IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where? County? TIA

One guy on her facebook has a quote "Favorite Quotations "you got to be careful if you don't know where your going,because you might not get there."

Kinda creepy with what has happened. JMO His initials are DC. He is a tree trimmer so knows the bush well i would assume. JMO

May be nothing.

Edited

OMGosh i didnt realize this was missing girls dad! Maybe a co worker he works with that knows him and the bush???

First pic is the pump house, facing south, from Arbutus. Almost directly behind it, about 75 yards, would be where I'm believing the purse was found, and few feet farther, over the fence, the bikes. From where I'm standing here, I can hear the pump on the jetty loud and clear.

Second pic shows that the drive just ends right there. The woods are fairly dense, but not so much that you can't see the clear sky above the highway just behind them. It doesn't give the illusion of "deep, dark woods."

Third pic is the westernmost edge of the pump house driveway. In the middle of the pic, what looks like a lone-standing bush, is actually just an extension of the undergrowth around the pump house. The path on the right is the mystery path that I had assumed was labeled as a road on the Bing maps. I am standing in the best spot to see it, as from the driveway and/or the street it is really very well obscured.

Thanks Ollipop so much for all the pics...especially these 3. I'm beginning to think this where a vechicle could have been waitng for them. Your thoughts? Can you clearly see the pump house and it's "driveway" from the road? Would a person casually driving by take notice you think? Thanks again. :thumb:

I didn't see anything unusual on Lyric's FB's wall. Most were games and those automatic apps that send you daily or weekly stuff. As others have mentioned the only significant posts were from last year when she was bored at her cousin's house.

I did notice for a period of time the only stuff posted on her wall was the automated apps. I didn't consider her to be an active fb user.

Parents please monitor your kids computer activities!

I wonder if LE found something on her computer???

I don't think posts she makes to others appear on her wall though. She could have posted on a friend's wall about being somewhere at a certain time and the info could have been read by the wrong person. Also, some groups allow you to post without joining.

One guy on her facebook has a quote "Favorite Quotations "you got to be careful if you don't know where your going,because you might not get there."

Kinda creepy with what has happened. JMO His initials are DC. He is a tree trimmer so knows the bush well i would assume. JMO

May be nothing.

that is elizabeths father

I have seen that quote posted on a few of my friends facebook pages. It doesn't mean anything bad.

April Martin and Jeremy Towsley sat on a bench near the lake for about eight hours overnight. They finally went home at around 7 a.m. Wednesday.

“We’ve been out here since 11 last night,” Martin said.

“We got high hopes, hoping they are not here in the lake and that they’re somewhere safe,” Towsley added.

Others who stopped by said they were restless. Many people within the Evansdale community are having problems getting to bed.

“Sleepless nights, I haven’t been able to sleep more than a few hours a night,” said former Evansdale firefighter Billy Fischels.

http://thegazette.com/2012/07/18/evansdale-community-holds-out-hope-even-as-time-passes/

Thanks for the links to the FB groups that you posted last night, much appreciated.

Also, I want to know why the lake was descended on so quickly by the police? I can only assume that there are two reasons:
1) the aunt talked to the guy who said that he saw them riding in the area of the lake, and she reported that to police
2) if the police descended on the lake at 3pm, they'd have found the bikes pretty fast in my opinion. The guy who rode his bike and said he saw the bikes on the path at 12:27pm - did he report this before or after the bikes had been found?

In my experience (which fortunately is limited), the police spend a good amount of time at first checking the area where the kids live, and questioning people to have last seen them. They then begin to move outwards from there in their search. If the police went directly to the lake as it seems they did (perhaps two teams went out, one to talk to the family and one to check the lake), then it must be because of the man who said he saw them riding in the area that Aunt Tammy talked to. Otherwise, how would the police know to concentrate an effort there at all?

Because the dogs followed their scent there.

Dogs Detect Scents Of Missing Iowa Cousins Elizabeth Collins And Lyric Cook-Morrissey: FBI
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/17/dogs-detect-scents-missing-cousins_n_1681325.html

Great pictures Ollipop!

IYO, would a vehicle parked where you found the unusual tire tracks be fairly well obscured from Arbutus Av?

Can you look at the map in my siggy and verify that the location that I marked is correct for where you found the tire tracks? Thanks!

Hollye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the parents & grandma of these girls are probably beating themselves up wishing they'd done this or that differently. With all due respect, I don't think anyone else needs to assign blame on them at this time.

If the girls aren't found in the lake, will it then be considered an abduction?

The longer this goes on, the scarier it is. I'm just a mom & grandma who lives a couple hours away. I know how worried I am, I can't imagine what these families are going through. Praying the girls will be found today. My porch light will remain on until these girls are brought home.

JMO

May be nothing.

Edited

OMGosh i didnt realize this was missing girls dad! Maybe a co worker he works with that knows him and the bush???

that guy is the dad of one of the missing kids, so I didn't give much weight to it.

ETA: I see that this has already been clarified... sorry I got to the replies a bit later as I was slow to read.

Because the dogs followed their scent there.

Dogs Detect Scents Of Missing Iowa Cousins Elizabeth Collins And Lyric Cook-Morrissey: FBI
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/17/dogs-detect-scents-missing-cousins_n_1681325.html

Thanks. Can anyone pls advise me as to how soon the dogs were brought in after the kids went missing? I was under the impression that the dogs only detected the scent on the docks more recently, not immediately at the start of the investigation. In the link you provided, the article states the dogs tracked the scent to the docks four days after they went missing.

Knowing it was four days after the kids went missing that the dogs tracked scent to the dock area, I have to ask again:

How did the police know to immediately descend on the lake in the first place?

Thanks. Can anyone pls advise me as to how soon the dogs were brought in after the kids went missing? I was under the impression that the dogs only detected the scent on the docks more recently, not immediately at the start of the investigation. In the link you provided, the article states the dogs tracked the scent to the docks four days after they went missing.

Knowing it was four days after the kids went missing that the dogs tracked scent to the dock area, I have to ask again:

Possibly due the call from the guy that said he ran into the bikes on his bike ride at 1227, does anyone know what time this guy contacted police?

If they were abducted, I agree with the two theories, lured to the dock or to the grassy area close to where the bikes were found.

Bikes were reported to be laying on the trail by another biker who passed and had to swerve to miss them earlier in the day (12:27ish). Biker reported the bikes, once he learned girls were missing.

SBM

So, who knows? Maybe Elizabeth's first reaction to seeing Lyric accosted was to start fumbling with her purse.

I discussed this with my daughter who is 9, almost 10. She is a smart kid and has been taught all about "stranger (and not stranger) danger".

She said that if someone somehow grabbed her friend, the first thing she would do would be to grab her phone and call 911. I then asked her what she would do if the bad guy had a weapon and threatened her friend with it, she said she would do whatever he said to try to protect her friend. Even go with him. :banghead:

Possibly due the call from the guy that said he ran into the bikes on his bike ride at 1227, does anyone know what time this guy contacted police?

If they were abducted, I agree with the two theories, lured to the dock or to the grassy area close to where the bikes were found.

I read that the guy who saw the bikes on the trail didn't call in til later in the day, after he heard that the kids were missing. I also read that the police had already found the bikes by the time they got his call (I'll see if I can find any links to support this anywhere). If this is true, then why did the police swarm the lake area so quickly? I'm trying to figure out if it was because some guy told the aunt that he had seen the kids on the trail shortly before she asked about them? If so, then when police were called, someone in the family could have advised police that the kids were spotted near the lake etc....

I'm *really* hoping there is some info on who the witness is and that he has been grilled seven ways from Sunday by police! I would really hate to think that the guy the aunt talked to might have been somehow involved in an abduction, and he just slipped away quietly after the aunt talked to him! I'm also wondering if he stayed around to help out in any way??

I discussed this with my daughter who is 9, almost 10. She is a smart kid and has been taught all about "stranger (and not stranger) danger".

She said that if someone somehow grabbed her friend, the first thing she would do would be to grab her phone and call 911. I then asked her what she would do if the bad guy had a weapon and threatened her friend with it, she said she would do whatever he said to try to protect her friend. Even go with him. :banghead:

I asked my 13 yr old son last night the same questions, he looked at me and said "Mom, I could handle myself" Uhgggg!! So we went over what to do again, and somehow I just don't feel much better...

May be nothing.

Edited

I think he means this the same way we mean "act like every day is your last day on earth" - or live every day with a purpose - he and his wife are very spiritual and his wife had a very close call with death recently when her heart gave out and she went into cardiac arrest. I remember reading that the only reason she survived was that her husband came back to get something he had forgotten when he left for work. He found her and did CPR and got the medics there in time to save her. I'm at work, so I can't find the article right now, but it was very hard to read, thinking of what these poor parents are currently going through.

Isn't this the 3rd day of draining the lake? Didn't they say 2 - 3 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncorliss52