IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about bring E and L home fund. Surely, someone could open an account at one of the Evansdale banks.

$1.00 donation with a goal for one million donations!!

Couldn't something like this be set up through the internet for donations.

How about fundraisers right in Evansdale, i.e. dances, bbq's, entertainers.

This would really help the family hire a PI.

Just IMO

How about every single retail location in town asks you to round up the tab to the nearest dollar and the change goes to the fund. Everytime, I go to PetSmart I end up giving a dollar to the humane society because I feel bad saying no.

<snipped for space>
If anyone plans to go to Evansdale and do some sleuthing in person, please keep in mind that Evansdale is a community that has been traumatised. Right now, anyone who acts different is going to get extra notice, may cause extra stress and may well be reported to the police.

I was thinking this might be another reason to call off the volunteer searches too. I would think unfamiliar people would stand out more especially in areas they aren't normally in. Plus LE would more easily be able to spot someone acting strangely to check them out.

I hate even thinking this way but in the early days I worried that the searches were not only overwhelming for LE, but they might attract some sicko who came out to see if these two young girls were say lost or hiding and he or she wanted to be the first to "find" them. I worried a lot about that in the local (for me) Lomax case too - so much attention on how this beautiful young lady was out there and so vulnerable. It's got to be a huge catch-22 for the police. Do we ask for as much help as possible, or do we risk 'advertising' that there might be a lost vulnerable person in a certain area? IMO.

This is not meant to be a criticism of LE and most certainly not the volunteer searchers who worked so hard to try to find the girls early on. I do believe those searches are important and worthwhile. It's just a thought that crossed my mind.

I believe that MN plates were mentioned [not mine :)]. I have really started to notice the scumbags we have here too, but it is tough to really judge a book by its cover. Went to the county fair last night with the kids and that place always brings out the crowd that I wonder where they are the rest of the year. I noticed this guy with grubby clothes and a couple little girls with him and I found myself starting to watch him and then his wife walks over from the ride ticket window and I all of a sudden notice that he isnt grubby and is wearing an ambercrombie t-shirt and the kids are decked out in aeropostle clothes and when I look at his face again, I realize he is probably a business man that is just wearing a baseball cap to the fair. I think it is the close proximity of IA to MN that has me on edge and seeing things that aren't there.

Yup, I do that also, but lets not forget that even the highest looking moral based people can be a perp.

The reason I went to Evansdale was to see it for myself, to get a better perspective. Looking at pics and the goggle map just wasn't the same.

Absolutely and I'm glad you did. You've offered lots of great insight, and for all we know you might've even given LE a key tip they needed. Thank you for that.

Hunter is on top of my list of likely discoverers and a farmer is next.

GDhu is correct, in IA evidence, clues and unfortunately people are found after harvest and during hunting season if they were brought to a more rural area.

Yup, I do that also, but lets not forget that even the highest looking moral based people can be a perp.

Yes and the scummiest looking people could be the best parents. I guess we have to look at behaviors more than appearances.

How about bring E and L home fund. Surely, someone could open an account at one of the Evansdale banks.

$1.00 donation with a goal for one million donations!!

Couldn't something like this be set up through the internet for donations.

How about fundraisers right in Evansdale, i.e. dances, bbq's, entertainers.

This would really help the family hire a PI.

Just IMO

I thought they'd already had fund raiser with the money going to family. Someone please correct me if I'm remembering incorrectly.

Also, at this point I don't think many would be in favor of a fund raiser unless it was managed by a professional for specific use in locating the girls. I know I wouldn't. My opinion only.

How about every single retail location in town asks you to round up the tab to the nearest dollar and the change goes to the fund. Everytime, I go to PetSmart I end up giving a dollar to the humane society because I feel bad saying no.

I give so much money to PetSmart for homeless pets. Not because I feel I have to, but because my love for animals is overwhelming. I know off topic.

IN reply to cindersoot question about MN plates If you can find proof of that info regarding MN plates I would like to know... I would call my news stations.If I had facts like that. But really I never read or heard anything like that(MN plates specifically) but someone on this sight said somethin about MN Plates. Ive heard out of state plates .IF that helps or not...

Thank you for your kindness and concern. As you all already know the terrible truth is children who are in lower economic families are more at risk. This is because children in high crime neighbourhoods, social housing or mobile homes are more likely to live near sex offenders and other criminals. Unfortunately most parents don't have the resources to pay for PIs or even time off work. I can't think of anything worse than having my child missing and being unable to do everything I can about it.

Keep in mind that the worst neighbourhood in Iowa would probably make someone from Chicago laugh with disbelief at the low crime rate compared to some Chicago neighbourhoods.

I think the reason why the children of the wealthy are rarely abducted is because the parents can afford to feed their paranoia.

So far as I know, child sexual abuse is no respecter of income levels; 90% of the perpetrators of child sexual abuse are either in the household or well known to the family.

As an example: Rielle Hunter, who has been victimised most of her life, so far as I can see (first by her father, then by the boyfriend who used her in a roman a clef, then by the married guy she thought she had a true spiritual bond with). She came from an extremely wealthy background and it certainly did not protect her.

I thought they'd already had fund raiser with the money going to family. Someone please correct me if I'm remembering incorrectly.

Also, at this point I don't think many would be in favor of a fund raiser unless it was managed by a professional for specific use in locating the girls. I know I wouldn't. My opinion only.

look at the FB pages for the girls, the locals have all kinds of events organized and in the works/fundraisers... I do not know if all are given to the bank fund or what, you'd have to ask...

I agree, managed by a professional firm/public trustee.

I would donate to such a fund, but I agree that this specific fund would be intended to locate the girls and not for the families' use. I don't disagree that the families may need help and DC being self employed with this on his mind may lose income, but this fund would have to be for finding the girls. It would have to be managed by a trustee.

I don't know if this type of fund exists or not.

I believe that MN plates were mentioned [not mine :)]. I have really started to notice the scumbags we have here too, but it is tough to really judge a book by its cover. Went to the county fair last night with the kids and that place always brings out the crowd that I wonder where they are the rest of the year. I noticed this guy with grubby clothes and a couple little girls with him and I found myself starting to watch him and then his wife walks over from the ride ticket window and I all of a sudden notice that he isnt grubby and is wearing an ambercrombie t-shirt and the kids are decked out in aeropostle clothes and when I look at his face again, I realize he is probably a business man that is just wearing a baseball cap to the fair. I think it is the close proximity of IA to MN that has me on edge and seeing things that aren't there.

Doing the same thing here. We have our great fair this week (ends tomorrow) and so far I have not taken my girls. Might have to tomorrow afternoon, just to see the horses. Anyway, whenever I am at something like that I constantly look through the crowds to see if I see a missing child.

Sometimes I think a traveling fair, circus, etc., would be the PERFECT way to take / abuse a child. I know a lot of the workers hit on the teenage girls, I see it. What if they plan a meeting with one girl and she doesn't tell anyone for fear of getting into trouble with her parents, then she meets him and he does his thing, murders her, and off to the next town...No one would suspect him, LE would have no clue he was ever with that child, unless (hopefully) someone saw them talking.

It is hard to not "judge a book by it's cover" I try not to...

Also, I wonder if the MN tags were stolen?

You know, that was one of the absolutely best descriptions of how one's thoughts affects one's perceptions I've ever read. Professional writers included (and I come from the home of the Writer's Workshop).

IN reply to cindersoot question about MN plates If you can find proof of that info regarding MN plates I would like to know... I would call my news stations.If I had facts like that. But really I never read or heard anything like that(MN plates specifically) but someone on this sight said somethin about MN Plates. Ive heard out of state plates .IF that helps or not...

I know I saw that Minnesota plates were seen, Im thinking the Cedar Rapids case.

Evening folks! Just tuning in for the evening. Glad to see y'all still have the light on for Lyric and Elizabeth! :gthanks:

I know as soon as I wake up in the morning I make a beeline to my pc and look for news. When I see there is nothing, my heart breaks.

Enjoying the conversation, but I have again been reminded that I have my own kids to pay attention to. I normally pride myself on being a good dad, but lately have been too consumed in these two girls. Luckily I still have my kids to enjoy. Be back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran