IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These stories never cease to amaze me.

God forbid ONE of them stay home instead of both of them going to the store.:banghead:

How horribly sad for those 2 babies. It was FREEZING here yesterday and W'loo is north of here, and reportedly colder than our temps even 30 mins south. That poor baby is lucky someone found him when they did. It was freezing rain, ice and sleet most of the days yesterday...luckily he didn't slip and fall outside...or even worse walk in front of a vehicle that couldn't stop.

Poor punkin'. :(

Or fell/slid into the nearby pond....

I see "spontaneous" as spur of the moment, and "random" as meaning a child was abducted because there was an opportunity. Jessica Ridgeway's abduction was not spontaneous, as Austin Sigg was pre-occupied with attacking and abducting someone. It was random because Austin and Jessica had no relationship; they were strangers.

This abduction does not seem spontaneous. Instead, it seems well thought out and planned (just like the abduction of Jessica), so carefully planned that police still had no clue where to search after 5 months. It also seems random in the sense that these two girls were somehow lured to that spot on the trail by a stranger. That would not necessarily mean that they had any type of relationship with the perp, but that the perp provided them with a reason to ride to the SE tip of the lake, park their bikes and wait for something to happen.

I still think it happened closer to the Collins house. But I cant explain the dogs.

I still feel that the perp made plans with the girls July 13th, and thats why they rode so fast past the camera. They were meeting up with him.

I still think it happened closer to the Collins house. But I cant explain the dogs.

What makes you believe it happened closer to the Collins house? The timeline is too close to happen at the lake? The comments from Abben that "nothing here tells me the girls were here, just the bikes/purse"? The fact that the family firmly believes the girls didn't know how to get to the lake or wouldn't go to the lake?

I am not disagreeing with you in any way, shape, or form...just trying to pick your brain as to what makes you feel this way. :rocker:

I've gone back and forth exploring the possibility that the girls and bikes were grabbed near the Collin's home and the bikes were staged, and the possibility that the girls were lured to the lake by someone that spoke to them that afternoon.

The dogs tracked from the bikes to the lake, which was about 10-15 feet from where the bikes were parked. That is the info that was released by the FBI. That doesn't necessarily confirm that the girls were there. It could be that the dogs tracked from the bikes to where Elizabeth's purse was, just inside the fence along the shore.

Taken from article:
The child had been crying in the driveway and had returned to his house at 2833 Redwood Lane by the time police arrived.

This sounds like someone called the police but left it at that, allowing that poor child to remain outside by himself until they arrived. Is that the way you all read it too? :waitasec:

:( ::tears:: :furious:

I still feel that the perp made plans with the girls July 13th, and thats why they rode so fast past the camera. They were meeting up with him.

I don't think that the girls are riding fast. It looks to me like the camera is oscillating and that two glimpses of the girls are caught on the recording ... but I have been known to mis-perceive what I see.

What makes you believe it happened closer to the Collins house? The timeline is too close to happen at the lake? The comments from Abben that "nothing here tells me the girls were here, just the bikes/purse"? The fact that the family firmly believes the girls didn't know how to get to the lake or wouldn't go to the lake?

I am not disagreeing with you in any way, shape, or form...just trying to pick your brain as to what makes you feel this way. :rocker:

Just because mainly there are no confirmed sitings between the camera and the lake. That's a huge distance to cover.

That sounds a lot like the old 'stranger danger' claptrap.

If you look at the statistics on child abuse and particularly child sexual abuse, children are at far higher risk from adults in their own household than they are from being abducted by a non-household member.

That may be what stats say, but from personal experience im going to say 50/50 because BOTH happened to my son :mad: :furious: except his father didnt live with us when he raped him! The other person was someone that worked at the same place as me, & we were not friends nor aquainted! He was following me afterwork, found out where i lived, was watching my home apparently because he went to my house 2 hours before i got off work, told my 9 yr old son that my car broke down and i sent him to pick him up and my son believed him & went with him even tho my son had NEVER seen nor met him before! :furious:

MOO!

artzy

That may be what stats say, but from personal experience im going to say 50/50 because BOTH happened to my son :mad: :furious: except his father didnt live with us when he raped him! The other person was someone that worked at the same place as me, & we were not friends nor aquainted! He was following me afterwork, found out where i lived, was watching my home apparently because he went to my house 2 hours before i got off work, told my 9 yr old son that my car broke down and i sent him to pick him up and my son believed him & went with him even tho my son had NEVER seen nor met him before! :furious:

MOO!

artzy

Big hugs Artzypantz and especially for your son too. Big hugs.

So, at this point in the investigation who believes this was a completely random abduction?

Who thinks this was someone who was familiar with the girls? NOT FAMILY :tos: but someone who the girls would be comfortable going with?

All I can muster is whoever took the girls to 7-Bridges has some relationship to what I guess
we must call the girl's abduction, and murders. And the only reason I'm using those terms is
because LE did. 7-Bridges may be the key to this since nothing at Evansdale is decisive or
even very helpful. If LE has nothing at Evansdale, I hope 7-Bridges yielded evidence.
Everything else, to me, seems like conjecture.

I feel this was not random, but well-planned. One girl was the main target but the perp did not hesitate to lure away both girls. That the area around the Collin's house, the Lake, Maiden Lane, and 7 Bridges Park are a comfortable enough place for the perp to be without much fear of being asked why he is there.

I feel this was not random, but well-planned. One girl was the main target but the perp did not hesitate to lure away both girls. That the area around the Collin's house, the Lake, Maiden Lane, and 7 Bridges Park are a comfortable enough place for the perp to be without much fear of being asked why he is there.

Oh boy, now I am back to doubts about CMF again. Yes, I know all known sex offenders have been cleared, but they said that about everyone so far that they've talked to, haven't they? :waitasec:

I really enjoyed catching up this evening. There are some great posts over the last 24hrs. I still struggle with the idea that it is related to DM and his alleged meth connections. Does anyone think its possible that Elizabeth was carrying a purse and phone while out riding her bike to give the illusion of being older like Lyric? Its just this happened where she lived. Did the purse get thrown over the fence to show her who was in control at the lake to make her feel like a little girl & submit to this person? I hope that makes sense to someone. Its not where Lyric really lived. I know Lyric spent time there. I just can't get the thought out of my head that i was off track with my theory of it being related to Lyric. I even went back to the very first thread to get an idea of peoples thoughts at the very beginning before any drug connections were revealed. I still believe this is very much about one of the girls being targeted. Maybe i am thinking too much about it all. :)

Just because mainly there are no confirmed sitings between the camera and the lake. That's a huge distance to cover.

I agree! Just feel there should have been more confirmed sightings of the girls between the camera and the lake. There were businesses and it was summer. We only have Mr. C saying he saw the girls that day. Maybe there were more people that came forward that did not speak to the media ? I can't explain the dogs either, but if there were 2 people fishing on the lake that day surely they would have seen the girls and LE would said there was a confirmed sighting of the girls at Lake Meyers.

All I can muster is whoever took the girls to 7-Bridges has some relationship to what I guess
we must call the girl's abduction, and murders. And the only reason I'm using those terms is
because LE did. 7-Bridges may be the key to this since nothing at Evansdale is decisive or
even very helpful. If LE has nothing at Evansdale, I hope 7-Bridges yielded evidence.
Everything else, to me, seems like conjecture.

To me, 7-Bridges means the perp is local and familiar with the Evansdale, Waterloo, 7-Bridges. He knows the area. I think if he were not local, the bodies would have been dumped much further away, hundreds of miles away, a state or two away. I just think they are close.

I'm very surprised that given the size of Evansdale that we haven't heard more rumors (locally) about who the people of the town believe could be responsible or who has been looked into (via the FB pages or comments on articles, etc.). I would think that there would be some serious gossip and hoopla going around in such a small town. Especially something of this magnitude.

I just have this gut feeling this HAS to be someone with local knowledge given the secluded area the bikes were left, and then also the 7 Bridges park where the bodies were found (also secluded). This screams local knowledge to me. And for everything to appear so quiet in MSM it makes me wonder what the word on the street is.

I can't help but feel some sort of link of the whole "park" connection. Two girls in the family return home late a week earlier from a park, the bikes are found at Meyer's Lake (also what I would call a park), and the bodies found also at a park. Very strange coincidence IMO. Almost TOO coincidental.

So, what links are there between these 3 places? What is AT a park that would possibly draw someone to be there? Fishing, for one, at Meyer's Lake and also 7 Bridges (even though the fishing would not be good, it's still something that would give a person an excuse to be there). Maintenance of some sort...at all 3 places. Even though 7 Bridges isn't maintained now, it was at one time.

Hunting doesn't take place at Meyer's Lake, nor at the local park the girls were late coming home from. Bike riding I don't believe goes on at 7 Bridges either (as a norm, not saying it doesn't EVER happen)...but I don't think there is enough traffic in 7 Bridges for someone to really stalk a person there and plan something like this.

Fishing hatcheries? DNR or conservation observers? Water quality testing type people? Children's playground equipment repair workers? Is there any playground type equipment at all 3 places? :waitasec:

I'm very surprised that given the size of Evansdale that we haven't heard more rumors (locally) about who the people of the town believe could be responsible or who has been looked into (via the FB pages or comments on articles, etc.). I would think that there would be some serious gossip and hoopla going around in such a small town. Especially something of this magnitude.

I just have this gut feeling this HAS to be someone with local knowledge given the secluded area the bikes were left, and then also the 7 Bridges park where the bodies were found (also secluded). This screams local knowledge to me. And for everything to appear so quiet in MSM it makes me wonder what the word on the street is.

I can't help but feel some sort of link of the whole "park" connection. Two girls in the family return home late a week earlier from a park, the bikes are found at Meyer's Lake (also what I would call a park), and the bodies found also at a park. Very strange coincidence IMO. Almost TOO coincidental.

So, what links are there between these 3 places? What is AT a park that would possibly draw someone to be there? Fishing, for one, at Meyer's Lake and also 7 Bridges (even though the fishing would not be good, it's still something that would give a person an excuse to be there). Maintenance of some sort...at all 3 places. Even though 7 Bridges isn't maintained now, it was at one time.

Hunting doesn't take place at Meyer's Lake, nor at the local park the girls were late coming home from. Bike riding I don't believe goes on at 7 Bridges either (as a norm, not saying it doesn't EVER happen)...but I don't think there is enough traffic in 7 Bridges for someone to really stalk a person there and plan something like this.

Fishing hatcheries? DNR or conservation observers? Water quality testing type people? Children's playground equipment repair workers? Is there any playground type equipment at all 3 places? :waitasec:

:goodpost: I believe you are onto something... a link. Fishing is a good connection although we have been told by locals Meyers Lake is not where someone wanting to do serious fishing would be fishing. What about a vagrant-type person, has a home in Waterloo, Evansdale or surrounding area but maybe sometimes camped (maybe not legally) at local parks ? Maybe if things were not going so good at home for this person, they escaped to parks to get away until things settled down.

Also, Elizabeth seemed to be a child who never met a stranger. Not sure about Lyric. Elizabeth and Lyric both loved animals. Elizabeth had a new puppy. Lyric's coloring pages of kitty cats were so sweet. I hope LE has looked at anyone who might have a dog or cat close by the girls went to "visit."

I really enjoyed catching up this evening. There are some great posts over the last 24hrs. I still struggle with the idea that it is related to DM and his alleged meth connections. Does anyone think its possible that Elizabeth was carrying a purse and phone while out riding her bike to give the illusion of being older like Lyric? Its just this happened where she lived. Did the purse get thrown over the fence to show her who was in control at the lake to make her feel like a little girl & submit to this person? I hope that makes sense to someone. Its not where Lyric really lived. I know Lyric spent time there. I just can't get the thought out of my head that i was off track with my theory of it being related to Lyric. I even went back to the very first thread to get an idea of peoples thoughts at the very beginning before any drug connections were revealed. I still believe this is very much about one of the girls being targeted. Maybe i am thinking too much about it all. :)

This opens up a whole 'nother bucket of worms. I believe one reason COD, TOD, etc. are not being released by LE is because they have not ruled out a drug connection either. Could the family have been convinced the girls were abducted from the beginning because of a drug lord in Iowa and what the drug lord nearly got away with in 1993?

RSO says he's partly responsible for helping convict a major drug lord who nearly got away with the murder of five people in Iowa in 1993, including two girls, ages 6 and 10.
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sirens/tags/brian-cole/

The couple has a long criminal history. Misty was linked to a methamphetamine ring in 2003, and Daniel has had several drug possession and burglary charges since the early 1990s, the Des Moines Register reported.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/19/misty-daniel-morrissey-criminal-records-meth_n_1688083.html

Not sleuthing the family, just thinking the above case certainly might have been the first thing that popped into the family's head and made them think the girls were abducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clementine123?