IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that river deep enough to walk through while carrying something fairly heavy? If so the perp may have entered the water quite a ways downstream and carried the bodies, this way to leave no tracks or hints as to a point of entry or exit.

Let me clarify, if the water was more than waist deep a 145 pound or so body would be MUCH lighter to carry that far.
Good point. Maybe in a non-drought year, it might be waist deep, but definitely not now or this past summer.

Dan definitely had a girlfriend at the time the girls went missing. She is a young, attractive, African-American woman. If you look at his Facebook page, she is one of his friends and you'll be able to easily spot her from my description. She has a pick-up truck and let him use it whenever she was at work.

So this is FB information and not from msm?

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Whats-Next-in-Missing-Girls-Investigation-182603861.html

It’s unknown how long the bodies were in the park or what condition they were in, but Martin said finding DNA evidence of the killer will be tough in this wooded swampy area

I grew up in southern Wisconsin and we lived on wooded acreage with a deep "crick" running through it. The low lying ground was often wet and you could not walk or drive through it or you would get stuck or too muddy. Different times of the year of course it was dry enough to walk and drive on.

So, I am guessing the bodies were found in a low lying wet area. Kind of hints to me that possibly it was dry when the bodies were left there.

jmo

This is sad, Elizabeth and Lyric were cousins, friends, kidnapped and died together. It would be so nice if everything could be for both of them.
There must be allot of blame or tension between the sisters now. :(

Sometimes there's a twin type thing going on where it is too easy to make everything about the twins as a unit rather than give them individual things.

Elizabeth and Lyric weren't biologically twins, obviously, but in the last five months they have been treated as though they were in many respects. I don't fault the families for wanting these last incredibly sad and private ceremonies to be individual.

As for blame between the sisters, I hope not. I keep remembering a photo from last fall, maybe September, of the three sisters together, smiling with their arms around each other and how tenderly Heather was looking at Misty. I really hope that foundation of love and tenderness for each other helps them deal with this.

In the end, it is the love we give to others that matters, nothing else.

Correct Grainne, it is considered rumor. We can find no reference of it in msm and it does not come via a verified insider.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Whats-Next-in-Missing-Girls-Investigation-182603861.html

I grew up in southern Wisconsin and we lived on wooded acreage with a deep "crick" running through it. The low lying ground was often wet and you could not walk or drive through it or you would get stuck or too muddy. Different times of the year of course it was dry enough to walk and drive on.

So, I am guessing the bodies were found in a low lying wet area. Kind of hints to me that possibly it was dry when the bodies were left there.

jmo

It looks kind of dried out now?

Found it ... in the NG transcripts. The cousin that Lyric was with when she was late returning home (4 days prior to abduction) was Tammy's daughter, who was 11 years old. There are several references to that cousin being 14 years old, but that is a mistake.:

BROUSSEAU: I`m so convinced because, like you said, their shoes should have been there. They would have kicked their shoes off. They knew that they should have been home at a certain time. They knew, you know, at this hour, it had been too long. They had been gone from home too long.

Just a week prior to this incident, my 11-year-old and Lyric out in my neighborhood had taken off, and my daughter knows that I only allow her to go a few blocks. We have a popsicle lady out there who hands out popsicles...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

AHA! Okay, that seems to be a definitive source. Thank you.

I think "charges related to kidnapping" is appropriate. I believe the other sex-related charges came later, and the kidnapping was either dismissed or, as you said, there was a plea bargain. JMO

If they're for separate incidents, I'd like to know the location where the second incident happened.

It looks kind of dried out now?

From my experience it can "look" perfectly dry but it is the ground underneath that is wet. You don't know until you step into it.

Normally it would be dry this time of year because the ground would be frozen. Depending on the current temps and recent rainfall that could vary.

I don't live in Wisconsin anymore but the conditions would be similar in Iowa as to what I am describing I believe.

jmo

That was how I remembered it. The same KB whose mother reported some older guy for sending her *advertiser censored* about a month after Elizabeth and Lyric disappeared.

That is what I remember, too. And forgive me if this is incorrect, but didn't the call about the older guy originate from the a convenience store of the same chain that Misty worked for, just another location? I just seem to recall that the store was somehow tied to the police report about this guy.

That was how I remembered it. The same KB whose mother reported some older guy for sending her *advertiser censored* about a month after Elizabeth and Lyric disappeared.

Ack! Every time I think I have this bit of info nailed down.

Someone (maybe hollyblue?) posted aunt TB in a video stating it was her 11 year old I though in the first few pages this thread.

Lordy, if we do get this estalished once and for all I swear I'm going to tag it as such.

I just got back from taking my inconsiderate BF to the ER due to back problems. And he KNEW I was busy on WS!!

Anyway, here's something you may or may not want to include on the map. CMF works for Tyson Foods in Waterloo. I found this in the public records where payment of $30 per month is taken out of his paycheck for fines/restitution, and the info was current as of 9/2012.

Here is the address I found: 501 N Elk Run Rd, Waterloo, IA, 50703-9471

And to appease our wonderful mods, here is a link to the public record:

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm

ETA: At the top of the page there oare several options, if you click on "Filings" you'll find this info.
Awesome work finding this!

Somewhere I read that "there was no attempt to conceal the bodies", and i believe that was from the hunters. That they were out in the open on the ground.

Squeeze, per my info the hunters have not made a public statement. Do you have a link?

Where was CMF's sex offense(s) committed in 2005? Could that be added to the map?

I just got back from taking my inconsiderate BF to the ER due to back problems. And he KNEW I was busy on WS!!
Anyway, here's something you may or may not want to include on the map. CMF works for Tyson Foods in Waterloo. I found this in the public records where payment of $30 per month is taken out of his paycheck for fines/restitution, and the info was current as of 9/2012.

Here is the address I found: 501 N Elk Run Rd, Waterloo, IA, 50703-9471

And to appease our wonderful mods, here is a link to the public record:

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm

ETA: At the top of the page there are several options, if you click on "Filings" you'll find this info.

Did you even stop the car, or just slow down long enough to push him out? :D

Squeeze, per my info the hunters have not made a public statement. Do you have a link?

No you're right, they haven't. I think this was part of Rick Abbens press conference or it was his quote to the paper. I cant paste a link from my kindle at least at the moment.

Also in the Courier, there was an article in yesterdays paper regarding social media. There is a strong facebook group that is behind pretty much everything you see publicly about awareness of the girls. Fundraisers, etc. Anyway I know that they would not allow a public service for Lyric to NOT happen. So just rest assured that it will happen, and she will honored in her own right.

Sometimes there's a twin type thing going on where it is too easy to make everything about the twins as a unit rather than give them individual things.

Elizabeth and Lyric weren't biologically twins, obviously, but in the last five months they have been treated as though they were in many respects. I don't fault the families for wanting these last incredibly sad and private ceremonies to be individual.

As for blame between the sisters, I hope not. I keep remembering a photo from last fall, maybe September, of the three sisters together, smiling with their arms around each other and how tenderly Heather was looking at Misty. I really hope that foundation of love and tenderness for each other helps them deal with this.

In the end, it is the love we give to others that matters, nothing else.

You're right that Lyric and Elizabeth have been almost a single unit. That's why I understand Heather's desire to honor her daughter as an individual and not just part of the "two missing cousins" who were killed.

I certainly hope there is no blame going on in the family, because they need to be able to love and comfort one another now and in the future. Their families have been devastated, children have lost their siblings and life will be forever changed. They'll need to lean on each other for strength.

I've always had to be the strong one in my family, and I know there are times when you just can't be that rock any longer. From my viewpoint, Heather appears to be the rock in her family. I hope when she needs it, someone will be there to hold her up. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz