IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if i get verified as a local, then i can talk in depth about the vigil? Or are certain things still off limits for verified people?

Rules still apply. No bashing of the family, ie: their dress, make-up, nail polish, shoes, etc. imo But best to run it by the mods.

From MSM, http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-suspect-dad-missing-iowa-girls-case-family/story?id=16810959

Eight years earlier, in 2003, she (MCM)was sentenced to four years behind bars after she plead guilty to conspiracy to manufacture and distribute methamphetamine. Her sentence was later shortened to five months in prison and one year of supervised release.

According to court papers, Misty played a role in a meth operation run by David Mickelson, her former boss at the BIG Ten Mart in Waterloo, Iowa.

"Cook testified that she obtained pseudoephedrine pills from various people and provided them to Scott Reavis, who used them to make methamphetamine," court records state.

Cook twice purchased case quantities of pseudoephedrine pills from Mickelson – for $1,400 a case – and provided them to Reavis to make meth. Mickelson was convicted of conspiracy to manufacture meth and distribute pseudoephedrine with that intent. He was sentenced to 121 months in jail.

The fact that MSM only served 5 months of a 4 year sentence and she gave them a name of somebody that is currently serving 121 months (10 years), makes me think revenge. Maybe, MSM was still continuing to give names of users and dealers and makers to investigators. Sure, it might be easier and less messy to just off MSM or DM, but taking one's child and another child from another member of the family would definitely get the point across to not only her, but DM and the rest of the family including HC, DC, and TB. Be too messy to have to off the entire clan.

From MSM, http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-suspect-dad-missing-iowa-girls-case-family/story?id=16810959

The fact that MSM only served 5 months of a 4 year sentence and she gave them a name of somebody that is currently serving 121 months (10 years), makes me think revenge. Maybe, MSM was still continuing to give names of users and dealers and makers to investigators. Sure, it might be easier and less messy to just off MSM or DM, but taking one's child and another child from another member of the family would definitely get the point across to not only her, but DM and the rest of the family including HC, DC, and TB. Be too messy to have to off the entire clan.

Good points.

That is not a dog in that picture. It is a picture of a log with a truncated branch sticking out of the end.

Police don't bring dogs and let them run around without supervision or leashes.

I think I better delete that image because if I'm hallucinating and other people also think it's a dog when it's not, then it could lead to confusion.

I wonder if your friend might have worn something different, like a Fentanyl patch perhaps? Those deliver pain medication.

There are other patches one can wear to detect drugs - they are called Sweat Patches. Here's a link about them:
http://www./Sweat-Patch-Drug-Test-10-Pack-P328.aspx

You are correct, it is a Fentanyl patch. I was not aware of a sweat patch to detect drugs. Thank you for the link. I am going to read about them. Because according to MSM,
Both Daniel and Misty have criminal records. In fact, Misty, whose maiden name is Cook, was just released from federal prison on May 30 after being convicted of nine crimes, including illegal drug use, association with persons involved in criminal activity, excessive alcohol use, and failure to comply with drug testing.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-suspect-dad-missing-iowa-girls-case-family/story?id=16810959

I think I better delete that image because if I'm hallucinating and other people also think it's a dog when it's not, then it could lead to confusion.

To me, it looks like there is a long gray log in front of a dark hole or burrow with a dog's butt sticking out...the protrusion being its tail...JMHO...sometimes they do have police dogs running loose btw...a schutzhund is often off leash. I have no idea if that was the case at that time. Could just be an optical illusion as well. MOO

Or it could be a patch to help her quit smoking cigarettes.

Or a giant bandaid.

Of note, my son had Tourette's Syndrome. He was put a patch that contained a very low dose blood pressure medicine (Clonodine). He could not tolerate the patch. Very active and would get sweaty and really made him itchy where the patch would be placed. Interestingly, I just read clonodine patches can be used for nicotine withdrawal. If MSM is trying to quit smoking at a time like this, God Bless her! Quitting smoking is not an easy thing to accomplish.

