IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's have a look at alibis.

Some seem to think DM has a strong alibi.

His alibi is his MOTHER and his teenage son.

:doh:

C'mon! He was just being a productive member of society by napping away the afternoon! He was supposed to report to jail later that day. If you were going to go away for 5 years later that day -- wouldn't you nap too? I mean, how else would you want to enjoy your last few hours of freedom? :crazy:

Also, just a question -- NOT AN ACCUSATION!! -- does anyone know what Aunt Tammy's alibi is? I don't remember hearing one. TIA.

I had considered the possibility of it not being the girls on the bikes.... but not that someone would have knowledge of the camera and use it for a time ruse........definitely possible......but I'm leaning toward they did make it to the lake. I am interested in the vehicles seen after the bikes passed.

I would imagine that, since the girls rode in the area frequently, they could compare the vid to other days when the girls were seen riding by. JMO.

Wonder if TG had seen others walking the trail in the vicinity of the bikes? Do we even know the way he headed? Was he going east or west?

Take this as a “fwiw" as I can’t locate an all-inclusive msm link just now:

TG (cyclist) was riding the bike trails heading north from Gilbertville on Friday, July 13th and was headed west on the Evansdale Nature Trail just past Maiden Lane when he had to swerve to miss two bicycles. Apparently he saw two people fishing on the other side (north side) of Meyers Lake but was not alarmed by seeing two bikes along the trail on the southeast side because people often stop to fish at that location as well. (Maybe the gate doesn’t have a lock?)

TG then used the restrooms on the north side of Meyers Lake (public loo?), called his adult daughter at 12:27pm from his cell and then exited the lake area. TG apparently called LE on Saturday (14th) but didn’t get a call back so while bike riding again on Monday (16th) he stopped police to tell them about the bicycles. Local LE and FBI questioned him and the time of the 12:27 phone call was checked against the data on his daughter’ s cell.

Other links re TG:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_c7394e3c-d6a6-11e1-a4f3-0019bb2963f4.html

It would be nice if all autos in this case had GPS that LE could trace.

OMG! That just made me think of something. Misty and Tammy said that LE took their phones and NOW THEIR TOUCH SCREENS AREN'T WORKING. Touch screens mean they have smart phones, which do have GPS! I bet you anything that LE looked at exactly where those two were on the GPS of their phones!

C'mon! He was just being a productive member of society by napping away the afternoon! He was supposed to report to jail later that day. If you were going to go away for 5 years later that day -- wouldn't you nap too? I mean, how else would you want to enjoy your last few hours of freedom? :crazy:

Also, just a question -- NOT AN ACCUSATION!! -- does anyone know what Aunt Tammy's alibi is? I don't remember hearing one. TIA.

I don't recall reading about one.

Further, there has been nothing published about grammas and auntys afternoon appointment there were in so much of a rush about.

They had to be somewhere at 2.30, which is why they claim they hunted for the girls so quickly. I have yet to read what the pressing afternoon engagement was?

Anyone?

I don't recall hearing her plans for the day up until the point she shows up to go with grandma to run errands. Has anyone else heard?

Don’t forget about Mr. C’s reported sighting of Elizabeth and Lyric between 12 and 1pm. In the video (link below) it seems as if he’s about to state he saw the two girls ride by his house (Lake Avenue @ Gilbert) between 12 and 1pm but is prompted and says the sighting was between 12 and 3pm.

http://indianolarecordherald.desmoi...-missing-Iowa-girls-after-their-disappearance

Thank you for the video! Interesting the headlines says "Witness said he may have seen the missing Iowa girls after their disappearance", but he says he saw them. Could not identify the bikes or tell LE what color the bikes were. Wife interjects says they could tell one was Elizabeth. Timeline still loose.

Also, just a question -- NOT AN ACCUSATION!! -- does anyone know what Aunt Tammy's alibi is? I don't remember hearing one. TIA.[/QUOTE]

darn good question! but she sure was quick to steer them in the direction of the lake

OMG! That just made me think of something. Misty and Tammy said that LE took their phones and NOW THEIR TOUCH SCREENS AREN'T WORKING. Touch screens mean they have smart phones, which do have GPS! I bet you anything that LE looked at exactly where those two were on the GPS of their phones!

Could be bugs crawling around inside those phones too.

Dan refused to give up his phone in the early days.

Why?

Hi ya'll. I don't post much on this thread but do read it whenever I have the chance. I think ya'll are doing a great job following this case. From the little I have read which is not as much as most of you, I keep coming back to the closeness in time of this disappearance and Lyric's father's upcoming drug charges being decided in court. I tend to think about things using the one that has the least amount of variables. In my opinion, I think the disappearance is related to the court stuff.

One of my "motive theories", but I am not sure if HE had anything to do with the disappearnce directly.

Do you think for sexual reasons or other reasons??

I'm not sure. I could go either way on that. But now I'm not even sure he's my #1 suspect anymore. I think SapphireSteel and Jules just changed my mind. :fence:

or maybe an unknown abductor took them for his (playing the odds) own purposes and the entire criminal history-family situation is one big ole honkin red herring. Although I agree with those speculating the bikes were dumped there and not by the girls.

Cindersoot, was the white van parked close to the area where the bikes were left? Were you near that area when he passed you?

I guess I'm trying to see if he fits into this somehow. Especially with cindersoot's encounter with him. If he happened to be at the lake that day, did he cross paths with the girls?

Sorry to quote myself but I just saw that Cindersoot was back.

Very, very odd that he starts to say 1 or possibly 1:30 and then his wife cuts him off and says 3. Unless he was outside for 3 hours that day, no way is he not able to narrow down the time he saw them on the bikes to more than a 3 hour window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli