IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I’m not seeing your location in the story?
Oops, right location, wrong story, also wrong post. I meant to quote the link in your post here (SBM):
Sarah said that David’s boss arrived at her house Tuesday morning saying that they couldn’t find David. David was supposed to deliver a load of hogs from Eagle Grove to Sac City. After a search between the two cities, his truck was found Tuesday morning on the road, not pulled over, on northbound Highway 71 about five miles north of the Old Highway 20 intersection.

Sarah said the police called her from his phone Tuesday afternoon. She added that a friend of hers had nearly hit the truck earlier around 5:30 a.m. His wallet and phone were in the truck as well.

Wife pleads to help find husband who went missing in Sac County
The coordinates, again (note: not on US 71 but 5 miles north of it)
ETA: deleted my wrong post

Last edited:
Okay is the hog hauler full of hogs also missing???? i have to ask...

ETA: Seems these days criminals may prefer the finished product
I haven't read anything about his load of hogs in MSM, BUT I can tell you that what would usually happen if, for instance, a truck broke down in the middle of hauling livestock - another truck and trailer would be sent out to transfer the animals so that they could continue on to their destination.

MOO (oink?) but I have a family member whose job is logistics of loading hogs to be delivered to packing plants (actually in that area, but I haven't asked if he knows him), so.

David was supposed to deliver a load of hogs from Eagle Grove to Sac City. After a search between the two cities, his truck was found Tuesday morning on the road, not pulled over, on northbound Highway 71 about five miles north of the Old Highway 20 intersection.

David left his home in Wall Lake. He was supposed to drive to Eagle Grove to pickup the hogs, then deliver them to Sac City.

You can zoom in on the map to see the area his truck was found. Added other locations for perspective.

There is a home pretty close to the intersection of 71/20 - House faces the road, wonder if they have cameras?

Last edited:
Maybe someone else left the truck there and had a ride.
If this were the case, where would the takeover of David have happened?
That's the big mystery, but his jacket being found in a ditch near the truck is also mysterious. If it wasn't him in the truck, why remove his jacket and throw it in a ditch?

They have used scent dogs and airplanes with thermal imaging. I don’t think it’s possible for him to be in the area.

It was a developing story when I posted.

All depends on the timing of the article and, sadly, it’s not timed.

When someone cannot be located, anything/everything is possible IMO.

WELCOME TO WS!!

Jake Rowley

Hey Guys, Jake Rowley here Midwest Team Leader of United Cajun Navy. We are a non profit working with Sarah Bogue Schultz to try to bring David Schultz home to his family. We will be conducting a search tomorrow from 10:30-until dark that will consist of searching the Brushy State Recreation Area. There has been evidence brought to our attention that this area deserves to be looked at closer. We will meet at 10:30 am at 3139 Beach Dr, Duncombe IA. This is the public beach parking at the lake. Please consider joining us with SxS, four wheelers, and horses or on foot. If you have specialized resources, please reach out to me personally at 641-750-9581! We look forward to meet you all tomorrow and hoping we can bring peace to this family tomorrow!

Last edited:
Sarah Schultz last saw her husband at about 7:30 p.m. Monday. She said David, who hauls livestock for a living, had been working all day and asked her to grab him a change of clothes.

"He had to do another Seaboard load from Eagle Grove to Sac City," she said. "He just washed up and changed and gave me a kiss and ran out the door. He's always in a hurry."

Schultz repeatedly called her husband's cell phone every few minutes, but those calls went to his voicemail. She said her husband is an owner-operator, meaning he owns his truck and rents the trailer.

Tuesday afternoon, David's truck was found northeast of Sac City, parked on northbound Highway 71, about five miles north of the old Highway 20 intersection. Schultz said the vehicle was turned off, but it wasn't pulled over to the side of the road. The trailer was still loaded with baby pigs.

"My husband would never do that," she said. "It had been parked there, I'm guessing, for about 12 hours from 3:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. People drove around it all day -- a big red truck -- and didn't turn it in."

She said David's cell phone and wallet, which contained money, were found in the truck. The truck was pointing the wrong direction from where David was headed -- north, rather than south, according to Schultz. There was no sign of David, but his coat was located in a ditch on the opposite side of the road.

Schultz said law enforcement have searched the area where the truck was found. But, as of Friday afternoon, she said they were just beginning their investigation in Eagle Grove, where her husband loaded the pigs and was last seen.

"The people he loaded the hogs for, the owner, didn't now anything about it until today. The neighboring farm didn't know anything about it until today. People in that area have done nothing to look for him," she said. "The Lake View police have told me they were going to go today, which they just got there this afternoon to talk to people in that area."

Schultz said the United Cajun Navy, a nonprofit organization that organizes search and rescue teams during natural disasters, has offered their services. She said she has been in contact with Jake Rowley, the organization's Midwest team leader, who is organizing a search of the route her husband's truck may have traveled.

"He's getting flyers made and starting a search," she said of Rowley. "They're not going to give up. I feel like this is above the local police, at this point. I feel like someone else should jump in and take charge. I think (the police) are doing what they can -- it's just not enough."
According to a statement from the Sac County Sheriff's Office, Northeast Sac County property owners are being asked to check their properties and outbuildings for "anything out of the ordinary."

"If anything out of the ordinary is observed, please do not disturb the immediate vicinity and let items remain in place before contacting the Sac County Communications Center at 712-662-7127," the statement said.

Schultz said law enforcement have searched the area where the truck was found. But, as of Friday afternoon, she said they were just beginning their investigation in Eagle Grove, where her husband loaded the pigs and was last seen.

"The people he loaded the hogs for, the owner, didn't now anything about it until today. The neighboring farm didn't know anything about it until today. People in that area have done nothing to look for him," she said. "The Lake View police have told me they were going to go today, which they just got there this afternoon to talk to people in that area."

Schultz said the United Cajun Navy, a nonprofit organization that organizes search and rescue teams during natural disasters, has offered their services. She said she has been in contact with Jake Rowley, the organization's Midwest team leader, who is organizing a search of the route her husband's truck may have traveled.

"He's getting flyers made and starting a search," she said of Rowley. "They'reI

"If anything out of the ordinary is observed, please do not disturb the immediate vicinity and let items remain in place before contacting the Sac County Communications Center at 712-662-7127," the statement said.

I feel for his wife.
And I agree with her concerns that an outside organization is doing more in the search than LE.

His truck was parked in the middle of the road. No trucker would do that. Something is off here.

United Cajun Navy

United Cajun Navy is initiating a search starting tomorrow near Eagle Grove, IA for missing father and husband David Schultz. Please share this information and pictures below to get the world out across the nation to help bring this man home to his family. He was last seen Tuesday, November 21st and the truck was found Wednesday, November 22nd around 5:30am. Please keep our teams in your prayers as we work with the family and local law enforcement to hopefully bring David home to his family!
10:30 am
3139 Beach Dr, Duncombe IA.
#unitedcajunnavy
#unitedisstrength
#cajunnavymidwest

Schultz's wife, Sarah Schultz, told local news channel KCAU 9 on Wednesday that she last saw her husband on Monday around 7:30 p.m. before he left their home to go to work. His wife said Schultz was wearing Wrangler jeans and cowboy boots. She couldn't remember what shirt he was wearing, adding that she believes he was wearing a Peterbilt hat.

"The next day I hadn't heard from him, which is not unusual. I don't know when he's loading and unloading. The guy he hauls for knocked at my door saying, 'Hey we can't find David. Have you heard from him?' He said he didn't unload the hogs. I said, 'So he's loaded?' And that alerts me right there cause he would never pull over to sleep load, he just wouldn't," Sarah Schultz told KCAU 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho