IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Great maps!

Is it just me, or does it seem like an awful long distance to "carry" TWO bodies? Is this area common for ATV's, horses, or some other means of carrying bodies to that location? I remember these modes of transportation being discussed as the way to get the girls from Meyers Lake where the bikes were found through the woods around Maiden Lane. Something about the similar denseness and remoteness of both locations sparks my interest.

COnfident that the bodies are Lyric and Elizabeth but forensic confirmation not completed yet.

I knew this what what they were going to say, but it still really hurts hearing it again. :cry:

4:00pm Press Conference

My thoughts in parenthesis.

Rick Abben, Tony Thompson, (missed rest of names)

News release

Investigation continues on the two bodies, at approx 12:45 hunters discovered two bodies at 7 bridges. Park will be closed until Monday. Confident the bodies are Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins. Once results are done and notification to family, will notify media.

The duration of the search in the area may last several days, by several agencies.

New leads continue to come in, in the investigation of the disappearance of the girls. Anyone with information in the case or saw anything in the seven bridges area, should be reported. Phone numbers & email given. Reward still available, donations still be accepted.

police are confident that bodies are the little girls. not positively ID'd yet.

COnfident that the bodies are Lyric and Elizabeth but forensic confirmation not completed yet.

I was still holding out hope that they were still alive.

One thing I hate about hunting season...so many crime victims' remains are found.

time elapse problem?

Answer: we will gather whatever out there

Q: How knew E and L?

A: we have no one else missing
bodies were smaller in stature

we considered it an abduction at the time...but we are relying on ME at this time

Not "creepy" about the location, "creepy" about the conversation back in July and the tweeters discussing about going there to search and the references made by the craigslist guy!.

I think it should be called in too, if u try and read the last tweet it looks like it says the Craigslist guy says it needs to be checked out or something like that. Is there only the one Craigslist guy ? Anyone remember the stuff about him in the early threads ?.. Can someone call it in?

Last news conference until something more available

This picture makes it look like the perp(s) had to walk far from the road to place them there.

aerialsearch680f.jpg

http://thegazette.com/2012/12/06/bremer-county-sheriff-confirms-bodies-were-found-in-wildlife-area/

For locals: Would the water level have been higher at the time the girls went missing? Is it possible they were actually IN the water and then as the water level dropped....ended up on the shore?

I really hate Abben's pc's. Absolutely no info! So frustrating!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I didn't get to transcribe the question and answer session, I should have given the kids ice cream while I did it. Who knew they'd need hugs, monster trucks and for me to see the mermaid. Sorry.

Basically they are waiting for the medical examiner to finish. They will not hold any more press conferences until they have more information.

Abben once again lacking info. Seems to me that they knew right away that the bodies were the girls. So there had to be clothing or something that lead them to know that right away. Makes me wonder how long the bodies were there.

That was a whole lot of nothing..I wonder will this case ever be solved..

Abben did say the families have not viewed the bodies nor do they have any reason to at this time. He also said they concluded it was the girls because there were two of them and they don't have anyone else missing at this time and because of the small stature. The ME had not positively id'd them. No other pressers scheduled.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

i keep wondering if the perp carried smaller elizabeth in first and then carried lyric, who was over twice as heavy as elizabeth and got tired? can't tell where the road is or who was found where but i keep trying to come up with reasons they weren't put together...hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member