Yes, I think they are. I can think of three examples where in various footage I have seen family members of other victims have moments of levity or smiling. Mickey Shunick's sister, the Spierers, and Michelle Parker's Mom. None of those moments were ever publicized or published like this though. All of the published pictures are solemn or crying pictures. It is only in long press conferences or interviews do you catch the random lighter moments that never seem to be the focus (understandably so) like with these family members.
I only bring this up because to my knowledge all of these family members of victims are held up as examples of grieving "good" people hurting over their loved ones, yet they all still had the occasional moment which COULD have been twisted if you snapped a picture at the right second. We should be careful to judge based on one picture and one second out of their days especially since it is a choice which picture to use to portray a family.

I think the media and the public have made up their minds that certain members of the family are "trashy" or "low rent", so they must have something to do with the girls' disappearance and everything they say and do is fodder for mean comments.

The media probably didn't publish pics of those other families smiling at vigils and such because they had a feel for public opinion and knew that people found them sympathetic.

JMO. I am quite often wrong! :). I admit that Ed Smart gave me the creeps and I was so sure he had something to do with Elizabeth's disappearance.

Maybe MCM and DM really are not only addicts with criminal records, but bad parents and also guilty of killing their own daughter and niece. I just don't see it.

In my family, we laugh harder at funerals and wakes than almost any other time. We will swap stories about our the deceased and the rest of the clan and will end up laughing until we are crying.

But to my knowledge nobody in my family has ever offed another. :)

Or it could be a patch to help her quit smoking cigarettes.

Or a giant bandaid.

I've worn nicotine patches in the past and they looked nothing like the patch in the photo. They were much smaller and skin-colored. I really think it looks much more like one of those drug testing patches...

ps - been smoke free 10 years this month!

I lost my first husband in a car accident. Several friends that we had in another state came to our home when they were notified of his death. We were sitting around, remembering some of the things he had said and done and there was a great deal of laughter, a lot of it coming from me. That was such a relief for me. Yes, he had passed away and I missed him so much, but the very fact that there was someone there who knew him, who loved him, and had so many funny stories to share was also very healing. I'm sure many people who were there that night thought I was terrible for laughing. I suppose in their minds I should have been sitting in sack cloth and ashes.

In the following weeks and months after his death, I smiled many, many times. I smiled because that is what was expected at that particular moment. However, I'm sure if you had really looked beyond the smile, you would have seen a very broken soul inside.

What you see on the outside is for everybody else. What is on the inside, nobody really knows or understands. There were several times that I literally went inside my closet, shut the door and sat and cried. Nobody ever saw those tears. Nobody ever saw that pain, but it was there.

I know nothing about these people other than what I have read on here, but I'm sure there is hurt, pain, and tears. We just don't see it.

As for the drugs and drinking, when people are addicted, they don't stop when something like this happens. They don't have the capability to stop. I am going out on a limb here and guessing that in fact, it probably increases under these circumstances.

Great post! I concur! I lost my son a little over a year ago.... you can be smiling on the outside, but crying on the inside. This family is in what the expert or experts termed "limbo grief". I cannot imagine not knowing if your family member is still alive or have they passed.... it must be excruciating at times thinking they could be dead and other times you must feel as if there is a good chance your loved could still be alive. I do not pretend to have walked in their shoes for the emotions they must be experiencing.

I've worn nicotine patches in the past and they looked nothing like the patch in the photo. They were much smaller and skin-colored. I really think it looks much more like one of those drug testing patches...

ps - been smoke/nicotine free 10 years this month!

Congratulations! :rocker: :woohoo: I'm not a smoker, but my husband is and at one time he tried the patches. Your description of the nicotine patches matches what I remember when my husband wore them.

Didn't Mr. C say between 12-3 (initially he said 12-1 and wife corrected him)? It makes a difference, because if he did, in fact, see them as early as 12:00, it makes a huge difference in the timeline. Same with gma, who early on said they left after 12, and was corrected, and then went on to say it was 11:30. These are small things that have huge impact on the timeline.

Overall, IMO, the timeline does not work based on what anyone other than the cctv says, and there is even controversy about the 8 minutes....Something is not quite right about all of this. MOO

Right. It was said they asked to go for a bike ride at 11:30. So maybe they did go down by Mr. C's house and he saw them around 12. Then they headed back and were on the cctv at 12:11-12:19 and THEN something happened. I keep going back to either it is not the girls on the cctv or TG did not see the girls bikes. It seems close to impossible for both to be true.

We have tried taking TG out of the timeline - but what if we take the cctv sighting out of the timeline? LE may have put that out there because they know it is NOT the girls on the video and they want someone to come forward. I can't get over the dark colored shirts on the video.

Maybe the girls headed out at 11:30 - ended up down by Mr. C's around noon - headed back home, dropped their bikes in the driveway, and then a couple teens took off on the bikes and ended up at the lake trail where TG saw the bikes but no girls. Those teens would be the ones who had a minor or unintended part in this - and who LE wants to come forward. I cannot explain where the girls are with this scenario because they made it home - but maybe someone known to them pulled up in a car and said it's time to go - hop in.

ETA: It doesn't have to be teens, it could be anyone. The bike Lyric was riding was a mountain bike. So maybe it was an adult and a teen or child. Maybe it was an adult and a 14 or 16 year old kid. Maybe it was a small adult man who looks like a punk kid.

Other than TB talking about LE suggesting that DM was involved somehow during an interview, I don't think anyone has or is implying that MCM or DM "offed" these girls in any way. MOO

Looks like he was out and on probabtion till 2010.

http://www.doc.state.ia.us/OffenderInfo.asp#top

Looks like a baby rhino to me. I can see the horn and collar and it has rabbit like ears!! I can also see a little munchkin/alien sitting on the log to right/center of the circle provided by Otto. He has on light colored boots and is extending his right arm out towards the circle. LOL Many of the posters in Mickey's case saw MANY things in the photo of the DWT...some saw her and bike under the DWT. It was all an illusion. Same here, it's the dirt bank, dug out with erosion and shadows cast upon it. IMO Of course, I don't know anything about dog handlers, but he doesn't seem too focused on the dog and has papers in his hands. If that's a dog, I'll eat a batch of mashed turnips....which I could :puke: just at the mere thought.

That was my exact first thought last night too. Exact.

Hmmmmm.... I'll have one of what you guy are having. There was a weird picture that circulated where Caylee Anthony was found and also a psychic posted a weird picture in Baby Lisa Irwin's case. I could never see what some people were seeing.

Otto, the other pics on the web of the lake area, showing the exact same people does not include any with a dog either. Found them with dates of 7/17 and 7/18. Agree also, it was after the draining of lake had begun.

If it is a dog, which I also initially thought it was, then it is a perfect working dog because it camouflages well..

i was at the vigil. Wow is all I can say. SMH

Aunt T has a patch also. Saw it during a live interview at the lake a couple weeks ago

I have read a lot of wow's about the vigil but no one is saying what that means. It may very well be because it is against TOS. Is that a true statement? Very curious!

I lost my first husband in a car accident. Several friends that we had in another state came to our home when they were notified of his death. We were sitting around, remembering some of the things he had said and done and there was a great deal of laughter, a lot of it coming from me. That was such a relief for me. Yes, he had passed away and I missed him so much, but the very fact that there was someone there who knew him, who loved him, and had so many funny stories to share was also very healing. I'm sure many people who were there that night thought I was terrible for laughing. I suppose in their minds I should have been sitting in sack cloth and ashes.

In the following weeks and months after his death, I smiled many, many times. I smiled because that is what was expected at that particular moment. However, I'm sure if you had really looked beyond the smile, you would have seen a very broken soul inside.

What you see on the outside is for everybody else. What is on the inside, nobody really knows or understands. There were several times that I literally went inside my closet, shut the door and sat and cried. Nobody ever saw those tears. Nobody ever saw that pain, but it was there.

I know nothing about these people other than what I have read on here, but I'm sure there is hurt, pain, and tears. We just don't see it.

As for the drugs and drinking, when people are addicted, they don't stop when something like this happens. They don't have the capability to stop. I am going out on a limb here and guessing that in fact, it probably increases under these circumstances.

I completely agree with everything you said above. However, imo, there is a big difference between losing a loved one, to a tragic death, and having urgently, endangered MISSING children. JMO

When my good friend lost her 7 yr old to cancer, we reminisced and smiled at stories and memories as well. But she had the solace of knowing where her child was buried and what had happened at the end, and that she had done everything to make her as comfortable as she could.

Not the same thing as her girl being missing under mysterious circumstances. Sorry, but I cannot get past the big huge grins and happy smiles at all of the vigils and Mexican restaurants. I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy