IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys. I don't have anything to say either. Just sad in the middle of the night and no one else is here and I have to logoff. Feels like I'm leaving our girls all alone in the dark. Sad.

Yeah...this is so frustrating...

Cannot even fathom how the families or LE feel at this point...

Makes me want to start some new kind of brain-storming from a different angle...but....yah...running out of thoughts...

Other than, why not publicize more nationally ?? like the ICE case trying to identify that boy on the video?...or at least to Chicago where that other case was traced from Iowa to Chicago (seemingly unrelated)...

I just pray that LE has their suspect and are holding info close to the vest, because as much as I hate to admit it...I just feel like the more days go by the colder this case feels.

For us to really discuss any other options I feel LE is going to have to release another tidbit of info. Not sure if they can, as it could potentially hinder a case but I just can't explore anymore options with what we've been given by LE.

I'm kind of local so I do know more facts that haven't been released by LE, and I have friends who are police officers so I know their opinion but I can't discuss them here.

Regardless, no matter what people know or believe it clearly isn't enough for LE to make an arrest. So sad how my hope for these girls return (even if not alive) dwindles every day. :(

Is there anyone who is knowledgable of DC's business? I'm interested in knowing if he only has regular employees (provided he has employees) of if he hires extra people to him help him as needed. If he hires extra people on "as needed" are they usually the same individuals or does it vary? Also, does anyone know how far from Evansdale he travels to do jobs? I think I remember it being said that Elizabeth's mother would sometimes take the children to wherever he was working to have lunch with him and I'm wondering if Elizabeth might have had a conversation with someone at one of these places who became fixated on her.

I just pray that LE has their suspect and are holding info close to the vest, because as much as I hate to admit it...I just feel like the more days go by the colder this case feels.

For us to really discuss any other options I feel LE is going to have to release another tidbit of info. Not sure if they can, as it could potentially hinder a case but I just can't explore anymore options with what we've been given by LE.

I'm kind of local so I do know more facts that haven't been released by LE, and I have friends who are police officers so I know their opinion but I can't discuss them here.

Regardless, no matter what people know or believe it clearly isn't enough for LE to make an arrest. So sad how my hope for these girls return (even if not alive) dwindles every day. :(

It would be helpful to have a clue as to whether LE is thinking drug-world related or SO related. I wonder what they need in order to make an arrest, i.e., an item of evidence to link specifically to someone or just plain old evidence in general that is lacking. There is a person out there walking around on the streets that has not been caught. I'm just hoping they come up with something before the perp(s) act again. MOO

As with the people of Evansdale, life goes on.

Many of us are waiting and hoping for a resolution to this kidnapping ... we haven't stopped caring. I think we all now know that the outcome of this kidnapping is not going to be Disneyland or some kind of sale to a brothel. I think that this is a body search. The discussion seems to be a bit repetitive recently ... perhaps because more people are looking into the case and questioning what really happened.

Off Topic ... even the people of Evansdale have to go forward with their lives. One of these is mine.

oneofthesebelongstome_zpsb4f2c4fa.jpg

As with the people of Evansdale, life goes on.

Many of us are waiting and hoping for a resolution to this kidnapping ... we haven't stopped caring. I think we all now know that the outcome of this kidnapping is not going to be Disneyland or some kind of sale to a brothel. I think that this is a body search. The discussion seems to be a bit repetitive recently ... perhaps because more people are looking into the case and questioning what really happened.

Off Topic ... even the people of Evansdale have to go forward with their lives. One of these is mine.

oneofthesebelongstome_zpsb4f2c4fa.jpg

O/T - that looks awesome!

Is there anyone who is knowledgable of DC's business? I'm interested in knowing if he only has regular employees (provided he has employees) of if he hires extra people to him help him as needed. If he hires extra people on "as needed" are they usually the same individuals or does it vary? Also, does anyone know how far from Evansdale he travels to do jobs? I think I remember it being said that Elizabeth's mother would sometimes take the children to wherever he was working to have lunch with him and I'm wondering if Elizabeth might have had a conversation with someone at one of these places who became fixated on her.

One never knows what may lurk in evil minds. If this was a random opportunistic stranger abduction, the perp would only have had a handful of days to notice Elizabeth's and Lyric's daily bike riding pattern.

Maybe a nearby store clerk who sold them gum or soda pop? Maybe a mail carrier who was on Brovan every day? Maybe a boater who talked the girls into going on a boat ride on the river? So many possibilities--with, unfortunately, bad endings. Mind boggling.

So I watched 2 hours of NBC Thursday night. NBC is the channel that shows the commercial with Elizabeth's parents. So first, I watched 1 1/2 hours of regular NBC and I didn't see the commercial. This was during the premiere of Up All Night, The Office, and Parks & Rec, so primetime viewing. I was doing other things at the same time, so I might have missed it, though. Then, I decided to watch Cheers on this channel called ME-TV which is either owned/ran by NBC, and I saw the commercial.

I will be watching NBC every Thursday from 8-9, so I will see how often they show the commercial in that time-slot. I definitely think it would be best if the commercial is shown multiple times between 7-10 Monday-Thursday because that is primetime viewing. The Voice is NBC's highest-rated show, so getting the commercial on the air during that time would reach a lot of people.

(BTW, I know the commercial is only shown to people in Eastern Iowa...Just wanted to make that clear since I think my post can seem like I think it's shown nationally).

I don't think LE would let out any info that even a local might know. I still feel they have a suspect but just not enough evidence.

Thank you to Considering for identifying the names of each of the businesses in the Evansdale strip mall. I have mapped them below.

The reason for doing this is that there is the possibility that someone befriended the two girls prior to their abduction. It's possible that this happened around the strip mall, as that is where their grandmother last saw them riding their bikes. I got the impression from interviews with their grandmother that it was quite common for them to ride the loop around the mall and then back to their street.

evansdale_strip_mall_zps8cccf0ce.jpg

I don't think LE would let out any info that even a local might know. I still feel they have a suspect but just not enough evidence.

I agree with you. I believe LE has a suspect or suspects in mind, and are either waiting for that person/persons to make a mistake (i.e., telling someone about it), waiting for an accomplice to spill his/her guts to LE, and/or waiting for the accumulation of enough evidence for an arrest. JMO

ETA: I lurk here in the early morning hours when the insomnia strikes.

What do you think about the theory there is a large undercover investigation going on?

(Thought of something to say :)).

What do you think about the theory there is a large undercover investigation going on?

Thanks for thinking of something to discuss! The last time I came up a discussion topic (remember the pig/hog farm discussions?), it wasn't all that productive.

Regarding the undercover investigation, I think that could really be possible. I have a lot more to say, but have to leave now to go grocery shopping:banghead:

What do you mean by undercover investigation?

Cops/FBI agents in street clothes, cops/FBI agents disguised as maintenance workers or delivery truck drivers?

It sounds as if a fair amount of investigation, such as watching surveillance tapes, is going on behind closed doors and in the DCI lab.

What am I missing? What do you mean by undercover?

But in any case, I so don't want to hear that their bodies have been found in a cornfield or deep in the woods.

I would consider that a possibility. I thought that when two of the most wanted on the Black Hawk County She riff's office were recently captured. They both had warrants for meth related offenses. They were captured in FL and one was brought back to Waterloo, then the other was released. I found that to be interesting...release someone from a federal offense/warrant?

Now, I don't know that they had/have any relationship w/ DM, but it is not that large of a town.

Kudos for thinking of something to say!

In general, only two things come to my mind when I hear "large undercover investigation" ... one relates to drugs and the other to child predators. IMO, such undercover operations are pretty much ongoing on federal, state, and local levels.

I would expect that local LE has/is exploring both of the above operations in this case.

Unfortunately, I don't have an opinion as to whether or not LE, in this case, has "hit on a hot lead" while exploring undercover operations. (I hate it when I don't have an opinion...Grrrh...)

I would consider that a possibility. I thought that when two of the most wanted on the Black Hawk County She riff's office were recently captured. They both had warrants for meth related offenses. They were captured in FL and one was brought back to Waterloo, then the other was released. I found that to be interesting...release someone from a federal offense/warrant?

Now, I don't know that they had/have any relationship w/ DM, but it is not that large of a town.

Hmm...that is very curious. Off the top of my head only two possible explanations come to mind. #1 - perhaps one turned state's evidence or #2 - perhaps one was an undercover officer! (:

Lost my internet connection for 6 days & see i have missed a great deal of posts. Wow i dont know when i will catch up with the case.....working working working.

i did get an email back stating they would give my information to the Case Agent;

Also got a phone call (message) friday from the DCI and will be returning the call to them next week. I dont know whether its concerning the girls, the RSO, or both.

At least i know they are taking all tips seriously.

Prayers for the girls!

Off to work i go.....

Artzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads