IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I missed some stuff with the thread being closed and all.

I think the poster who suggested there may have been a class reunion that someone could have been in town for made a good point. Definitely something worth checking in to.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The class of 1992 at Columbus High School, a private high school, in Waterloo, Iowa had their 20th reunion---July 13-15. The classes of 1967 and 1972 and 1982 of Waterloo West High School had their reunions on July 13 and 14.

Maybe a kid mentioned seeing a stranger in town at the gas station or even at the skate park for that matter.

I hope parents are talking to their kids and listening very carefully. Like I said it could be something very insignificant but it could add up.

One of the reasons I asked in the last thread if this was some sort of state park was that I know that in IA they have to have a pass to get into the area to begin with and that may have been one of the reasons the bikes were left at the gate. People with vehicles would be required to have a state sticker on their front windshield.

Hi, Snowbunny! I'm not sure if your question was answered yet, so... the skateboard park is at the corner of Evansdale Nature Trail and Gilbert Road. It's not right at the park. It is several blocks to the northeast of the lake.

Well, I've got to step out for a bit to meet up with family but I'll be back.

This person(s) may look as normal as the average Joe, but maybe a kid mentioned that someone stopped them on the street looking for directions to a certain place or asked if they had seen a certain pet that they claimed was missing?

Everyone might have the fear of God in them right now and don't want to violate TOS. Or they know that anything they say will for sure violate TOS. Or like me, I wish I had something new to add, but I unfortunately do not.
I've always been told that I have more guts than brains, so I guess I'm with you on the "nothing new to add". Of course, having nothing to say seldom keeps me from talking anyway. :blushing:

If I've been reading things correctly, the lake isn't a place either of the girls frequented and I think a good starting point would be to figure out what might have drawn them to the lake area in the first place. Kids are curious creatures to begin with and it's their nature to want to explore, but if they didn't frequent this area, then there has to be something that drew them there that day; especially if they didn't have a lot of time on their hands to be out and about.
As adults, we sometimes tend to think that kids don't need a reason to do anything, but I agree with you that there must have been something that made them decide to go that day and not on other days.

Looks like I missed some stuff with the thread being closed and all.

I think the poster who suggested there may have been a class reunion that someone could have been in town for made a good point. Definitely something worth checking in to.

I had looked for a high school in Evansdale, but I couldn't find one. I may have to search again now that I'm more awake because I think I may have used "public" high school in my search and there may be orivate schools there.

Another thought that came to mind, has there been any carnivals traveling in the area? Sometimes they have some shady characters running the games and rides.
It seems like every time I think of a new idea lately, you've already come up with it! Keep it up, the only way to come up with the right answer is to first come up with some choices.

I keep going back to Aunt T's statement on NG. She said that the 3 sisters who lived across the street from Lizzie rode their bikes to the lake all of the time, and once Lizzie went along.

I would like to know more about that. Why did the girls ride to that lake all of the time. The only reason I can think of is the skatepark nearby. MY DD always found excuses to ride around near our local skater park when she was that age. Imo, girls that age seek out other kids [ cough *boys* ] when they are out riding around. I am thinking more Lyric than Lizzie, but even 8 yr olds like to go where all of the other kids are usually.

Unfortunately, that's something we may never know. TB seems to be staying out of the limelight now (and understandably so), and I think going and talking to the girls would be one of the worst things any of us could do. I know my friends and I weren't very interested in boys at that age, but I've also known girls that age who were much more than just interested.

The class of 1992 at Columbus High School, a private high school, in Waterloo, Iowa had their 20th reunion---July 13-15. The classes of 1967 and 1972 and 1982 of Waterloo West High School had their reunions on July 13 and 14.

There is a special event that is on my "radar screen". It was held in a town very close to Evansdale. It began the evening of the 13th and went through the 14th. It drew 5000 men (no women) from all over the place. I imagine there were men there from many states, possibly even from other countries. It was one of several national events held this year by a very large men's organization. These events have drawn negative attention in the past while in other cities. One city's attention was particulary harsh after it was revealed by local reporters that the men were leaving the nightly meetings and flooding into local strip club's. That was notable and met with scorn because it is a religious organization.

Lots more I'd love to say about all that, but my theory is pretty crazy. LOL!

p.s. If you happen to guess the organization, please do not write out the name here. I don't want it to come up in any web searches. Yes, I am THAT paranoid about it.

A few things going on that day/weekend. Haven't found any reunions yet.

Jessup Farmers Days
Plainfield Days
Hops & Grapes Event

Here are some more Black Hawk County events I was able to find for that weekend that would have brought in people from other areas:

Professional Wrestling Hall Of Fame Inductions: Waterloo
BLAST Iowa Summer Sizzler: The largest outdoor swim meet in the state, featuring athletes from the Midwest: Waterloo
Waterloo Bucks v. Thunder Bay: Minor league baseball game
Stem & Stein: Food, Beer And Wine Fest: Waterloo
CV Derby Divas Present Masquerade Brawl: Roller Derby Waterloo
Summer PraiseFest 2012: Cedar Falls
Guy Penrod Concert: Cedar Falls
Waterhawks Ski Show: Evansdale

There is a special event that is on my "radar screen". It was held in a town very close to Evansdale. It began the evening of the 13th and went through the 14th. It drew 5000 men (no women) from all over the place. I imagine there were men there from many states, possibly even from other countries. It was one of several national events held this year by a very large men's organization. These events have drawn negative attention in the past while in other cities. One city's attention was particulary harsh after it was revealed by local reporters that the men were leaving the nightly meetings and flooding into local strip club's. That was notable and met with scorn because it is a religious organization.

p.s. If you happen to guess the organization, please do not write out the name here. I don't want it to come up in any web searches. Yes, I am THAT paranoid about it.

Not crazzzy at all we all know that some men have all kinds of problems and that is a large amount of people to find all kinds of wierdos in it.
Even in religios organizations! Some of them hide behind it!

I've always been told that I have more guts than brains, so I guess I'm with you on the "nothing new to add". Of course, having nothing to say seldom keeps me from talking anyway. :blushing:

As adults, we sometimes tend to think that kids don't need a reason to do anything, but I agree with you that there must have been something that made them decide to go that day and not on other days.

I had looked for a high school in Evansdale, but I couldn't find one. I may have to search again now that I'm more awake because I think I may have used "public" high school in my search and there may be orivate schools there.

It seems like every time I think of a new idea lately, you've already come up with it! Keep it up, the only way to come up with the right answer is to first come up with some choices.

Unfortunately, that's something we may never know. TB seems to be staying out of the limelight now (and understandably so), and I think going and talking to the girls would be one of the worst things any of us could do. I know my friends and I weren't very interested in boys at that age, but I've also known girls that age who were much more than just interested.

BBM

Oh LORD NO. I was never ever meaning to imply that anyone of us should go anywhere near them. NEVER. I was just wondering what it was that attracted the girls to that lake since Aunt T said they rode there ' all of the time.' It just seemed like an odd destination since there are more exciting places to go and ride and see other kids and have things to do.

BBM

Oh LORD NO. I was never ever meaning to imply that anyone of us should go anywhere near them. NEVER. I was just wondering what it was that attracted the girls to that lake since Aunt T said they rode there ' all of the time.' It just seemed like an odd destination since there are more exciting places to go and ride and see other kids and have things to do.

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that you were thinking about talking to them. I was just saying why we'll probably never know.

Is it the S P F and did it take place in C. Fa!!s ?

Not crazzzy at all we all know that some men have all kinds of problems and that is a large amount of people to find all kinds of wierdos in it.
Even in religios organizations! Some of them hide behind it!

Several years ago, due to personal reasons, I did a lot of research on this group. They are a "Christian" group but their practices are drawn from all religions. Many of the things that they do and esteem are "pagan" in nature. And, by "pagan" I mean that some members participate in certain ancient rituals and oaths. Some of the things that they write about and encourage men to do are based in ritualism. I found out back then that some members show a special reverence for Friday the 13ths. Some members have called it a Day of the Lord. They have 5 national events scheduled for 2012. A few weeks ago, on nothing but a whim I decided to take a look at their calendar as I was remembering learning how some of them view Friday the 13ths. I did that and when I found out that one of those events was held very near (within minutes) Evansdale, I couldn't believe the coincidence. 5 events in the whole country for the whole year and that week-end they are near Evansdale.

And before someone reminds me that religious discussion isn't welcome on this board, let me just say that this isn't a religious discussion. It is just one idea that I have about a potential perp. :)

Feelings, based on nothing.

A few days ago a poster (sorry, I don't remember who) talked about being the aunt in the family that everyone thought was weird but learned to lisiten when she said something was going to happen. I'm that aunt in my family. Weird but often right about things she can't know.

That said, this photo freaks me out. I don't think its the boat, maybe the leaning dock but my strongest reaction is to the walkway behind the paddleboat. I have no clue who owns these properties, but I just FEEL our girls were here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25117&d=1343591096

I don't think Lizzie had much interest in boys yet. But Lyric was just enough older and she had an older cousin that she spent a lot of time with, who was interested in boys. So I think she may have been beginning to take an interest. And I think she would have been someone who could have been lured by a perp who pretended to take an interest in her. JMO

Is it the S P F and did it take place in C. Fa!!s ?

I don't know what that is, so it must not be. This group is very popular in many churches, so I don't want to offend anyone who may associate with them. But, I really did do A LOT of research on this group and they are not what some think. They are VERY popular in the Vineyard churches. In fact, the men who founded the organization are from Vineyard churches. But, they are ecumenical, meaning they consider themselves to be "non-denominational".

I don't know what that is, so it must not be. This group is very popular in many churches, so I don't want to offend anyone who may associate with them. But, I really did do A LOT of research on this group and they are not what some think. They are VERY popular in the Vineyard churches. In fact, the men who founded the organization are from Vineyard churches. But, they are ecumenical, meaning they consider themselves to be "non-denominational".

OK gotcha. googled it and got PKers. Interesting.

P / K in CF? I've never heard of it until today but I can see where it could possibly bring shady characters into town...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member