IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, remember I told you about this man I know that was questioned by police early after the girl's bodies were discovered? Two days ago, he asked if anyone wanted a couple of free phones. I asked , "What's that?" And he said it's those government freebies, he doesn't need it because he's going to prison soon. One is his, and the other was somebody elses, whatever that means. :waitasec: Ewwww... it really COULD be anybody, and if he knows whoever did it, and it's one of those phones.. double EWWWW!!! Man, it's not easy being a local, everyone is suspect. :what: So, for sure nothing is traceable with those phones? :waitasec:

And so, why is he going to prison?? Or has it been asked and answered??

Nope, those throwaway phones are traceable in that they ping just like any cell phone and those pings can be used to locate that cell phone.

The problem is in linking a given throwaway cell phone to a particular person. It's just like anything else bought with cash; unless there is surveillance footage showing the person buying the phone or a receipt is found in that person's possession, it's difficult to link the person to the phone.

And... if I were you, I'd definitely call LE. That just sounds really sketchy.

But if its a "free government" phone, I'm guessing there is a record of who it belongs too??

Thinking back to when the girls were in the kitchen and poured out a couple of glasses of juice. And then they leave them and go out for a ride, without drinking them? On a warm day?

And what about lunch? Two healthy girls riding around on a warm day are going to get hungry and this was lunchtime. It takes only a few moments to down at least a drink of juice. Why did they leave their juice?

Did they see someone or something outside the house that got their attention, so asked to go for a ride, without drinking the juice, ride off, following this person?

I raised 2 kids and never did they leave cold drinks on the counter on a warm day to drink later. I wonder if someone, or something, seen from the kitchen window, lured the girls out and onto the bikes?

Hmm... actually, for what it's worth, I was supporting you... :blushing:

No, I know you were. I was referring to the others who jumped on my statement that they weren't real firefighters. I appreciate the support.

When I referred you to otto's post, I hadn't yet seen the link. I was referring to his FIRST post, which he just cut and pasted, that said nothing about search and rescue.

I'm just saying -- maybe it is very different in rural areas. I admittedly have never lived in one. I have lived in 2 big cities my entire life - Cleveland for 19 years and LA for 19 years. And in both these places, fire fighters would never be called to aid in looking for missing children. I called my dad (a career firefighter) to verify this. He said the only time firefighters would assist is if the children went missing in a wilderness area (like they were hiking in the mountains around LA & got lost). But if there is any suspicion of abduction - the firefighters would never assist. The police immediately go into action, put up the choppers, seal the area, bring out the dogs, etc.

It they use the same methods there, it proves my point - They had NO idea this was an abduction at first. The family was pleading with them to call it one and they refused.

If they dont use the same method there, and even if it is considered appropriate and they have the world's best trained volunteer fire fighters -- They still took a day (or more?) to bring in the dogs, they let Tammy be at the crime scene to watch. They did not seal off the whole lake area. We have lots of footage of people at the lake giving interviews and watching while it was drained. They didn't declare it an abduction for a FREAKING WEEK! To me, those are huge errors that could have interfered with the investigation and with solving the crime.

Anyway, I did understand what you were saying, and thanks!! :blushing:

Who is the victim in that case?

Gee family murders in Beason, IL. Two adults and 3 children....and the youngest, #4, was three at the time. She miraculously survived the brutal bludgeoning, but will have lasting affects from it. We think she was laying there between 12-16 hours before they were all found. :( The oldest daughter of the father (not one of the vics) was married to one of the brothers, but they were not living together at the time. They even went to the hospital together to see the little girl...and he attended the funeral for his victims.

Nope, those throwaway phones are traceable in that they ping just like any cell phone and those pings can be used to locate that cell phone.

The problem is in linking a given throwaway cell phone to a particular person. It's just like anything else bought with cash; unless there is surveillance footage showing the person buying the phone or a receipt is found in that person's possession, it's difficult to link the person to the phone.

unless there are finger prints on it -

Thinking back to when the girls were in the kitchen and poured out a couple of glasses of juice. And then they leave them and go out for a ride, without drinking them? On a warm day?

And what about lunch? Two healthy girls riding around on a warm day are going to get hungry and this was lunchtime. It takes only a few moments to down at least a drink of juice. Why did they leave their juice?

Did they see someone or something outside the house that got their attention, so asked to go for a ride, without drinking the juice, ride off, following this person?

I raised 2 kids and never did they leave cold drinks on the counter on a warm day to drink later. I wonder if someone, or something, seen from the kitchen window, lured the girls out and onto the bikes?

or ... they had a prior appointment Grandma didn't know about ? and still
doesn't know about ?

That would require a conspiracy involving Grandma Wylma and Elizabeth's three siblings at the very least. While adults can hold out against LE interrogation, I just can't see a 6 year old being able to keep a secret while being interrogated.

Heck, Art Linkletter had a whole schtick built on asking young children a simple question: "What did your parents tell you not to say today?" And invariably the child would reel off whatever it was the parents told them not to say.

I'm certain that Elizabeth's siblings corroborated Grandma Wylma's account.

Kids Say The Darndest Things. I remember this from my childhood. It was hysterical. Art could get those kids to say it all.

Had to add: title, Kids Say the Darndest Things - ART LINKLETTER - YouTube

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/18/ijvm.01.html

But in the above transcript Tammy states:

So was she allowed to go and hang out with him? And no. Grandma has temporary custody of Dillon and Lyric. And so Lyric was living with Grandma, you know. We wouldn`t allow Lyric to be around that situation.

So maybe she had phone contact with him, but according to Tammy she lived with Grandma.

However, we also know that in the same sense Dillin was also under the custody of Grandma yet he was with Dan at Dan's mother's house napping the day they went missing.

From reading this statement I can only concur they allowed Dillin to "hang" with Dan, but not Lyric. Whether or not this is 100% fool proof I can't say...but this is what Tammy stated when asked.
Good catch. It never occurred to me. If Dan was selling/using drugs and possibly manufacturing drugs, how would it be safe for either child to be around him? We know Dillon was with Dan when Misty called him after the bikes were found. Dans' mother was at work so that means there was no supervision of Dillons' visit. Ummmmmm. I wonder why it was ok for Dillon but not for Lyric?

or ... they had a prior appointment Grandma didn't know about ? and still
doesn't know about ?

I hear you and agree it is a great possibility. Maybe the girls left the drinks as a sign they intended to be back soon? I think the not having their drinks/ lunch while they were inside the house shows they either were lured suddenly away, or had a secret appointment they thought would not take long, and they'd be back quickly.

I have a question. Does LE have to tell the truth about things such as times in a case? If they say certain people or certain itmes were seen at such and such a time, does that have to be the truth? Or can they release incorrect information?

I hear you and agree it is a great possibility. Maybe the girls left the drinks as a sign they intended to be back soon? I think the not having their drinks/ lunch while they were inside the house shows they either were lured suddenly away, or had a secret appointment they thought would not take long, and they'd be back quickly.

.. like they had a priority waiting ? something planned-discussed between them ? 'kids don't tell Grandma 'everything' that's going down! Grandma's can be handled, worked around ... 'and we will be back soon anyway... ???

I just think 'something' has to explain their availability and being in a place or position to being
kidnapped in the first place, whatever it is that happened ... (family, pedophile, revenge) ...
and I'm very curious something was already afoot when they came in, pour the drinks, didn't
finish the drinks or eat, and left ... in haste? Did they love bike riding and exploring and
freedom THAT much to forgo finishing the drinks etc ... and just 'had to' leave ? I think the
poster makes a valid point.

I know, but I've already called them 3 times already. The first was about the coincidences in the background of CMF, the 2nd call was about someone I knew that was in jail with another inmate way before the girls bodies were discovered and what the inmate admitted to her. I doubted it was recorded, so thought it was my duty to call in. (Please don't ask who or what, I can't say with the rules here, just consider it rumor and no p.m's please.) And the third was a guy I thought was a good contender for being an accomplice, friends with many sex offenders but says he hates them, and loved wrestling. Everyone thought I should call in....remember him??

I think 3 is enough. They already have questioned him, and if I call in any more they are going to think I'm a nutcase or something. Besides that, he would know who probably told them, and if he has anything to do with the killer, I don't want to be his next victim..yikes!! :what:

You never know, every tip as small as it can be might help find who did this. I turned in one recently. Still not cleared in my mind yet. JJB and he's now out of jail for 3rd degree rape of a 12 year old as he admitted to it. He was charged with 7 other charges of lacivious acts for his sentence. He claims to be a cousin of both the girls. His sentence is lifetime parole & register as a sex offender. He was 20, but turned 21 on the day the girls were found. His facebook went poof right after he was released due to actually following the rules, I have no idea. There were other odd things found that was passed on too but nothing concrete.

I emailed Kent Smock because I had too many links for them to investigate or spell out over the phone on a tip line. Never heard back from him but also contacted a news person & they got the last interview from the LE saying they are investigating all leads. Must be frustrating for them but I do believe they check this stuff out. Not sure about the really wild tips though? IIRC, that last article said they were still getting tips of about 3-4 per day.

He was arrested 12/27/2012 and out by 1/15/2013. It just puzzles me how quick someone can get out of jail on a charge like that in under 20 days?

No, no , no... I'm simply not making myself clear.

You don't, IMO, have any reason to blush! I, too, don't believe that volunteer firefighters would have had the kind of "search and rescue" training that would meet LE crime scene treatment.

And, IMHO, none of the first "volunteers" to search had any reason to believe that a crime was involved.

ETA: I'm basically agreeing w/Jamie's remark abt the firefighters &, IMHO, their lack of advanced search & rescue skills.

Do any of you know what kind of training a Volunteer Firfighter goes through? Most if not all in this state are CERT Qualified which mean Community Emergency Response Team Qualified. My son joined the Volunteer Fire Department when he was 16 but was not considered a Volunteer Firefighter until he was completely training and qualified which took a couple of years of extensive training and then he had to be certified. He is a certified Firefighter I & II for the state of SD. My son also took a full years course as EMT and was certified nationally as an EMT at the age of 17. My son was involved in the Firefighter's Explore Program since he was 14 and well as Law Enforcement Explores and Deputy Sheriff Explores since he was 14. Today my son is a Deputy Sheriff/Volunteer Firefighter/EMT and I think he would be extremely offended to hear that some wouldn't consider him a professional. As a Volunteer Firefighter there's a lot a classroom training and on the job training as well as certifications. And for those who don't think they are trained in search and rescue think again. And to boot my brother was Division Chief for the Fire Department here before he retired and he'd tell you our Volunteer Firefighters are well trained and true professionals.

Back when Celina Cass was found, I read a great website for firefighters and their training in search and rescue. Towns varied in their equipment & experience. I don't have a link but it had a huge group of posters. As big as here I think. Very active. I learned so much from reading there. I'll try to find it tomorrow but do a search for firefighters and you might find it.

You never know, every tip as small as it can be might help find who did this. I turned in one recently. Still not cleared in my mind yet. JJB and he's now out of jail for 3rd degree rape of a 12 year old as he admitted to it. He was charged with 7 other charges of lacivious acts for his sentence. He claims to be a cousin of both the girls. His sentence is lifetime parole & register as a sex offender. He was 20, but turned 21 on the day the girls were found. His facebook went poof right after he was released due to actually following the rules, I have no idea. There were other odd things found that was passed on too but nothing concrete.

I emailed Kent Smock because I had too many links for them to investigate or spell out over the phone on a tip line. Never heard back from him but also contacted a news person & they got the last interview from the LE saying they are investigating all leads. Must be frustrating for them but I do believe they check this stuff out. Not sure about the really wild tips though? IIRC, that last article said they were still getting tips of about 3-4 per day.

He was arrested 12/27/2012 and out by 1/15/2013. It just puzzles me how quick someone can get out of jail on a charge like that in under 20 days?

They don't tolerate that crap in this state. They throw the book at them here. Someone I worked with got caught taking pictures of his daughter and her friends when they stayed over night with his daughter and they gave him 50 years in the penitentiary here. I was shocked when I found out what this guy was doing because he came across as being so religious. What a joke! Also we just executed a guy who abducted, molested, and killed an 8 year old here.

But if its a "free government" phone, I'm guessing there is a record of who it belongs too??

Or at the very least, who it was issued to, which can be the start of a chain.

I'm not sure what a free government phone is but I'm sure you're right, anything the government gives out comes with a paperwork trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV