just the fact that Jake said they searched 100,000 acres in such a short time period is evidence of exaggeration. However, it can’t be denied that the CN was able to bring closure to the family of missing Iowa man, MR, when they found his body in his PT cruiser while searching for David.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back