IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunger Middle School's Partners in Education have finished a memorial lounge area in the school's media center in honor of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey. There will be a small open house ceremony at 6:30 p.m., before the school's orchestra concert. The ceremony is open to the public.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/go...11e2-8e6b-0019bb2963f4.html?comment_form=true

Ty for the link. I was coming here to post the same even though I figured that either you or roses would beat me to it. lol

(O/T - since I took the advice you gave onbrd as to what words to feed into google alerts, I've been receiving the kind of updates I was wanting to see.) Ty.

Since I had already copied the link abt the school memorial before coming onbrd today, I'm going to go ahead and paste it, too.

Lots of wonderful, colorful pics of the project. And, how sad are the words that subj school is the one both Lyric and Lizzie would have been attending?!? Makes me want to cry.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_ce683070-3327-51f8-8017-a298bf0e6fda.html

Like watcher, I couldn't open the link. However, IIRC, wasn't it you who posted a pic of Lizzie's headstone (tagged as being on P.16)?

Sooo, unless more has been added to the stone, if I were you I wouldn't worry abt trying to get the new pic/link to open.

You, IMO, already give more of yourself and your time to this brd than anybody else...

And... thank you for that !! :rockon:

Checking on updates. Hi all! When is there ever going to be an arrest? Or something?

Like watcher, I couldn't open the link. However, IIRC, wasn't it you who posted a pic of Lizzie's headstone (tagged as being on P.16)?

Sooo, unless more has been added to the stone, if I were you I wouldn't worry abt trying to get the new pic/link to open.

You, IMO, already give more of yourself and your time to this brd than anybody else...

And... thank you for that !! :rockon:

Thanks for your kind words!

A few additions have been made to headstone. It's now surrounded by a small border of landscaping gravel. Some cute wooden flowers line up across the top of the headstone. On the headstone is a ceramic squirrel and a vase of artificial flowers. It looks sweet.

Bringing this over from the missing thread.
Chilling. A direct line west on 20 from Evansdale.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Law-E...208248291.html

Kathlynn is 5'6" and 160 pounds. She has blond hair and blue eyes.

Law enforcement believe they have located the alleged abductor, however Kathlynn remains missing.

IA IA-Kathlynn Shepard (possible abduction of 2 girls, 1 located)-15-Dayton- 20 May 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

just heard this on KCRG... they have the abductor.

TWO GIRLS INVOLVED!

One got away and is fine, the second is being sought. Apparently the perp had the both at
some point ???

The kcrg link above does not work so here is this -

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...rls/-/9357080/20229204/-/o6jgt0z/-/index.html

More details from WHO-TV

"Authorities in Webster County are searching for a 15-year-old girl who was allegedly kidnapped Monday afternoon.
According to police a 15-year-old and 12-year-old accepted a ride from a stranger in a big red truck while they were standing at their bus stop near Dayton just before 4 p.m. One of the girls was able to escape and run to a nearby farm house.
The owner of that farm house told Channel 13 the girl came running up to him barefoot, crying and covered in cuts. She told the farmer she had been kidnapped and taken to a nearby hog farm. The farmer then called police.
The 15-year-old girl is still missing, she is identified as Kathlynn Shepard. She was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt, blue jeans and a Minnesota Vikings hat. She has blonde hair, blue eyes and stands 5’6″ tall and weighs 160 pounds. Authorities are asking residents in and around the area where Boone, Webster and Hamilton counties meet to keep an eye out for Kathlynn.
Authorities say an Amber Alert has not been issued because the abductor is no longer at large. According to authorities he killed himself at some point this evening.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available."

More details from WHO-TV

"Authorities in Webster County are searching for a 15-year-old girl who was allegedly kidnapped Monday afternoon.
According to police a 15-year-old and 12-year-old accepted a ride from a stranger in a big red truck while they were standing at their bus stop near Dayton just before 4 p.m. One of the girls was able to escape and run to a nearby farm house.
The owner of that farm house told Channel 13 the girl came running up to him barefoot, crying and covered in cuts. She told the farmer she had been kidnapped and taken to a nearby hog farm. The farmer then called police.
The 15-year-old girl is still missing, she is identified as Kathlynn Shepard. She was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt, blue jeans and a Minnesota Vikings hat. She has blonde hair, blue eyes and stands 5’6″ tall and weighs 160 pounds. Authorities are asking residents in and around the area where Boone, Webster and Hamilton counties meet to keep an eye out for Kathlynn.
Authorities say an Amber Alert has not been issued because the abductor is no longer at large. According to authorities he killed himself at some point this evening.

Sure hope somebody thinks to search his place for any sign of our girls! ???

Will Bremer County look into this or just ignore it? Maybe somebody needs to let them know!?

(not taking anything for granted these daze!)

I had gotten to know the head of the Minnesota Security Hospital for the criminally insane in St. Peter, where a lot of the major sex-crime offenders go. He said somebody will commit a crime toward a child, then have three months of feeling empty, and then three months of starting to look, and he’ll do it again in nine months.

http://www.minnesotamonthly.com/med...out-a-Trace/index.php?cparticle=2&siarticle=1

I wonder if this is connected to the girls....

More details from WHO-TV

This abduction I mean. So similar and nearly 9 months apart.

Praying they find Kathlynn and also praying for Oklahoma.

just heard this on KCRG... they have the abductor.

TWO GIRLS INVOLVED!

One got away and is fine, the second is being sought. Apparently the perp had the both at
some point ???

The kcrg link above does not work so here is this -

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...rls/-/9357080/20229204/-/o6jgt0z/-/index.html

It was hard to fathom that the abductor would take two girls, Lyric and Lizzie and now another case so close to Evansdale!

Just 78 miles to the West a straight shot on 20, two girls same age range are abducted?

If this isn't the same guy, heaven help us!
I'm praying for ya'll in Iowa, I grew up in Wisconsin.

jmo

Hoping they find this young girl alive! The 12 yo, God Bless her, was able to get away, she will be haunted for life and this monster takes himself out-coward & raw evil. So frightening.

I hurried here to tell you guys about the abduction of two girls and see you beat me to it. Where does it say the suspect killed himself?

Dayton Iowa is one hour and 51 minutes away from Evansdale straight west on hwy 20.

I hope that when this hog farm and is thoroughly investigated it leads to resolution to what possibly happened to Lyric and Lizzie.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/upd...9bb2963f4.html

Authorities are asking search volunteers to gather Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. at the Dayton Community Center to look for the girl.

Kathlynn is 5 feet, 6 inches and 160 pounds. She has blond hair and blue eyes.

They are also asking for the public's help in finding Kathlynn Shepard. In particular, residents in and around the area where Boone, Webster and Hamilton counties meet, are asked to keep an eye out for the missing girl. Call (515) 573-2323 with any information.

http://www.radioiowa.com/2013/05/21/...ebster-county/

Kathlynn Shepard was last seen wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and a Minnesota Vikings cap. She is five feet six inches tall and weighs 160 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes.

I had gotten to know the head of the Minnesota Security Hospital for the criminally insane in St. Peter, where a lot of the major sex-crime offenders go. He said somebody will commit a crime toward a child, then have three months of feeling empty, and then three months of starting to look, and he’ll do it again in nine months.

http://www.minnesotamonthly.com/med...out-a-Trace/index.php?cparticle=2&siarticle=1

I wonder if this is connected to the girls....

This is a very interesting article, thanks for sharing it with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx