IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference between child molesters and pedophiles. A child molester is often a stranger to the family. He is the one who targets a child he sees and often acts almost immediately on his impulse. He will grab the child, perform sexual acts, and sometimes will then murder the child. This is the criminal who will snatch a child from the grocery store, the mall, the park, or even from in front of the child's own house. These men have no love for children whatsoever. They act out of violence and a need to exert power over those who are weaker than themselves. While child molesters are often strangers, they can also be family members, neighbors or friends of the family.
Pedophiles, on the other hand, genuinely like kids. Sometimes he will invite the neighborhood children to his home to watch videos and play video games. He will give them candy and other snack foods.
(Internet Usage) The truth is that not only do they go into private chat with some of the kids, they often take it a step further and set up times and places to meet a few young teens in person.
They learn just what to say and do to ensure that the child is not likely to tell. They also learn what to do and say if they are caught. Pedophiles have their own online networking system.
Apparently these men are also experts at hiding the nature of their deviant sexual desires. Most of their friends, relatives, neighbors, coworkers and acquaintances are shocked when they find out that the man they know and like so much is a pedophile. They would never have guessed it, as he always seemed so likable, helpful and friendly.

(This is written by a mother who met the pedophile that attempted to groom her son - very interesting read IMHO.)

--May We ALL Remember The Victims ALWAYS--
and
--May They All Rest In Peace, FOREVER-

http://crimeshots.com/PEDOPHILES.html

I think we have a child molester because the girls are dead. I think they knew him from the lake. He might have given them candy once or had a puppy once. Hard to say. LE is not giving us a clue.

Thank you for the link to the article. I agree there is a difference. Pedophiles are often religious too! :moo:

I want to add something else. Last year, here in my neck of the woods...... there's teen hangout. Kegs and what not.

A HS boy was attacked one night while they were partying.
Perps beat his head with iron objects.

This boy was in a coma. My point is, kids party and do crazy *advertiser censored*.
The 2 assailants are still in jail as far as I know.

http://www.theexaminernews.com/north-salem-brothers-charged-with-assault-of-brewster-teens/

I also recall another story my son told me back in HS.
There has always been bullying and rivalries.
In the lunch room, one kid picked up a chair and struck another student over the head. He could have been killed that day.

My son was bullied throughout Middle School. He got very depressed. I took him for therapy weekly as I was very concerned. We went together.

We got through it together. He is happy and healthy now.
During one of our discussions, years later he told me:
"Mom, I got big, no one messed with me after that".

All this makes me feel so sad. I pray for our kids. :please:

Makes me sad too Bunnyhop! I am glad you and your son made it through the rough years. . . been there too! Indeed, our children all need our prayers!

:bedtime: Nighty-night folks! Always wake up hoping the bad guy has been caught. :heartbeat:

:goodpost: Have we even heard the word heinous to describe Elizabeth and Lyric's deaths? No! SapphireSteel is correct! All the wording around this crime has been SOFT!

"Soft wording" to describe an unsolved abduction/murder doesn't say anything to me. Should it mean something?

Thanks Pearl, florist/gardener here in NY. For us, hibiscus is an annual, not a perennial. Used for decorative purposes only. Went to my local greenhouse this week, they are showing topiary hibiscus for patio/deck accents.

BTW, for those interested.........
downy mildew is a huge problem this year. NO IMPATIENS, also attacks basil, salvias, my pansies went byebye. Be very careful this year.

I'm a retailer, so are taking precautions, but this will definitely effect our business.

If you're in the NE, mid-atlantic and points south be aware.
I got an alert from a local grower, they will not be selling impatiens this year. They supplied this link from Cornell.

http://vegetablemdonline.ppath.cornell.edu/NewsArticles/BasilDowny.html

Im ancy to start my garden but cold temps and now weeks of rain aren't helping. I sense planting will be a month late this year? Earl May and others are behind in setting things out. Much flooding in my area tonight.
The drought is over? Drought>flood. Flood>drought. Meteors>????. Winter in July? :blushing: Hey I could switch to raising camels and looking for meteorites for a living! :rocker: I could build a
Viking Ship on wheels and have ads on KCRG! :seeya: I noticed orchids are now being offered by my local hardware store - :please: I wonder whose idea that was, at $38.00 a pop? Is there an orchid craze I'm unaware of? Maybe I can sell my camels to law enforcement and they can put several out at 7-Bridges just to scare off abductors unfamiliar with camel justice? Might work? :great:

I think there is a possibility the bikes could have been staged Marilyn.

I believe the reason for the (possible) staging could have been to keep LE, family, volunteers and any other individuals involved in the search, off the roadways and mainly focused in the park and the surrounding area, to avoid detection while transporting the girls and the likelihood of being stopped by LE would be lessened.

IMO
I don't know what to think anymore, but I agree they could have been staged. How do we explain the dogs tracking their scent at the lake if that is the case?

That rings no bells with me, but I'll see if I can find anything about it.

ETA: I think this is what you are looking for:

The park has been used to dispose of evidence in the past. In November 2007, Martaves Keys went to the park to get rid of the gun he used to kill Anissa Schroeder and Ronald Scullark in Waterloo and burn his bloody clothing. A search diver recovered the weapon from the Wapsipinicon River after a witness came forward.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_394b71f6-3f2c-11e2-8ae9-0019bb2963f4.html

Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you Marilyn! I so appreciate you digging this up for me. It's been driving me bonkers. As I said in my earlier post, I'm quite inclined to believe that we're looking at a more urban (relatively speaking!) than rural perp. Someone from E'dale/W'loo/CF that would be familiar enough w/ Meyers Lake to pull off the abduction and murder with such precision to leave behind seemingly nary a trace of evidence (that we know of), whom would also be removed enough from rural life and outdoor activities to believe that two beautiful little girls would not be found at 7 Bridges.

"Soft wording" to describe an unsolved abduction/murder doesn't say anything to me. Should it mean something?

No, you are correct. I believe what I am trying to convey. . . and I thought about this last night and just came to the conclusion that people should take heed. Two girls were abducted and killed. Common sense should prevail. We should not need LE making a statement every day to watch our kids because of what happened to Elizabeth and Lyric. We are not stupid, it is up to the people to take the initiative to protect their children. It is obvious LE cannot be on everyone's doorstep to protect every child. As parents, that is our duty.

I hope LE has the suspect(s) under surveillance. If they do it is likely he is still in the area and they are watching him like a hawk (hi tlcya - miss you). The community should be aware abduction danger is very real. We also do not want a copy-cat of what happened last summer!

Thanks for sharing this Bunny!
That pregnant pause after mentioning that the girls cleaned everyday at the Collins' still makes me wonder.

Also the part where she mentions that Lyric was a "leader", giving the example of her gettiing "lost in the woods"....?! OMG

BBM That comment confused me. To me, it sounded like they came to her house to clean. IDK. :facepalm:

Hardy Hybiscus have been grown in Iowa since the 70's at least. Many species available. They need to be in a semi protected area and survive best if covered in the winter ... I love them.
http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/hortnews/2008/9-10/hibiscus.html

I love them too! We also call them Altheas for some reason, or maybe that is a completely different plant. Neither here nor there. The fact that they are choosing a native, more hardy, hibiscus for the island tells me that "they" is putting some thought in the planting and landscaping of the island and that is a good thing. I think otto is correct and there will be some "refining" of what happens on the island as things progress.

BBM That comment confused me. To me, it sounded like they came to her house to clean. IDK. :facepalm:

Maybe that's how the girls made a little money. Heather would pay them to clean her house to make a little spending cash or to squirrel away for a rainy day.

Good morning Bunnyhop!:seeya:

You are a wonderful mom! :seeya:

Thanks Reverie. I did what I had to for the welfare of my son.
My point was that teens hang out. Sometimes there is violence.

If seven bridges was a "hangout", that needs to be looked into.
The difference here, is we are not meth capital. More like kegs and weed.

:twocents:

You are a wonderful mom! :seeya:

I want to add something.
http://www.theexaminernews.com/north-salem-brothers-charged-with-assault-of-brewster-teens/

50-60 teens hanging out at the end of the school year.
They were partying. I'm sure LE knew/knows this is a popular hang out.

My business partner-her daughter graduated last year and was there that night. She left early, before the attack. What was going on in seven bridges? That's my question.

If this was a hang out place, many know more than they are saying. :twocents:

Im ancy to start my garden but cold temps and now weeks of rain aren't helping. I sense planting will be a month late this year? Earl May and others are behind in setting things out. Much flooding in my area tonight.
The drought is over? Drought>flood. Flood>drought. Meteors>????. Winter in July? :blushing: Hey I could switch to raising camels and looking for meteorites for a living! :rocker: I could build a
Viking Ship on wheels and have ads on KCRG! :seeya: I noticed orchids are now being offered by my local hardware store - :please: I wonder whose idea that was, at $38.00 a pop? Is there an orchid craze I'm unaware of? Maybe I can sell my camels to law enforcement and they can put several out at 7-Bridges just to scare off abductors unfamiliar with camel justice? Might work? :great:

I enjoy your humor. :great:
The fact is re: gardens, there's a huge problem this year.
Being in business, it's a huge concern for me. We are getting notifications regularly about the downy mildew problem. There's little we can do about it.

We have to be very careful what we plant, and what we buy.
Another headache for us. Veggies are also affected.

https://www.google.com/search?q=downy+mildew&aq=0&oq=downy+mild&aqs=chrome.0.0j57j5j59j60j62.7060j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Just saying.......... :fence:

View attachment 32212 Here I'm walking away from the pump house it is behind me, I'm walking thru maiden lane woods to the lakes edge. Towards where the bikes and purse were.

I'm still stumped as to how Dan was able to bring a quad in here and drive around to do "their own investigation".

I wonder what would make Dan bring his quad with him anyway. If Misty called him and said the girls were missing and bikes were found at the lake, I wonder what made him think "I better bring my quad". :waitasec:

Certainly doesn't look to me like an area that a quad would be easily navigated.

I'm still stumped as to how Dan was able to bring a quad in here and drive around to do "their own investigation".

I wonder what would make Dan bring his quad with him anyway. If Misty called him and said the girls were missing and bikes were found at the lake, I wonder what made him think "I better bring my quad". :waitasec:

Certainly doesn't look to me like an area that a quad would be easily navigated.

But according to the video I posted upthread, he has no license? His mom said so. :blushing:

here at :25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=OXQOKoZYWWs&feature=endscreen

Did Dan have access to another vehicle? Was the quad the only means of transportation he owned?

Maybe that's how the girls made a little money. Heather would pay them to clean her house to make a little spending cash or to squirrel away for a rainy day.

Good morning Bunnyhop!:seeya:

Asking an unnecessary question, as it doesn't really matter, but why would someone's house need to be cleaned every day?

I have a feeling that on this particular day, Grandma came over to watch the little ones because Heather had an appt and Drew was at work.

Maybe Heather was so weak she couldn't care for the kids on her own, so Grandma came to help. Made meals, picked up, did laundry, and just helped around the house in general...but maybe it was also caring for Heather.

Is it common for Drew to come home at 12:30? Is it likely (because he's self employed) he typically came home for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313