IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Is this in Bremer County? I haven't heard 7 Bridges Park Wildlife Area mentioned before. TIA

ETA: Never mind, I just looked it up.

http://www.mycountyparks.com/county/Bremer/Park/Seven-Bridges-Wildlife-Area.aspx

Yes, it is...I don't know how to do the google map to copy it here. Google 7 bridges park bremer county iowa and you will see the map. You can see where that lane goes allllll the way up the side of that field and actually the trees are full so you can't see how far up that lane actually goes. It's one lane in and out...you could be there all damn day at the end of that lane and no one would probably ever know unless someone drove down there as there are no houses close enough to see anything going on.

It is a camping area though (primitive my husband believes...so maybe no power?) so it wouldn't be unlikely for a camper/people to be down there in July.

Based on aerial map view,I am going to speculate the woods that the Wapsipinicon River runs through, to the east of Readlyn, by about 2 miles. 42.7021, -92.1764
There is also woods along Crane Creek, which appears about 2 & a half miles to the NW of Readlyn. 42.7260, -92.2738
The Readlyn area is app.20 miles north of Evansdale.

Does that sound accurate Ollipop? As far as wooded areas that might be where hunting is allowed?

My sympathy to you and your family and community.
May the perp(s) be caught!

Many local farmers also give hunters access to their land, and hunting is forbidden in many public areas, so I can't speculate. The scanner thread seems to point to a specific area, but near Readlyn is what I've heard as well.

This confirms to me that the person or persons responsible for the deaths of these angels is a local.

I agree.

We never did figure out where Misty took the girls swimming, did we?

It was a lake, not Meyers, but did we ever know which one they went to?

I think you are referring to when Tammy said they went swimming often at George Wyth State Park. There is a lake there, with a beach. We went there quite a bit this summer as well.

Question for sleuths who might know anything about forensics. If the bodies lay in the woods since last July, what would the decomp be? Iowa was very hot so I would think all they found were skeletal.

The air was hot but the ground isn't ever as hot as the air. Particularly not in wooded areas, where the ground is shaded.

My totally uneducated guess is that bodies that were lying in contact with the ground would still have some tissue left on them, particularly the parts of the bodies in direct contact with the ground.

I guess what I meant was, how much of the skeletal remains would be present. That is if animals were not involved in carrying some away. Would the whole skeleton remain.?

I think that's hard to answer, since we don't know where/how the girls were found. Were they just out in the woods, or wrapped in something, or placed in barrels, or in a shack or hut in the woods? We don't know exactly how the hunters found them, at least not yet. JMO

so, why did LE say no one else was in danger at the time?
If it is in fact the girls and they were murdered, I would quite concerned.

Because 99% of the time that is what LE always says. Just like they said they thought they were alive and imo they knew they were not. The odds were against these girls from the moment they were abducted. No one knew that better than the FBI. I suppose they said the girls were alive because they had no tangible proof they were dead and it would give the families a glimmer of hope to hang on to....

But LE rarely warns the community when a murderer and possible pedo is on the loose. The only case I remember where it did happen recently was in Jessica Ridgeway's case and imo the reason they did that was he not only had raped and murdered her but he had dismembered her body.

Never did it once in the Jessica Lunsford case nor many others that had a pedophile running loose in communities. :(

IMO

Cinder, you asked about the girls bodies being out in the woods for a long time. I'll try to remember to post info on that tomorrow. I don't want to tonight. I hope the girls hold the clue to who harmed them. Sad.

I'm wondering how much evidence they can get off skeletal remains. Dna, fibers etc.

Not what I expected to see when checking the news this afternoon. Sad, sad way for this to end. May the families find peace and comfort in their love for each other and their faith in their God. R.I.P. Elizabeth and Lyric.

Nancy Newhoff ‏@NancyNewhoff
A lot of police activity in Bremer County near 7 Bridges Park #evansdalesearch

30m Nancy Newhoff ‏@NancyNewhoff
Vigil planned at 6:30 p.m. at Meyer's Lake #evansdalesearch. The families have been seen at their church, but are requesting privacy

https://twitter.com/NancyNewhoff

This ^ is why I love Websleuths. Info

I am from Bremer County - now living in Black Hawk County- and I can assure you that there are many areas that are wooded in heavy timber which is quite suitable for hunting. In fact, 150 years ago the area used to be referred to as "Big Woods".

Deer prefer edge habitat, on the edge between wooded areas and open areas. Judging by the satellite photos of Bremer County, it looks like the sort of place where there are lots of deer. So does the fact that the quota for antlerless deer is 1000 in Bremer County, which is pretty high for northern Iowa.

Okay, who am I fooling? Deer most prefer GARDENS. And they love pulling up and eating the prettiest or most expensive stuff in the garden, then they like to browse the shrubs and young trees to death. But aside from gardens, they prefer edge habitat.

I haven't followed this case as closely as most of you have but since joining WS earlier this year, I have checked in and lurked on Elizabeth and Lyric's thread daily to see if there was any updates.

I am deeply and truly saddened to do my routine check in today and discover that the girls may have been found deceased. I had always held hope in my heart that they would be found alive, even after so many months. I just have no words. I can now only hope that Justice prevails and the sicko who took these beautiful girls lives, is caught and never to be released back in to society.

The girls will tell the story now.

:heartbeat: Elizabeth and Lyric :heartbeat: I pray that you are both at peace and watching over your families like the beautiful angels you now are.
My deepest condolences and prayers go out to the Cook and Collins' families. :rose:

Yes, it is...I don't know how to do the google map to copy it here. Google 7 bridges park bremer county iowa and you will see the map. You can see where that lane goes allllll the way up the side of that field and actually the trees are full so you can't see how far up that lane actually goes. It's one lane in and out...you could be there all damn day at the end of that lane and no one would probably ever know unless someone drove down there as there are no houses close enough to see anything going on.

It is a camping area though (primitive my husband believes...so maybe no power?) so it wouldn't be unlikely for a camper/people to be down there in July.

That park is pretty remote. You would have to have been there previously or be a local to the area to find/know of 7 Bridges Park.
It is not like it is right off an interstate or highway with significant visibility.
This also helps narrow down the possibilities.

Also would like to know where the cell phone tower is and calls made that day from that area.

Less than 20 sex offenders in that county. I know it can be anyone, but should not be too difficult to find out where they all were that day.

Nancy Newhoff ‏@NancyNewhoff
A lot of police activity in Bremer County near 7 Bridges Park #evansdalesearch

30m Nancy Newhoff ‏@NancyNewhoff
Vigil planned at 6:30 p.m. at Meyer's Lake #evansdalesearch. The families have been seen at their church, but are requesting privacy

https://twitter.com/NancyNewhoff

My thoughts and prayers are with both of these families.

I cant begin to comprehend the pain and deep sadness they are feeling.

All hope is gone now and the reality is so hard to endure.

God bless them all.

So this means Iowa has a serial killer on the loss.

To be a serial killer they have to kill three or more and do each murder at different times.

We know we have a double murderer on the loose.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member